Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

His server got hacked by Russians, that's all we know.  What Russians do with the spoils depends on a lot, not much if nothing usable exists.

Lindsey is a huge question mark right now.

He was an embarrassment. Totally unhinged and out of control. Such faux rage.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

You’re okay with them fucking over Dr. Ford and her family for politics?  Because that’s what they did.  

You're okay with the GOP ramrodding Kavanaugh through, despite demonstrable lies, under oath, to the Senate?

Because that's what they're doing.

I get it.  You've got your boy.  The GOP wins.  They always do, they always will.  And if the result is destroying the integrity and trustworthiness of our institutions, once and for all, well, that's a price worth paying for transitory power.

Enjoy your victory lap -- for the record, I never doubted that you'd get it, or that you'd take it.

When a woman in your family is sexually assaulted -- and one will be, the numbers don't lie -- she'll remember how people who speak out get treated.  So, rest easy -- you'll never even have to hear about it!  She'll just swallow it, and carry it with her to her grave!  But what's important her is that YOUR TEAM WON!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm still waiting to be wrong about how bad this shit is.  This is exactly what I said would happen above.

I got the Roy Moore election wrong, but by just a handful of votes.  On everything else -- on every point of "it will be as bad as you can imagine" -- I've hit the bullseye.  But it's not like I have some secret insight.  It's really easy.  Figure out what the most evil thing that could happen is, and bet on that happening.  You'll be right, too.   Like, all the time*.

* Roy Moore and his sweet Sassy excepted, of course.

The fact they are actually close on confirming this lying partisan hack is evidence enough we’re fucked.   Full blown tyranny here we are. 

Still don’t think they have the votes.

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:
6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:
You’re okay with them fucking over Dr. Ford and her family for politics?  Because that’s what they did.  

She. Came. Forward.

She. Wanted.  It.  To. Be.  Confidential.  And.  There.  Is.  A.  Procedure.  For.  It.  

39 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
42 minutes ago, BurntOrange4Life said:
This is about politics for the democrats and not whether this woman was assaulted or not.
Democrats can't stop his nomination based on his record, so they bring unsubstantiated allegations to try and derail it.

Bullshit. She came forward. Her testimony alone was enough to substantiate it. And republicans refused to allow a full investigation or even talk to the one witness who everyone agreed had valuable information. They need to be hung with this.

Un fucking believeable. 

She cant provide a day, week, location or witness from 36 years ago. What exactly are they supposed to investigate?  

You want so bad to believe you throw all due process and logic out the window because you are so politically woke about the current power situation. 

“But she came forward” does not equal credibility or evidence  

Its pathetic

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

You're okay with the GOP ramrodding Kavanaugh through, despite demonstrable lies, under oath, to the Senate?

Because that's what they're doing.

I get it.  You've got your boy.  The GOP wins.  They always do, they always will.  And if the result is destroying the integrity and trustworthiness of our institutions, once and for all, well, that's a price worth paying for transitory power.

Enjoy your victory lap -- for the record, I never doubted that you'd get it, or that you'd take it.

When a woman in your family is sexually assaulted -- and one will be, the numbers don't lie -- she'll remember how people who speak out get treated.  So, rest easy -- you'll never even have to hear about it!  She'll just swallow it, and carry it with her to her grave!  But what's important her is that YOUR TEAM WON!

giphy.gif

He wouldnt know if a woman in his family was sexually assaulted by someone else. Can you imagine any woman opening up to Johnny about anything?  Whos side do you think he would take between a wealthy client and his wife or daughter if it ever came to that?

1 hour ago, used2b said:

Senate GOP Whip John Cornyn explaining why Rachel Mitchell stopped asking Qs partway through: “Frankly, I think there was some frustration among the senators that they thought there were arguments that needed to be made, that she frankly was not equipped to make.”

"She wasn't as partisan as we hoped she'd be."

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

So tempting to go "Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown" on this whole thread.

Please do.

Although I went to school with Brisket, I can't recall ever hearing "Devil's triangle." "Double-team" was the term I heard used most, but it would make sense that the mean the same thing -- both are "DT" constructions.

Here's a story that starts out csb but ends ncsb and then gets really ncsb. I managed a three-way with two strippers for free when I was about 20. Cool! And then one or maybe both of them gave me crabs. Not Cool! And then I gave them to my GF. Really Not Cool! I blamed it on an army surplus sleeping bag I had just bought and she pretended to believe me. God I was such a dawg for a couple of years. 

Boofed meant buttsecks exclusively. 

• Like 1

Take the names and political parties out of the equation and weigh the facts

-zero information on the incident

- zero witnesses

-36 years have passed before an accusation was made 

- accusation wasn’t to the police but to her preferred politics. 

This would be given the credibility of a comment card at a restaurant. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, retread said:

After watching the foaming-at-the-mouth performance during his opening statement, it's pretty scary to think about him being on the SCOTUS.

When his "all I  do is spend most of my time at Little Flower Catholic Church and coach girls basketball at Blessed Sacrament" routine didn't work, he decided to show his ass.

Edited by Satchel

Just now, TexArcher said:

She agreed to be a part of this.  It was her idea.

Unlike the gang rape.

If her named witnesses backed her instead of exculpating Judge Kavanaugh, we’d be in a different place.  But they didn’t, do we aren’t.  That’s enough for any fair minded person  

And let’s not kid ourselves about fair minded people. 45 Democrats were voting against him like they did Gotsuch regardless.  

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

After Kavanaugh throwing his angry white man entitled temper tantrum, it’s very clear why Dr. Ford didn’t want to be in the same room as him.  

He’s a scary dude

What does his color have to do with it?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, BurntOrange4Life said:

This is about politics for the democrats and not whether this woman was assaulted or not.

Democrats can't stop his nomination based on his record, so they bring unsubstantiated allegations to try and derail it.

Look, the Democrats in office are shitbags, but let's not pretend like both parties play by the same rulebook anymore.  The GOP has gone rogue and is completely out of control. It's a false equivalency to think the Democrats are willing to get as dirty as Republicans.

Hell, a fucking KNOWN con man like Trump winning the election is proof that the GOP lost control years ago. 

Just now, zork said:

What does his color have to do with it?

It's a state of mind.  But you knew that.  

White men have the world's biggest victim mentality that there is. They run everything, but whine like little bitches about how they're getting fucked over all the time.

• Like 3

I listened to way more of this than i care to admit. She was very credible. He was a hot mess. I wish trump would have put forward a female conservative justice instead of Bart / Duff Man. I wish he would pull BK and do it today. But i suspect we are too close to the mid terms, and BK said just (barely) enough correctly. I think there will be 2 tainted conservative SC justices unless Ford can get anyone that was at that party to go under oath for her. What a horrible fucking situation.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

She works at Stanford.  There aren't any Trump supporters, other than maybe Sammy Hagar, within fifty miles of her. 

Well 144, 514 supporters, but point taken. We know you are prone to hyperbole, so it is easy to dismiss most of what you post

.http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CA/Santa_Clara/64404/184659/Web01/en/summary.html

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

After Kavanaugh throwing his angry white man entitled temper tantrum, it’s very clear why Dr. Ford didn’t want to be in the same room as him.  

He’s a scary dude

Not sure if to pos rep or neg rep.

1. You’re a vile piece of excrement

2. Your  will power is impressive 

Edited by Incredulity

1 minute ago, B00M said:

I listened to way more of this than i care to admit. She was very credible. He was a hot mess. I wish trump would have put forward a female conservative justice instead of Bart / Duff Man. I wish he would pull BK and do it today. But i suspect we are too close to the mid terms, and BK said just (barely) enough correctly. I think there will be 2 tainted conservative SC justices unless Ford can get anyone that was at that party to go under oath for her. What a horrible fucking situation.

Everyone at the party has provided sworn testimony.  And Ford is on an island with her version. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Been at fall baseball practice.  After watching my daughter play soccer earlier.

I bet Brett is cracking a couple now.  I would.  He won today.  

And the only sexual predator in the room was Spartacus.   

you are a terrible terrible person.

10 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Caught some of the testimony this afternoon. The only democratic senator that looked uncomfortable was Klobachar. Assume that’s because she watched her own colleague from her state get pushed out of the senate after a bullshit picture.

You realized Kavanaugh apologized to her, right?

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Been at fall baseball practice.  After watching my daughter play soccer earlier.

I bet Brett is cracking a couple now.  I would.  He won today.  

And the only sexual predator in the room was Spartacus.   

He "won"?   He embarrassed and humiliated himself in front of the entire world.  He lied through his fucking teeth...again, and he cried like a bitch. 

The ENTIRE fucking world knows that he's unfit to be a judge anywhere.  Judicial Temperament?  He ain't got it.  He's a hothead, lying, crying, drunken asshole.  I know it.  You know it.  Trump knows it.  Every fucking lawyer that will ever argue in front of him knows that he's a GOP hack.  He's a bigger hack than Karl Rove, and he showed that to the world.  Yeah, he "won" dude.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

It's a state of mind.  But you knew that.  

White men have the world's biggest victim mentality that there is. They run everything, but whine like little bitches about how they're getting fucked over all the time.

You could take both the color and gender references out of the statement and still gotten the point across.  

I really don't see anything that lends credence to the claims, unfortunately.

The only good thing to come of this, hopefully, is a final realization that we are not getting anywhere near the best Americans in our highest branches of the government and it is making a fool of all we built through the World Wars. That should be the lesson but both sides are playing team, so I don't think it is likely.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I believe she believes something happened.  Kavanaugh made a very compelling and believable case of his innocence. At the end of the day the facts are not their to support her.

What did you find compelling and believable about it?

This isn't bait.  I'm genuinely curious how someone comes to that conclusion.

I really don't see anything that lends credence to the claims, unfortunately.

The only good thing to come of this, hopefully, is a final realization that we are not getting anywhere near the best Americans in our highest branches of the government and it is making a fool of all we built through the World Wars. That should be the lesson but both sides are playing team, so I don't think it is likely.
Serious question. Did you watch her testimony?