Russia

Pancho

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

i have a dipshit brother who thinks russia and putin are our friends. i wonder the fuck why? these idiots are oblivious that their "news" is controlled by russia. that's why Reps don't really care about doing good for the country. they just want the country to burn, which is exactly what Putin wants.

Qanon in-law has been trying to claim that "we just don't understand Putin, and he's not like other Russian leaders" and when I ask her what makes him different and what his plan is, she goes into "do your own research mode".

And as has been shown frequently, "do your own research" is shorthand for "I'm too stupid to understand what I'm saying" or "I'm too embarrassed to try and back up what I'm saying".

Or both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Well, the answer to that is both.  And the bigger answer to that is Russia made it easy and served it to both on a platter.  Are you forgetting/denying the sitting President's son's actions in Ukraine for the past 10 years or so?  That shit is documented, and goes well into the Ukrainian corruption department and into Russian interference.  

I'll leave it at that.   

Bringing this to the CR:

Can you elaborate on what you're specifically talking about here? There's at least a dozen different GOP narratives used to equivocate Biden and Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Captainant said:

Bringing this to the CR:

Can you elaborate on what you're specifically talking about here? There's at least a dozen different GOP narratives used to equivocate Biden and Trump.

Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani said so. So it must be true. They didn’t say that until Biden announced his candidacy for presidency, but that doesn’t matter.

Joe should give Hunter an office in the White House, a budget, a staff, a Top Secret security clearance, a title of “Special Advisor to the President,” make him a shadow Secretary of State, and watch the heads explode on all the people who had no problem with Jared Kushner getting the same. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

If (and it seems more and more like "when") this goes down I'm going to be fascinated to hear the Fox News/OAN approach to all of this.  Because I'm simultaneously hearing hot takes from MAGA idiots that this conflict is proof "Biden is weak" and "Putin never would have done this if Trump were in office" while also hearing how US is instigating the conflict, Russia is reasonable, etc. etc..   From what I can gather the actual politicians on the left and right are pretty aligned here but alignment doesn't play well on Fox News so I'm curious what angle they are going to take.  And whether spineless R's and the Senate (and some of the idiots on the left) can actually become Team America for a few months (I have my doubts).

And from the "Biden is weak" crowd, I don't think I know with any certainty what Trump would do in this situation but am I wrong to think better than 50/50 he would have given Putin exactly what he wants which is a public statement that NATO membership for Ukraine is absolutely off the table? And probably extend that statement beyond Ukraine if Putin demanded?  I think he absolutely would have done that and pat himself on the back when Russia draws down as a short term "W" only to further embolden Putin to fuck with someone else.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Skipper said:

If (and it seems more and more like "when") this goes down I'm going to be fascinated to hear the Fox News/OAN approach to all of this.  Because I'm simultaneously hearing hot takes from MAGA idiots that this conflict is proof "Biden is weak" and "Putin never would have done this if Trump were in office" while also hearing how US is instigating the conflict, Russia is reasonable, etc. etc..   From what I can gather the actual politicians on the left and right are pretty aligned here but alignment doesn't play well on Fox News so I'm curious what angle they are going to take.  And whether spineless R's and the Senate (and some of the idiots on the left) can actually become Team America for a few months (I have my doubts).

And from the "Biden is weak" crowd, I don't think I know with any certainty what Trump would do in this situation but am I wrong to think better than 50/50 he would have given Putin exactly what he wants which is a public statement that NATO membership for Ukraine is absolutely off the table? And probably extend that statement beyond Ukraine if Putin demanded?  I think he absolutely would have done that and pat himself on the back when Russia draws down as a short term "W" only to further embolden Putin to fuck with someone else.

Seems you have a pretty good handle on it. And your doubts about Rs becoming “Team America” are well founded. They abandoned that option long ago. 

44 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Trump absolutely positively would not have moved US troops into Poland. He wanted to bring our troops home from Germany and S. Korea, break up NATO, and let Putin do whatever the fuck he wanted. He also wouldn’t lift a finger to save Zelensky, who didn’t cow to Trump’s extortion attempt, unless Congress forced him to. He’d say “America first!” and that it’s none of our business. And everybody’s ripping us off. And that he doesn’t trust our intelligence agencies, he trusts what Putin says. And that he knows more than the generals do. And it’s all Hillary Clintons fault. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

If (and it seems more and more like "when") this goes down I'm going to be fascinated to hear the Fox News/OAN approach to all of this. 

Let me take a stab at this one ......they will come up with completely nonsensical talking points riddled with logical inconsistencies, everybody in the GQP will repeat in unison with fingers in their ears, and when finally forced to explain said logical inconsistencies, they will force Rudy G to go on live TV  and fuck a donkey with Hillary spray-painted on its flanks in hopes that the country will move onto a new topic.

Who is Rudy Giuliani and what is his role in impeaching the president? |  The Week UK

And this approach will largely work.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

If (and it seems more and more like "when") this goes down I'm going to be fascinated to hear the Fox News/OAN approach to all of this.  Because I'm simultaneously hearing hot takes from MAGA idiots that this conflict is proof "Biden is weak" and "Putin never would have done this if Trump were in office" while also hearing how US is instigating the conflict, Russia is reasonable, etc. etc..   

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Let me take a stab at this one ......they will come up with completely nonsensical talking points riddled with logical inconsistencies, everybody in the GQP will repeat in unison with fingers in their ears,

Today's Republican Party would have sided with the British during the American Revolution.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Biden surrendered Afghanistan, he surrenders eastern europe... he'll be surrendering Taiwan.. He's the surrenderer in Chief. The man and his administration are jello in the hands of tyrants. Absolutely zero strategic sense.

Remember when one middle eastern country took over another middle eastern country and the world kicked that invader out? And it was celebrated... the west are pussies now.. thank you liberals.

Y'all Texans who are liberals in the mold of california and new york should really reconsider your world views and possibly leave this msg board, this state, and yes, even this country. disgraceful.

• Fuck You 23

20 hours ago, Bravo said:

FYI the Cadets from VMI just smoked #19 in baseball. Last weekend I saw a cadet smoke one off a stone wall to center in a intra squad game. Today same kid smoked some ropes vs Duke. Y'all dont get it.

We get that you smoke.  

22 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Biden surrendered Afghanistan, he surrenders eastern europe... he'll be surrendering Taiwan.. He's the surrenderer in Chief. The man and his administration are jello in the hands of tyrants. Absolutely zero strategic sense.

Remember when one middle eastern country took over another middle eastern country and the world kicked that invader out? And it was celebrated... the west are pussies now.. thank you liberals.

Y'all Texans who are liberals in the mold of california and new york should really reconsider your world views and possibly leave this msg board, this state, and yes, even this country. disgraceful.

super weird take.

• Haha 2

Holy. Shit. That. Is. Rich!

Hey ChickenNuggets go troll some other site.6e41ab515896034ebc41a3d8c3723a95.jpg
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ChickenNuggets said:

One of the more obvious troll posts here in awhile.

Like melanie says if you foolishly pay the whore, be better.

FYI the Cadets from VMI just smoked #19 in baseball. Last weekend I saw a cadet smoke one off a stone wall to center in a intra squad game. Today same kid smoked some ropes vs Duke. Y'all dont get it.

One can usually spot the person in the room who read the pamphlet "How to Speak Like a Valley Girl For Jocks."

8 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Lemme improve upon your post, Comrade… 

image.gif.d410272e5e280108cd5284b6fc489326.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

It's hard to believe some people are this fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's hard to believe some people are this fucking stupid. 

And forgetful....

President Donald Trump's retreat from northeastern Syria has proven disastrous for the US's Kurdish allies in the region and shaken global faith in the US's credibility. The decision has opened the door to the resurgence of ISIS, it handed Russia a major geopolitical victory, and it's catalyzed a humanitarian crisis in Syria. Trump's move has had virtually no political or strategic benefits, which begs the question: was the president motivated by something other than the US's national interests when he pulled troops from northeastern Syria and effectively handed Turkey a win on a silver platter?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-business-ties-turkey-hotels-syria-2019-10?op=1

Al-Nusra Mercenaries in Syria Slaughter Kurdish Women and ...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

A Trump supporter uttering these words…it’s just…this simulation is too much.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Trump and his supporters are so full of shit.

Also of note, he says in that video, “Whatever happened to North Korea?” How we were about to go to war with them and now we’re getting along great. Yeah, you fucking dumbass, a war you would’ve been responsible for provoking, and “now we’re getting along great” means that you gave Kim a huge propaganda victory, got nothing in return, and N. Korea’s nuclear program rolls on unimpeded. You got pantsed on the global stage by a two-bit dictator. But you love him now. Idiot 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

The bar with our resident aggy is so low that it would be significantly more intellectually honest and respectable if they just came out and said, "Look, I don't know or care that much about what is going on across the globe. All I know is I am against whatever Biden tries to do." As it stands, there are some high-level self owns on display here. I am embarrassed and even genuinely sorry for some of y'all.

Edited by gmr548

So when does Russia begin "providing 'defensive' military support for the newly recognized DPR and LPR" (i.e., the invasion)?  Furk.

KYIV — Ukraine’s former defence minister Andriy Zagorodnyuk said any attempt by Russia to expand the territory controlled by pro-Moscow separatists would mean a full-scale war with Ukraine.

The historic borders of Luhansk and Donetsk regions are much larger than the exiting pro-Moscow-run areas. Key Ukrainian cities include the port city of Mariupol, Kramatorsk- where Ukraine’s army has its eastern HQ - and numerous villages.

“Those regions are regular towns where people live regular lives. Any attempt to occupy those areas would be direct violent aggression by Russia onto Ukraine. There would be war,” Zagorodnyuk said. He added: “There would some attacks, resistance, deaths, casualties, losses. And there would be trials against Putin as a war criminal.

He continued: “Ukraine has lots of weapons there and Ukraine is not going to give it up just like that. Why the hell should we? It’s like someone comes to UK and says ‘Now I think this town should belong to France’. Obviously it’s going to be a very nasty process, dramatic and tragic.

“The legal consequences of that are exactly as if the Russian go to Kyiv. it’s the same territory of the same sovereign state.”

Reuters is saying that Vladimir Putin spoke to German chancellor Olaf Scholz and French president Emmanuel Macron and told them he will be signing on the eastern Ukraine regions, Donetsk People’s Republic and Luhansk People’s Republic, shortly.

Ukraine crisis live: Kyiv says Russian claims of five killed in border incursion are ‘fake news’ | World news | The Guardian

3 hours ago, Gap03 said:

So when does Russia begin "providing 'defensive' military support for the newly recognized DPR and LPR" (i.e., the invasion)?  Furk.

Ukraine crisis live: Kyiv says Russian claims of five killed in border incursion are ‘fake news’ | World news | The Guardian

Correct answer:  about 3 hours ...

• Rage+1 1