Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I almost responded to his latest stupid tweet, but had to stop myself.  I don't think I'm gonna last long on twitter.

Crowd source your replies on Surly. I’m sure there are plenty who can help you thread the needle between banning and bopping Ted on the nose with a clap back 

On 1/30/2021 at 4:20 PM, Bama Chick said:

More on his campaign buying his own books.

Follow up tweet states the campaign’s latest FEC filing shows no offsetting charitable donations.

Wasn’t Jim Wright driven out of Congress for doing something similar?

Attorneys for Southwest Texas State University and the National Assn. of Realtors said today that they have received subpoenas for records related to the purchase of Wright’s book after speeches to their organizations by the former congressional leader.

Resigned in June

Wright, a Texas Democrat, resigned in June after a yearlong House Ethics Committee investigation that led to a finding that he improperly accepted gifts and sought to evade House limits on outside income through bulk sales of the book

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-08-08-mn-328-story.html

Yeah, politicians buy mass amounts of their own books all the time.  They do this to give them away at events, fundraisers, etc.  I dealt with this all the time at our book festival because of how many elected officials we had present at it.  They have to buy directly from the publisher and then have an off-set to match it.  If you've been to a fundraiser or something similar and they pass out 100 copies of a $29.95 hardback, they can't really claim they gave out $3k in gifts or in-kind contributions.  Likewise, many times you'll see a donor host "buy" the 100 copies and then give them out on behalf of the campaign to attendees.  But they also go through the publisher, they don't get to "deduct" $3k for the books.  I mean, they could, but it's inviting a lot of tax scrutiny.  Ted's a lot of things, most of 'em bad.  But stupid isn't one of them.  But looks like he was being stupid here.  Conveniently spending $150k at an online bookstore the month after his own book came out during an election year.  Yeah, not a good look Ted.  

Heading out to the Senate parking garage to warm up his IROC-Q and crank up some Nickelback.  Maybe pick up Heidi from the Mossimo store at the mall later.  

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Impeach this motherfucker for this hair crime

uYMfP9E.png

"and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Barbers, or other Hair Crimes and Mess Demeanors."  And also, Mullets. 

His fucking haircut is the perfect analogy for what he and others did to a party I used to associate with from time to time.  Like a fucking El Camino, they ride in looking all full of business 'n beards.  Then by the time you get a look in the back it's all idiotic redneck shitbreads looking to fuck shit up.

Edited by Lobo

Like when she said of the impeachment that they should give Trump a break? She’s just covering all her bases.
And the thing is, there's nothing brave about it. She's not going on record ads actually having to vote. Just making measured statements. Such a piece of shit.

11 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
12 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
I'll start hitting you up. Realized who you are from the old old site just now.

Also figures as there are like 8 cool chicks on ut sports based message boards

like three of them are hitby socks and three of what’s left are Bevoette, tigolbiddies, and whatever wix is calling herself these days. 

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:
On 2/11/2021 at 7:46 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
Can we get my tweet to go viral?  Fuck Ted Cruz.  I think it’s time to start a TCK5H.

913C0FC7-B31C-4E11-B208-7F17A4927721.thumb.png.cec20c0f83b935ffb3263f0bc937bc26.png

I'll start hitting you up. Realized who you are from the old old site just now.

I thought it was a well known fact who I was from the old site.  LOL.

• Haha 1

It really shows how much imagination and inspiration the GOP lacks. I mean this guy had been working towards being president since he was a teenager, and the best legacy he come up with is reversing what the black guy did.

You want to know why I left the GOP? Well, there are lots of reasons... but this is why I don't see myself ever going back.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s an even worse looking mullet than Mike Gundy’s.

Except Mike Gundy is "A MAN!"  I don't like Mike, but he's a man...I have no doubt he'd get into fisticuffs if somebody said one word publicly about Kristen Gundy.  Meanwhile, Ted's rocking the mullet just waiting for somebody else to insult his wife so he run their exploratory committee.  Plus, Heidi's a half a whore with a serious drinking problem but of course...we wouldn't know anything about that...would we, Ted?  

1 hour ago, tchookem said:

It really shows how much imagination and inspiration the GOP lacks. I mean this guy had been working towards being president since he was a teenager, and the best legacy he come up with is reversing what the black guy did.

You want to know why I left the GOP? Well, there are lots of reasons... but this is why I don't see myself ever going back.

I mean, they’ve shown they don’t actually have any interest in governing. It’s just about individual power for that entire party.  It’s about grifting. They are not serious people. They need to be destroyed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I mean, they’ve shown they don’t actually have any interest in governing. It’s just about individual power for that entire party.  It’s about grifting. They are not serious people. They need to be destroyed. 
A few years ago, a friend was in a rut, and despite making a good living, was looking to make a change. He called to ask my advice about getting into education. I asked him what subject he'd be interested in... no idea. I asked him if there was a age/grade he wanted to work with... no clue. Basically he was looking for the quickest way to become a principal or administrator because teaching wouldn't pay well enough.

I realized that what he really wanted was to be well paid for being important. Putting in the time was never a consideration. Paying dues was for suckers. Competence was an afterthought. He had no clue how much of those things a good principal has to do ( @Larry T. Spider knows what I'm talking about). I told my friend that it didn't sound like he really thought it through, and that didn't sound like wanted to be a decent educator. He argued that if he got hired, that meant he was decent enough. The call ended with me telling him to go fuck himself.

I've since realized that this is what drives too many Republicans. They want to be well paid for being important. Needless to say, he constantly white knights for any and all Republicans (including Ted Cruz).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tchookem said:

A few years ago, a friend was in a rut, and despite making a good living, was looking to make a change. He called to ask my advice about getting into education. I asked him what subject he'd be interested in... no idea. I asked him if there was a age/grade he wanted to work with... no clue. Basically he was looking for the quickest way to become a principal or administrator because teaching wouldn't pay well enough.

I realized that what he really wanted was to be well paid for being important. Putting in the time was never a consideration. Paying dues was for suckers. Competence was an afterthought. He had no clue how much of those things a good principal has to do ( @Larry T. Spider knows what I'm talking about). I told my friend that it didn't sound like he really thought it through, and that didn't sound like wanted to be a decent educator. He argued that if he got hired, that meant he was decent enough. The call ended with me telling him to go fuck himself.

I've since realized that this is what drives too many Republicans. They want to be well paid for being important. Needless to say, he constantly white knights for any and all Republicans (including Ted Cruz).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

This bit about Haley & her staff laughing at @tedcruz ... it's just amazing how many people hate that guy.

This is what I don't get about him wanting to run for President -- it seems that literally no one likes him, but he's going to run for President.  Even when he's getting dragged on twitter, there are very, very few people defending him.  

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is what I don't get about him wanting to run for President -- it seems that literally no one likes him, but he's going to run for President.  Even when he's getting dragged on twitter, there are very, very few people defending him.  

That's because he has the GOP mindset that he has a divine right to be President, whether the people like him (and his policies) or not. 

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I know a handful of people who’ve had interactions with him, and they all say that he comes off as an unlikeable dick.

I've had zero personal interactions with him, and yet I think he's an unlikeable dick

Image result for ted cruz booger gif

Image result for ted cruz fiorina gif

Image result for ted cruz gif

• Haha 1