Demarco Boyd charged with misdemeanor assault, suspended from team activities, has left the team

Machinator

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I wont bump, but I'd be shocked if you weren't wrong. DalTxHornFan  apparently heard the same shit I heard from some folks. Which is Boyd beat the living fuck out of a skinny little guy and his friends or other folks have the whole thing on video. If what I heard was correct, Boyd is going to fucking jail. My understanding was the kid was hospitalized. As for the charges and whether or not they seem lenient, someone said his parents might have ties to UT. 

Not sure if it's true, but that is what I heard.

One lawyer with the same last name at a Dallas firm has a bio that shows him as a UT grad 1983, which would be about right for a college-age son.  The bio also shows him as being a Texas Cowboy.  Don't want to post the name in case it's the wrong guy.

The video will tell all.  If it's as being described, he should be a goner.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I hope big lawyer man decides to just be a big man and be glad no one was maimed or killed.  Demarco isn't a particularly juicy, deep-pockets defendant, and it's an intentional tort, so there's not going to be any insurance or associated sources of money.

First round money, homie. 

https://www.barkingcarnival.com/2018/7/27/17621802/texas-lb-demarco-boyd-suspension-impact-on-2019

By now, most Longhorn fans are probably aware of the late breaking news last night concerning Demarco Boyd’s suspension from team activities, stemming from an assault charge after a traffic accident.

The details are probably key in understanding how this case will be resolved, but the facts as we know them are that Longhorn defensive backs Kris Boyd and BJ Foster were rear ended by a 20 year old man in Austin, the force of which drove their car into another car which held Demarco Boyd. Demarco Boyd is alleged to have gotten out, assessed the extensive damage to his brother’s car, and then assaulted the 20 year old driver who initiated the accident.

Given the amount of damage, the possibility of injury and the adrenaline going through a body when there’s a car wreck with the possibility of injury to a loved one, one can see how events can take a nasty turn.

Without exact facts, particularly with respect to the egregiousness of the behavior that caused the accident (road conditions were wet), or whether or not the driver that slammed into Boyd’s brother was possibly impaired in some way, it’s hard to know whether Demarco Boyd’s actions were comprehensible or an overreaction.

As for team impact, Boyd was competing for a 2nd team spot on the depth chart at an already thin position. Unless we see a favorable resolution, this all but guarantees that true freshman Ayodele Adeoye will see early action, with Jeffrey McCulloch and Malcolm Roach getting more work inside, and hopes for contribution from Cameron Townsend.

Most of all, Longhorns fans need to hope for a healthy Gary Johnson and Anthony Wheeler.

4 minutes ago, The Golden Hat said:

Wanna bet?

That he's done at Texas? 

I think he's likely gone. I still question what type of punishment he will get from the legal system but I don't see Herman bringing back a 2nd/3rd team LBer if the accusations from the affidavit are even remotely true. 

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think he's likely gone.

And I think he's likely not. Generally getting in a fight doesn't mean you're automatically removed from a football team. It's not like he broke a girl's face at a bar in a very public fashion. That's the kind of stuff that gets you kicked off campus... most campuses that is.

Im conjuring up fight memories and trying to see whether I think 8 punches is a lot.  Kind of depends how well the punches were thrown and landed.

And it seems that those injuries are consistent with that type of car wreck as well as being punched out and probably don't support "serious bodily injury" and a felony.

It does seem to be a highly inappropriate reaction to an accidental car wreck.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 minutes ago, The Golden Hat said:

And I think he's likely not. Generally getting in a fight doesn't mean you're automatically removed from a football team. It's not like he broke a girl's face at a bar in a very public fashion. That's the kind of stuff that gets you kicked off campus... most campuses that is.

I think there's probably some context we're missing from this situation but there comes a point where excessive harm = dismissal. 

If Boyd punched the "victim" 8 times and gave him a concussion he probably needs to be gone regardless of the other context. I can agree the circumstances surrounding the entire situation are murky at best. Maybe the accusations in the affidavit are false. 

Either way, I don't see Herman bending over backwards and taking a PR hit for a guy that doesn't contribute. Maybe that's harsh but it's probably the reality. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, Horndog said:

One lawyer with the same last name at a Dallas firm has a bio that shows him as a UT grad 1983, which would be about right for a college-age son.  The bio also shows him as being a Texas Cowboy.  Don't want to post the name in case it's the wrong guy.

The video will tell all.  If it's as being described, he should be a goner.  

There's only three lawyers in Texas spelled that way and only one is in Dallas, so  . . .  . Linky if it worky

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Im conjuring up fight memories and trying to see whether I think 8 punches is a lot.  Kind of depends how well the punches were thrown and landed.

It’s a lot if you can punch worth a shit. Best street brawlers I knew could end a fight in 5 hits or less, the very best could knock a dude out in 1-3 clean shots. The high number of punches and lack of broken facial/jaw bones in the victim says everything. No wonder Boyd was a 2nd stringer. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think there's probably some context we're missing from this situation but there comes a point where excessive harm = dismissal. 

If Boyd punched the "victim" 8 times and gave him a concussion he probably needs to be gone regardless of the other context. I can agree the circumstances surrounding the entire situation are murky at best. Maybe the accusations in the affidavit are false. 

Either way, I don't see Herman bending over backwards and taking a PR hit for a guy that doesn't contribute. Maybe that's harsh but it's probably the reality. 

Eight is an oddball number.  I would have to think that level of precision comes from reviewing a video.  Someone counted.

The question then becomes whether the injuries are traceable to the punches or to the wreck and that could probably be reasonably predicted by some type of expert witness, which is going to be beyond the scope of criminal prosecution at this level.

Just now, Helobious said:

It’s a lot if you can punch worth a shit. Best street brawlers I knew could end a fight in 5 hits or less, the very best could knock a dude out in 1-3 clean shots. The high number of punches and lack of broken facial/jaw bones in the victim says everything. No wonder Boyd was a 2nd stringer. 

Also, while a victim seated in a vehicle is a stationary target, mostly, it doesn't seem to be the ideal conditions for whaling on someone.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

It’s a lot if you can punch worth a shit. Best street brawlers I knew could end a fight in 5 hits or less, the very best could knock a dude out in 1-3 clean shots. The high number of punches and lack of broken facial/jaw bones in the victim says everything. No wonder Boyd was a 2nd stringer

How many street brawlers do you know, exactly?

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And it seems that those injuries are consistent with that type of car wreck as well as being punched out and probably don't support "serious bodily injury" and a felony.

If the kid wasn't fighting back, then 8 punches is exorbitant.  This is stupidity at it's highest levels unless there was some sort of verbal provocation not yet released for public consumption.  While we should continue not to have hardened opinions until all sides are evaluated, right this second, Boyd comes across as ridiculously stupid and/or on something.  

• Like 1

This will be interesting. Herman is not Mack Brown. 

The most surprising result, to me, would be for him to be kicked off the team entirely. I'm guessing he doesn't play this season, and maybe isn't on the roster, but remains on campus. I'd bet $1 that we eventually see him on the field again unless he is involved in further incidents or more comes out about this one.

Judging by the rear of BJ's car, my guess is there is more to this story. The wet street slide has serious BS tone to me. Maybe I've seen too many kids behind the wheel doing stupid shit. Take a Jesuit/Arkie frat kid showing off in Austin and two cars with ut players...

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Sounds like Boyd's done for 

Police: Texas LB Demarco Boyd allegedly punched victim multiple times after multi-car crash

https://www.hookem.com/2018/07/27/police-texas-lb-demarco-boyd-allegedly-punched-victim-multiple-times-multi-car-crash/

Man, this suck for him.  Even if he wasn't going to be a big contributor on the field, this is going to stick with him for a while.  

Although riding around in a car is not one of those situations you can avoid, it makes TH warning about the Elliot party a bit more reasonable.  Keeping these kids out of potentially risky situations when they can ruin their eligibility must be like herding cats.  

The guy that hit them, makes you wonder if there was some shenanigans going on (road rage, following them, etc).  Seems like there's more to it than just being pissed that he got rear ended, but I'm sure that'll come out.   

21 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm game. He'll be serving jail time for this one.

People get probation for Aggravated Assault. With what we "know" and assuming he's got no priors, he'll likely get a deferred adjudication probation offer and a jail time offer. He can pick.

43 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Man, this suck for him.  Even if he wasn't going to be a big contributor on the field, this is going to stick with him for a while.  

Although riding around in a car is not one of those situations you can avoid, it makes TH warning about the Elliot party a bit more reasonable.  Keeping these kids out of potentially risky situations when they can ruin their eligibility must be like herding cats.  

The guy that hit them, makes you wonder if there was some shenanigans going on (road rage, following them, etc).  Seems like there's more to it than just being pissed that he got rear ended, but I'm sure that'll come out.   

thats the feeling i get . like there was previous shit going down .i mean you have to be a hard pipe hitting mother fucker to get out and just go off on someone . i mean you gotta know by the condition of the cars that cops, ems , fire truck are en route . i mean its just a camaro how the fuck you get that mad ? 

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I hit a very, very large cow on a dark farm road doing at least 60mph.  Utterly destroyed the vehicle I was driving.

Airbag gave me a nice pop but I had no visible injuries whatsoever.

Don't know anything about the jeep that dude was driving, but it's possible to smash into something and not getting anything but an airbag burn.

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

I hit a very, very large cow on a dark farm road doing at least 60mph.  Utterly Udderly destroyed the vehicle I was driving.

Airbag gave me a nice pop but I had no visible injuries whatsoever.

Don't know anything about the jeep that dude was driving, but it's possible to smash into something and not getting anything but an airbag burn.

FIFY

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Golden Hat said:

Oh, so OU is our standard now.  Truth is if Texas has to depend on Boyd playing meaningful minutes this season we are already fucked.  

So, video shows defendant exiting his vehicle following a collision caused by witness, followed by an altercation between defendant and witness with video showing the defendant at the driver's window of witness's vehicle. We don't yet know if they got out of the car and fought, or what - much remains to be seen. Good thing I got that antique corn popper working.

this shituation ain't happened on accident, my honor. see, the motherfucker not just a shit driver, he stoopid. That wan't an accident, that was negglegent.

first, he wreck my brother's car. then he wreck my girlfriend's car.

then, when i go tell him motherfucker, you best have some good insurance, he say get out my face nigger.

I don't remember what happened after that.

• Machinator changed the title to Demarco Boyd charged with misdemeanor assault, suspended from team activities, has left the team