The Wizard reigns eternal at Kansas State, receives new five-year deal

Machinator

it seems like KSU has no interest in making Junior their HC and I suspect that were Bill Snyder to step down, Junior would no longer be employed by KSU. Is Bill Snyder going to coach himself to the grave just so his son has a job?

17 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

it seems like KSU has no interest in making Junior their HC and I suspect that were Bill Snyder to step down, Junior would no longer be employed by KSU. Is Bill Snyder going to coach himself to the grave just so his son has a job?

How much of a putz is Junior anyway? Don't know much about him.

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Except he's doing it at Kstate who should be happy to win 6/7 games and Ferentz is stealing money from Iowa, running what should be a B1G contender...but never really is.  

But they wave at kids I hear.  A lot.   Probably too much.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

In related news, after a quick google search of Manhattan, KS, I've come to the conclusion that this local general contractor should not include his wife's picture on his website.

http://www.vanguardhomedesigns.com/service-area/manhattan-ks/

Jim-and-Katie-Hund-of-Vanguard-Home-Desi

Apparently she named her pussy macaroni  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

Easily my favorite coach outside of the UT program, and I hope we beat them stupid.

Agreed.  I hope he's in a position to pen a an appreciative letter to Sam Ehlinger thanking him for a 3 score ass beating this year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaxHorn said:

He may own the Horns on a regular basis, but he's one of the truly good guys in college football and the sport will suffer when he's gone.

At the same time, The Purple Wizard and K-State are lucky as hell they didn't play the 5 best Texas teams between 2000 - 2009.

They missed us in 2001.

They missed Vince in 2004 and 2005.

They missed a mature Colt in 2008 and 2009. (Prince there in 2008)

Hell, Colt tore up his shoulder in 2006 in the first quarter or there's a substantial likelihood we win that game.

Yeah, it's great he has performed miracles at that God forsaken, shit hole of a school. Those miracles extended to missing some great Texas teams. And if that had happened, the perception as to the Horns would be very different,

• Like 2

Part of me kind of hopes he wins the conference in like 2022 or something, plays someone like Georgia or something in the sugar bowl. Then K state wins on a last second field goal or td or whatever  and he dies on the field during the celebration 

8 hours ago, Homercles said:

How else will he hide the Depends?

Aww man..! 🤣 

But he is a game changer for the outlook on athletics at the campus in Manhattan, and has ran the program clean as far as I know, good guy all around...

21 hours ago, markstanco said:

Must disagree. He is meh. About as loud on TV as the northern Arizona coach.

Mike Leach would like to have a word with you.

I like Leach more, but he isn't a Big XII coach.  Still can't think of a coach in the conference I like more.  Holgo is entertaining, but.

15 hours ago, Native Horn said:

So it sounds like the Manhattan Taco Bell is safe for another few years at least.  

The Wiz loves him some Taco Bell...

I'd like to see the Wizard get one more shot at winning a national title before he retires, and the Wildcats likely slump back to oblivion...

I grew up in Southern California, and Taco Bell was actually pretty good in the 70s when it was a smaller local chain. That commercial shows the enchirito, a delicious California-style enchilada (red sauce and black olives are a must). It all went downhill in the 80s though. Of course, nothing will ever top Pup 'N' Taco for those of us who grew up in LA.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

At the same time, The Purple Wizard and K-State are lucky as hell they didn't play the 5 best Texas teams between 2000 - 2009.

They missed us in 2001.

They missed Vince in 2004 and 2005.

They missed a mature Colt in 2008 and 2009. (Prince there in 2008)

Hell, Colt tore up his shoulder in 2006 in the first quarter or there's a substantial likelihood we win that game.

Yeah, it's great he has performed miracles at that God forsaken, shit hole of a school. Those miracles extended to missing some great Texas teams. And if that had happened, the perception as to the Horns would be very different,

I understand what you're saying, but it shouldn't take a great Texas team to beat any K-State team.

On 8/9/2018 at 4:38 PM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

In related news, after a quick google search of Manhattan, KS, I've come to the conclusion that this local general contractor should not include his wife's picture on his website.

Jim-and-Katie-Hund-of-Vanguard-Home-Desi

Fun fact... her name is Katie. First girl I ever fingered, back in high school. Has a voice like one of those people who holds a box to their throat. She wouldn’t fuck but I dry humped her so hard my shaft started peeling. High school sucked. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Fun fact... her name is Katie. First girl I ever fingered, back in high school. Has a voice like one of those people who holds a box to their throat. She wouldn’t fuck but I dry humped her so hard my shaft started peeling. High school sucked. 

What a great story, thank you for sharing!

Was she a rebel with the contouring back then too?

11 hours ago, MaxHorn said:

I grew up in Southern California, and Taco Bell was actually pretty good in the 70s when it was a smaller local chain. That commercial shows the enchirito, a delicious California-style enchilada (red sauce and black olives are a must). It all went downhill in the 80s though. Of course, nothing will ever top Pup 'N' Taco for those of us who grew up in LA.

20+ years ago I had my 1st & last Enchirito. I shit like a goose & puked like a Kappa Sig pledge for 24 hours afterwards.

Snyder - proof you shouldn't mess with old dudes.

Love enchiritos. They don’t put olives on them any more. When I was about 12 or 13 I ate 6 of them in one sitting.

13 hours ago, Parliament said:
On 8/9/2018 at 4:38 PM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:
Jim-and-Katie-Hund-of-Vanguard-Home-Designs-in-Manhattan-KS.jpg

Read more  

Have you been to Manhattan? She's a 10 there.

So, that would make her a 15 in Ohio?

On 8/9/2018 at 7:26 PM, texifornia said:

How much of a putz is Junior anyway? Don't know much about him.

He's a hell of a special teams coach.  The common belief is that effectively runs the day to day logistics/administration of the football team at this point.  All that being said, he's never been an Offensive or Defensive Coordinator and he's never worked anywhere but KSU so it's hard to convince most KSU fans (and anyone else) that he's got the chops to follow in his dad's footsteps.

I think when Snyder goes away (death/retirement/arrested for distributing drug laced Werther's) Sean will still have a spot in the athletic program but won't be the HC.

I think Snyder clearing the boards on Coordinators this year and elevating some younger folks is an effort to develop some potential candidates outside Sean who have existing KSU ties.  The OC (Andre Coleman) played for Snyder in the early 90's.  The DC (Blake Seiler) graduated KSU in 2007.   Plus a few other KSU players sprinkled on the staff (Klein and Hickson were big names to KSU fans).

On 8/10/2018 at 9:03 PM, MaxHorn said:

And back when every TB was designed like the one in the commercial, complete with bell and all.

Pup N Taco was legit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CastHorn said:

Is Brent Venables a realistic option if the wizard ever steps down?

There are 3 schools of thought on that:

1) No - Venables did something when he was an assistant at KSU that not only was so depraved that he forfeited any future as a HC at ANY college program, but was also so super secret that no one "in the know" will share the details.  If you bring it up on a message board, people will figuratively nod their heads in acknowledgement of the deed, but then refuse to answer when asked directly.  People know more details about the Illuminati than they do about the Venables transgression of the '90s.  Common assumptions are a hardcore drug problem or sleeping with a student/the dean's wife/player.  

2) No - Venables is happy as hell being the highest paid DC in the country at Clemson and has no urge to ever sully a stellar career by wanting to be a head coach.  

3) Yes - he's on the short list of coaches KSU would want to hire as Snyder's replacement.

I would love to know what the fuck venables did to put his career where it is.  The guy is obviously a great coach so he has to have a major skeleton or two in his closet to not have a HC job at even the smallest D1 school.  Maybe he is gay or something (nttiawwt) and he worries about his ability to run a team because recruiting could be hurt by it.  As a DC he can hide behind the coach there.  I don't know, but something is definitely up with him or with something he did while at KSU.

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

I would love to know what the fuck venables did to put his career where it is.  The guy is obviously a great coach so he has to have a major skeleton or two in his closet to not have a HC job at even the smallest D1 school.  Maybe he is gay or something (nttiawwt) and he worries about his ability to run a team because recruiting could be hurt by it.  As a DC he can hide behind the coach there.  I don't know, but something is definitely up with him or with something he did while at KSU.

The information I've got through my limited sources points to a previous problem with drugs, but that he's been clean for nearly 2 decades.  

Anything beyond that is extreme speculation on my part.

But yeah, the way his career basically topped out at DC...it screams bad...like Pennsylvania Catholic priest bad.