CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

12 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

How long are they going to let Pittman suffer , he's deadman walking 

Arky AD needs to sit down with Pittman and renegotiate a lower payout over a longer period of time.  Let Pittman walk out at end of season with fans thankful that he stepped aside gracefully while saving their university money...   Sam could call it early retirement.  

13 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

How long are they going to let Pittman suffer , he's deadman walking 

I think it goes down the 25th. If you don't have someone pencil to paper ready to go I think it's better for your program to let the coach finish the year out. Most coaches you are looking at aren't going to talk to you until then anyway. Make it easier for everyone.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

Odds out yet on Jimbo's next job? I'd put just about anything on  WVU already reaching out. Firing Neal Brown and hiring the native son would be about the only thing the admin can do to save jobs at this point after the disastrous last year.

Edited by ITHorn

6 hours ago, ITHorn said:

Odds out yet on Jimbo's next job? I'd put just about anything on  WVU already reaching out. Firing Neal Brown and hiring the native son would be about the only thing the admin can do to save jobs at this point after the disastrous last year.

If Neal Brown gets wins vs Cincy and @baylor he's most likely safe with an 8-4 record.  

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

If Neal Brown gets wins vs Cincy and @baylor he's most likely safe with an 8-4 record.  

Dana finished 8-4 and had a third place finish in his last year at WVU. It is very likely they will have gone an entire season without beating a team who wins more than 6 games. That would be about as bad of an 8-4 as you could possibly have. 

7 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

Dana finished 8-4 and had a third place finish in his last year at WVU. It is very likely they will have gone an entire season without beating a team who wins more than 6 games. That would be about as bad of an 8-4 as you could possibly have. 

WVU is completely broke. Unless some mystery booster who hasn't stepped up while the school has had to gut its academic departments to stay solvent steps up, they're not firing an 8-4 coach.

Arky AD needs to sit down with Pittman and renegotiate a lower payout over a longer period of time.  Let Pittman walk out at end of season with fans thankful that he stepped aside gracefully while saving their university money...   Sam could call it early retirement.  

Pittman is pathetic in his press conferences. The Florida win gave him the full buyout on his contract but it does have full mitigation so he has to get a job if he wants the full contract. AD can negotiate a reduction to let him retire for good and be the first coach to leave with some goodwill with the fans since like Ken Hatfield. He was planning to retire in a year when he was hired.

1 hour ago, ITHorn said:

Only 1 bad loss (UH) -- win last two and finish 8-4  and Neal Brown should be back in 2024. 

Screenshot_20231115-081102_kindlephoto-4582751.png.bec716f5c94ec4a6f78c3ff50c65efd7.png

Sam Pittman: "I'm not worried about my job security at all."

Pittman has the Razorbacks at 3-7 heading into the final two games of the regular season.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sam-pittman-im-not-worried-about-my-job-security-at-all

---------------------------------------

Pitt AD provides statement as worst season of Pat Narduzzi's tenure continues to unfold

“This season is not up to Coach Narduzzi’s or Pitt’s standards,” athletic director Heather Lyke shared in a statement to the Post-Gazette. 

“He has raised the bar on expectations for our program with an ACC championship and Top 25 finishes the past two years. With the onset of the offseason, we will work together to thoroughly evaluate each aspect of our program, on and off the field, so that we can begin competing for ACC titles again.”

Narduzzi signed a contract extension back in March of 2022 that took him through the 2030 season. Financial terms of that deal have not been disclosed by the school.

https://footballscoop.com/news/pitt-ad-provides-statement-after-worst-season-of-pat-narduzzis-tenure

I went to CoogFans to see what they were talking about re: Dana sticking around. I don't recommend the site.

One of the regulars knows a guy who knows a guy who says Dana is done after this season.

That's not what I've come to share with you, however. While I was there I decided to look at some of their gripes about our game, and they did not disappoint. Lots of incoherent rage, but my favorite thing was this AI generated image:

7fe4496accae82a4310689efccf3995c110e7b47

Other than the four nose holes, it's a work of art. I can't wait to post it after the ISU game when the clones start to bitch about the calls. Because you know they will. 

• Haha 2

On 11/16/2023 at 3:54 PM, Park Gothic said:

I went to CoogFans to see what they were talking about re: Dana sticking around. I don't recommend the site.

One of the regulars knows a guy who knows a guy who says Dana is done after this season.

He’s so gone 

What a drunk embarrassment 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

No one at UH is paying 20M+ to get rid of Holgerson 1st year in BigXII. Fertitta certainly isn't.

https://www.papercitymag.com/culture/tilman-fertitta-expects-houston-football-coach-dana-holgorsen-return-second-big-12-season/

Holgo's current recruiting class is a joke. 

Just seems like cougar high would be able to dig up enough dirt to fire Holgo for bad behavior... work out some type of settlement lower than his $18mill buyout??

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/how-much-dana-holgorsen-s-contract-buyout-houston-hc-s-salary-future-cfb-explored

Edited by LTtxfan

• Myers Hendrickson is out at Western Illinois after just two seasons atop the Leathernecks program.
  • Chris Ball will not return as the head coach at Northern Arizona, sources confirmed to FootballScoop on Monday.
  • Scott Power has been reportedly been fired as Louisiana Tech's defensive coordinator.

On 11/16/2023 at 3:54 PM, Park Gothic said:

That's not what I've come to share with you, however. While I was there I decided to look at some of their gripes about our game, and they did not disappoint. Lots of incoherent rage, but my favorite thing was this AI generated image:

7fe4496accae82a4310689efccf3995c110e7b47

Other than the four nose holes, it's a work of art. I can't wait to post it after the ISU game when the clones start to bitch about the calls. Because you know they will. 

is it just me or is that mascot hung?

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 11/19/2023 at 10:35 AM, texifornia said:

....but why

On 11/19/2023 at 10:10 AM, Radical Larry said:

That's what I don't understand.  He should get credit for bringing the program back from the absolute bottom but the upside on him in any season is 6/7 wins and the downside is 2-10.  If they keep him another year, they'll be about back where they were in the first place.  He's a good guy but not a good HC at all.

On 11/19/2023 at 10:10 AM, Radical Larry said:

Following up on this, I looked at their schedule for next season.  Lotsa losses.  6-7 guaranteed conference losses.  Okie State is wildly erratic year to year so they could lose that, as well.  Bringing Pittman back just to go 4-8.  At this point, they're just not serious about football, which is fine.  They're good at almost every single sports except football so maybe the money there has finally come to accept that tackle football just isn't their thing.  

The 2024 Arkansas Razorbacks Schedule:

• Aug. 31 – UAPB (Little Rock)
  • Sept. 7 – Oklahoma State
  • Sept. 14 – UAB
  • Nov. 23 – Louisiana Tech
  • LSU (Fayetteville)
  • Ole Miss (Fayetteville)
  • Tennessee (Fayetteville)
  • Texas (Fayetteville)
  • Auburn
  • Mississippi State
  • Missouri