2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

been binging mlb network all day.  two of my favorite genius insights:

from high heat with russo (nym fan) and francesa (nyy fan) on why the astros under 97.5 is a good bet:

"the bullpen's not that great"

"oh it's terrible"

and on their regular show, matt v said something to the tune of "man i'm so excited for yankees opening day.  i mean, i feel like 90% of people i run into in the hallways feel exactly like that."  but hey, at least there's no east coast bias.

Just got done watching game 5 highlights. It has to be one of the greatest sporting events of all time. Unreal back and forth swings. Altuve homerun to tie it up 7-7 brought on waterworks. Regardless of the results this season, glad to be stamped in history as the 2017 champs. Let’s go make more memoriens

4 hours ago, Southernthunder said:

Well I am officially ready. Third year in a row to watch Field Of Dreams the night before opening day. I cried. Let's get it on!

Ha, ha . . . real men watch Bull Durham. What am I saying, I cry every time too. Astros--let's get this party started.

4 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

6 months, god I love opening day. 

+1 month of games that REALLY count

and yeah, I’m glad the Yankees are the Yankees and gettIng so much attention.

this Astros team doesn’t seem like the type that needs any outside motivation, but it certainly can’t hurt 

Edited by UTexasFight