Russia

Pancho

57 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And Russia has done such a good job with misinformation and propaganda that half this country actually wants us to get involved in this war….on Russia’s side.

Russians are the greatest chess players the world has ever seen. They can start the match with their K and Q, 3 pawns, a bishop, and a rook…and utterly pants you. They’ve got the West pantsed and bent over a barrel right now, and half the US is gleefully cheering for the moment of penetration. Fucking amazing. If the stakes didn’t matter, I’d be giving Putin a standing ovation.

This.  We suck at the long game.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Saw that earlier. Lots of movement near the border. Heavy SAM's and rocket systems. 

So for the board, how does Putin walk away from this and save face? 

stage a really huge war game and claim that's all he was doing.

If Russia is so fucking good at Chess how would you explain their long game of shrinking the USSR so effectively? 

Now if you want to say the US is war weary because of our Iraq mis-adventure, and the endless occupation of Afghanistan you would be right?  But Biden knows weakness invites more aggression.  The reality is also that bushing an aggressive stance is probably good politically for Biden.

The long game question to me is does Putin want to risk it?  He knows he can take the land.  To be honest he already got the primary security access he wanted by taking the Peninsula.  It's more an ego thing to me than a strategic thing at this point in the decision making process.

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The UK is trash. They chose a different mechanism than Germany, but the same result: they’re a vassal state of Russia because they’re not willing to endure the pain that separating from Russian goodies would cause.

Germany and the UK are vassals. France is irrelevant. And Russia has done such a good job with misinformation and propaganda that half this country actually wants us to get involved in this war….on Russia’s side.

Russians are the greatest chess players the world has ever seen. They can start the match with their K and Q, 3 pawns, a bishop, and a rook…and utterly pants you. They’ve got the West pantsed and bent over a barrel right now, and half the US is gleefully cheering for the moment of penetration. Fucking amazing. If the stakes didn’t matter, I’d be giving Putin a standing ovation.

Who the fuck wants us to get involved on Russia’s side? That’s just nonsense. 

• Fuck You 1

On 2/12/2022 at 9:47 AM, Brisketexan said:

Germany and the UK are vassals. France is irrelevant. And Russia has done such a good job with misinformation and propaganda that half this country actually wants us to get involved in this war….on Russia’s side.

They’ve got the West pantsed and bent over a barrel right now, and half the US is gleefully cheering for the moment of penetration. Fucking amazing. 

Still waiting to hear an explanation for these two statements. Half of the US wants Russia to invade Ukraine and wants us to get involved on their side? Really? This is one of the most delusional posts ever on this forum. Amazing. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Still waiting to hear an explanation for these two statements. Half of the US wants Russia to invade Ukraine and wants us to get involved on their side? Really? This is one of the most delusional posts ever on this forum. Amazing. 

Yeah bizzare rant for sure. 

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

13 minutes ago, Caponata said:

Yeah bizzare rant for sure. 

What's truly bizarre is your thinking that you're fooling anyone with these two accounts, GRUhorn.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

What's truly bizarre is your thinking that you're fooling anyone with these two accounts, GRUhorn.

@hayden_horn IP check please. Yall let people run wild with these kinds of things when you could easily nip it all in the bud, but for some reason don't.  I think that y'all need some bandwidth help. 

Edited by Anastasis

21 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

@hayden_horn IP check please. Yall let people run wild with these kinds of things when you could easily nip it all in the bud, but for some reason don't.  I think that y'all need some bandwidth help. 

How is that going to work exactly when he could very well post from one account on his laptop and with the other from his phone or if he has a VPN? His pattern has been to keep two accounts going at the same time. Hayden, if you're going to bother, check it against GRHorn and Satoshi as well. There was another, but I can't remember the handle.

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don’t know what the fuck these people are talking about. It’s just a cognitive dissonance thing. There can’t be this many people that disagree with me and so on. 

But still no response from Brisket’s delusional ass. Muh Russia.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

How is that going to work exactly when he could very well post from one account on his laptop and with the other from his phone or if he has a VPN? His pattern has been to keep two accounts going at the same time. Hayden, if you're going to bother, check it against GRHorn and Satoshi as well. There was another, but I can't remember the handle.

Exactly. This guy keeps getting banned and no doubt has multiple accounts here spouting out Russian talking points bullshit. Claims he’s from San Antonio but prefers shopping at Wal mart to HEB. He’s a total fraud and him and his socks should be banned permanently for spamming this board with total bullshit. 

13 minutes ago, Bravo said:

BTW no way this is happening with Trump as prez. World leaders were afraid of his ass. Maybe they thought him unstable or more Reagan like but this shit would not happen of happened with Trump. Putin saw our horrible withdrawal from Afghanistan and said OK i have a bitch. It's true. It is that simple. Russians respond to strength or weakness.

World leaders were wary of him because they believed him to be insane.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

If you’re on the right team, you can say whatever the fuck you want, no questions asked. Moose out front and all that. 

Awwww poor widdle victim! He's so persecuted he can't shitpost on a message board without getting shit talked back! Facts hurt his feeeeweeeeings 😭😭

Fuck outta here that thinking the wrong thing gets you banned. Being a fucking troll that spreads antivax disinformation is what gets you banned.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Bravo said:

BTW no way this is happening with Trump as prez. World leaders were afraid of his ass. Maybe they thought him unstable or more Reagan like but this shit would not happen of happened with Trump. Putin saw our horrible withdrawal from Afghanistan and said OK i have a bitch. It's true. It is that simple. Russians respond to strength or weakness.

Trump would have been all "you want Ukraine?  Yeah, sure, no problem, just make sure and send me a copy of Hunter's hard drive."

33 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Awwww poor widdle victim! He's so persecuted he can't shitpost on a message board without getting shit talked back! Facts hurt his feeeeweeeeings 😭😭

Fuck outta here that thinking the wrong thing gets you banned. Being a fucking troll that spreads antivax disinformation is what gets you banned.

You can read better than that. I said as long as you’re the right poster/team, you can type any kind of hyperbolic bullshit and you won’t be questioned on it. 

Half this country wants to be involved…on Russia’s side?  Fuck outta here with that bullshit. It is hyperbolic nonsense, that many other posters would have been laughed out the fucking room posting that sort of tripe. 

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Yep, I am a troll. BTW Those kids are built different from us. My boy made it through fresh 1st semester. 25% dropped out. They thought they had it. Kids coming out of VMI will be amazing people. Y'all have no clue what my boy went through. The libs will make fun of them though. They're all Trump kids. Like All of them. 

20220214_021924.thumb.jpg.bbf62bdb29a186954ea80c21ce054cbb.jpg

Helluva an experience those kids go through on the rat line. Know several guys who graduated from there over the years.

5 hours ago, Bravo said:

It is not a coincidence this blew up after Trump left and the horrible bitch ass withdrawal we did. Every geo-political analysist at the time said the withdrawal has damaged the US more than Vietnam. Putin saw weakness and now has moved Queen into it for check. Lets see how the bitch ass west responds.

Good Gawd man, the whole world is not Team Trump Team Biden.

It was not Trump leaving/Biden arriving that changed the situation , it was Angela Merkel stepping down. Some pundits here in the States were claiming her departure was not going to be a big deal, but Merkel, while not stellar, could usually bring everyone around in some semblance of a circle to tone down the aggression.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
clarification
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bravo said:

Oh yeah? I edited out his face because you don't deserve to see it. He is a hero. Fuck you. 

20220212_124144.thumb.jpg.3397ab8060183fe6f05ea7b43139ae8a.jpg

What are you going on about? This is the post he posted the laughing green guy for, and unless I'm missing something, the laughing gif was in response to the idea that Donald would be stopping Putin in his tracks, not anything about VMI 

8 hours ago, Bravo said:

14 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

What are you going on about? This is the post he posted the laughing green guy for, and unless I'm missing something, the laughing gif was in response to the idea that Donald would be stopping Putin in his tracks, not anything about VMI 

Doesn't matter regardless and is off topic. In addition, in making his BTW post, he neglects to mention that the in state/out of state tuition costs for both VMI and W&L are somewhat comparable and both are majority white with VMI obviously skewing overwhelmingly male as well. What a surprise. I have no quarrel with the schools if that is the experience a student desires, but it doesn't really belong in this thread.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Doesn't matter regardless and is off topic. In addition, in making his BTW post, he neglects to mention that the in state/out of state tuition costs for both VMI and W&L are somewhat comparable and both are majority white with VMI obviously skewing overwhelmingly male as well. What a surprise. I have no quarrel with the schools if that is the experience a student desires, but it doesn't really belong in this thread.

W&L is like $65k or more in state based on what I’ve heard from folks.  As it’s private I don’t know what out of state tuition would be.

VMI is about $25k + or - in state I guess, and out of state would be around $45k probably.  All Va. state schools are about the same tuition rates. 

W&L is gonna be a good bit more regardless of in or out of state tuition rates.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Sir, this is an Arby’s not a Subway, and while we are all happy your buddy’s son or whatever loves a fucking draft dodger who shit on Gold Star families and Vietnam heroes, do acknowledge that Trump was constantly getting played by whatever world leader he last talked to.  

image.thumb.png.ba907ac51f94c556573f4a4bbbf450c2.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bravo said:

It wouldn't have happened under Trump, most likely, because Putin didn't want to fuck with Trump.  Not that he was afraid of Trump, but that he didn't want to cause him problems.

A big part of this is to fuck with Biden, and with the west more generally.

• Like 2

Just now, wildcat09 said:

It wouldn't have happened under Trump because Trump would've just said we're leaving NATO.

Or some such insanity.  And, he probably wouldn't have followed through.

I find it funny that BIden is accused of weakness for pulling out of Afghanistan.  Trump talked about it for four years and did jack shit, leaving the date for the next administration.

The pullout would have been some form of shitshow regardless.  That Biden actually did it is a sign of decisiveness.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It wouldn't have happened under Trump, most likely, because Putin didn't want to fuck with Trump.  Not that he was afraid of Trump, but that he didn't want to cause him problems.

A big part of this is to fuck with Biden, and with the west more generally.

Yep.  When you're getting everything you want, you don't fuck up a good thing.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Or some such insanity.  And, he probably wouldn't have followed through.

I find it funny that BIden is accused of weakness for pulling out of Afghanistan.  Trump talked about it for four years and did jack shit, leaving the date for the next administration.

The pullout would have been some form of shitshow regardless.  That Biden actually did it is a sign of decisiveness.

Yeah, Trump planned to pullout in May and his loyalists screamed when Biden delayed the pullout for a few months. Anyone with any sense knew the country would immediately fall back into the hands of the Taliban whenever we left. Trump didn’t help things by trying to make a deal with the Taliban based on the premise that we want to get out. Some deal maker. That gave the U.S. no leverage and the Taliban could just sit back, smile and nod, and start planning who to pay off and who to kill so their takeover could be as swift as possible when the time came.

I posted before that I would’ve been fine with Trump pulling troops out of Afghanistan during his administration. That way he could own the inevitable mess. But he left the mess for the next guy. Sort of like how Dubya’s failure to get a status of forces agreement with the Iraqis done to keep troops there left Obama holding the bag when it came time to pullout. That was Bush’s deal but everyone on the right gave Obama shit for following Bush’s policy when not to have done so would’ve amounted to a second invasion of the country.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, Trump planned to pullout in May and his loyalists screamed when Biden delayed the pullout for a few months. Anyone with any sense knew the country would immediately fall back into the hands of the Taliban whenever we left. Trump didn’t help things by trying to make a deal with the Taliban based on the premise that we want to get out. Some deal maker. That gave the U.S. no leverage and the Taliban could just sit back, smile and nod, and start planning who to pay off and who to kill so their takeover could be as swift as possible when the time came.

I posted before that I would’ve been fine with Trump pulling troops out of Afghanistan during his administration. That way he could own the inevitable mess. But he left the mess for the next guy. Sort of like how Dubya’s failure to get a status of forces agreement with the Iraqis done to keep troops there left Obama holding the bag when it came time to pullout. That was Bush’s deal but everyone on the right gave Obama shit for following Bush’s policy when not to have done so would’ve amounted to a second invasion of the country.

Not to mention the shit show that lame duck, Big Daddy Bush left Clinton in Somalia when he sent troops there one month *after* losing the 1992 election.

• Like 1