Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

Is there a law on the books for this to allow the damaged party to select the shop of their choice, and insurance pays the bill regardless?

There’s one here, but of course they will try to get off easy if they can. But as soon as you tell them - “your insured client was at fault and damaged my property/vehicle, I’m having [body shop, roofer, whomever] do the work. Here is the estimate” - then it’s all over on that part.

After that it’s proving the diminished value amount between what the wrecked car is worth, and one just like it, or as close as possible. 

2 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Is there a law on the books for this to allow the damaged party to select the shop of their choice, and insurance pays the bill regardless?

There’s one here, but of course they will try to get off easy if they can. But as soon as you tell them - “your insured client was at fault and damaged my property/vehicle, I’m having [body shop, roofer, whomever] do the work. Here is the estimate” - then it’s all over on that part.

After that it’s proving the diminished value amount between what the wrecked car is worth, and one just like it, or as close as possible. 

HOLY SHIT

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/15/2022 at 1:52 PM, brakeman said:

Obviously a fake photo.  Fucking bullshit y'all fall for.  Kashyyyk can't produce orange/pink/red flora due to the atmosphere.  Read a damn book, people! 

That's very cool. I would also love to visit Hierapolis, Turkey where you can swim in an ancient Roman pool that contains ruins dating back to 2nd century BC. Used to be pillars and such from the Temple of Apollo. Now you can  just lazily swim about with them. Crazy. 
65e7089e502ef3ea0e69ddbbaa51fa1f.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I was there back in November 2020. Had the place pretty much to myself. You can pay for the springs in the photo, or go a little downstream and use a free one. Hint: the paid one is hot. The water cools off considerably once it gets to the free pool.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I was there back in November 2020. Had the place pretty much to myself. You can pay for the springs in the photo, or go a little downstream and use a free one. Hint: the paid one is hot. The water cools off considerably once it gets to the free pool.

That's badass. I may pm you later, as my son really wants to visit Pamukkale as well. Would love to get some inside info. 

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Surprised how calm the people were with the boat tossing around in The Perfect Storm wave.

I would have been vomiting my guts out.

Even after the wave crashed through the window, the people were just walking out in an orderly fashion. Everything I expect and remember of the Germans I met.