Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

6 hours ago, TwinTurbo said:

It wasn't just the fact of losing to Maryland two years in a row. It's the fact that many of the factors in last year's loss were key components in this year's loss. That's what has people all fired up, and rightfully so. Especially following that performance up with whatever you call that display against Tulsa. 

Sort of like if we had also lost to NC State in 2000 because of three blocked punts.

Edited by Valmy77

7 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Also, it's only fair to give Herman four years.  After all, in his third year the players from his first "real" recruiting class will only be sophomores.  You would essentially be firing him for failing to perform with players he had no hand in signing.  Who is to say how he performs with another coach's players is in any way indicative of how he can perform with his own players?

Recruiting has taken a big step back this year while our competition for talent is moving forward.  We are also starting to fall behind on 2020 which will snowball if this season keeps going on our current trajectory.  missing out on top talent along with shitty coaching is going to drive this program into the ground so much further than we already are.

we need to give this guy 4 years so his roster is stacked with "his guys"?  Fuck, that's the most over played, tired argument in college football.  It's a transient sport by nature, turnover is perpetual with kids staying 3-5 years and leaving early for the draft is picking up pace across the country.  

it's not exactly like he's upgrading the roster from 3*s to 5*s. We are still loading up on 3-4*s with a couple 5s sprinkled in, just like the roster he came into.  If he can't do shit with what he inherited, having "his guys" isn't going to make a fucking difference.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Stoops won that because the Air Raid was ahead of the defensive curve. Maybe we should look into hiring his former OC....That Buccaneer Guy or whatever his name is. 

Nah.  He may have gotten far with the Air Raid but he won with Defense.  Fucking shocking with how Mike's dumbass has lost OU at least one title because his D can't even be average.  13-2 win over FSU.  Admittedly, OU was lucky to avoid that Hurricanes team. 

8 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Too bad. Mack could teach Herman a thing or two about special teams and discipline. Herman's teams commit so many dumb penalties and the special teams have been horrific.

Actually, Herman’s deflection of Texas being the best/worst place to work because the fans care when asked about his perceived arrogance was a Mack special. 

Man’s indoubt Mensa man picked up on how passive aggressive it is. 

Has anybody else ever watched our punt team and wonder wtf is going on? It seems like half the team just rushes down field without even the thought of blocking the man on the los.

Even the guys back near the kicker seem to half ass doing anything resulting in pressure on the punter on almost every kick.

13 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Has anybody else ever watched our punt team and wonder wtf is going on? It seems like half the team just rushes down field without even the thought of blocking the man on the los.

Even the guys back near the kicker seem to half ass doing anything resulting in pressure on the punter on almost every kick.

In their defense, the back guys are worried about being drilled in the back of the head with a punt destined to go 22 yards.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

This season reminds me of that Holiday Bowl against Washington State years ago. Offense was so shitty I couldn’t even tell what we were trying to do 

You mean the one where they blitzed up the middle pretty much every down, and we watched GD spend 4 quarters demonstrating that he literally had no idea how to punish pressure?

1 hour ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

You mean the one where they blitzed up the middle pretty much every down, and we watched GD spend 4 quarters demonstrating that he literally had no idea how to punish pressure?

Joke was Mack was under the impression that blitzing was illegal in bowl games, and wondered why they were never flagged for it...So we left Chance Mock in there to run for -64 yards and go 14-35 through the air while VY was on the bench for much of the game. Nice adjustments there, coaches.  And we got pussy-squeezed by a QB named Kegel. 

7 hours ago, Jack Wilson said:

From a personal standpoint, I'm a WM champion and I wish him the best, but I think we dodged a bullet there. It's looking like as a head ball coach he was a hell of a DC.

Not sure what you mean. Who wouldn't want this inspiring, stable gentleman as their head coach?

MuschampFreakout_original.gif?1351370116

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Joke was Mack was under the impression that blitzing was illegal in bowl games, and wondered why they were never flagged for it...So we left Chance Mock in there to run for -64 yards and go 14-35 through the air while VY was on the bench for much of the game. Nice adjustments there, coaches.  And we got pussy-squeezed by a QB named Kegel. 

wait...all these years you've been believing mack on a mobile?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

This season reminds me of that Holiday Bowl against Washington State years ago. Offense was so shitty I couldn’t even tell what we were trying to do 

2003. I don't know why but this game really pissed me off. I felt we were never going to win anything of note under Mack. 

2003. I don't know why but this game really pissed me off. I felt we were never going to win anything of note under Mack. 

Same. That was the night I was done with Mack Brown. Stories of the OL coming off field asking what to do to stave off Wazzu pressure and the coaches had no answers. Think I got banned from HornFans for calling Mack a “cancer” after being so disgusted with the loss to K-State earlier that year.

17 hours ago, jettrink said:

To get back on track, fire Tom Herman!

No kidding, I can't wait to hear how TH spins losses in his post-game pressers. They get better every time. A sampling of past spins:  

he's already got all emotional, to show how he cares;

he's thrown himself under the bus;

he's thrown the players under the bus;

(my personal favorite) he's told us "winning is hard", lol; 

he's quoted Steinbeck, to make us all have amazement over his astounding intellect; etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Colin Cowherd is an moron. In other news, water is wet and the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

According to Mensa Tom.... if the Sun doesn't rise "We're All in Trouble" .

More likely if TEXAS loses..... Mensa Tom is __________________________

(Fill in the Blank)

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

lmao at this thread.  so glad I don't give these idiots $9.95 anymore.

Apparently it was Mack's "toughness and martial discipline" that propelled us in the 00s. 

Hmmm, I wonder if Cowherd actually thinks that OR if pissing off two of the largest and most dedicated fanbases in the sport might just be good for traffic.  The only thing he missed was including Notre Dame in his list. 

Good for Klatt for calling bs and not playing along like it was even worth entertaining the idea. 

On 9/9/2018 at 5:24 PM, Otter said:

A few people on here made reference to an interview Herman did while he was still in Houston, so I got curious and searched for it. Holy hell is it embarrassing. While listening to it I was utterly speechless at how incredibly juvenile and petty he comes across. Who talks to sports media this way? Did anyone at all do any due diligence before hiring this clown?

It's 20 minutes long and I promise worth every minute. Don't just read this article, listen to the interview all the way to the end because he closes with a doozy, and like me, you'll be floored that somebody thought it was a good idea to make this titty baby the Head Coach of The University of Texas football team.

I can't believe I was stupid enough to buy all the hype.

https://thebiglead.com/2016/01/06/tom-herman-called-into-houston-radio-to-yell-at-hosts/

Not only did we hire a fraud, but we hired a disrespectful douche bag. Seriously,  Who talks to the media that way?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mossyhorn said:

No kidding, I can't wait to hear how TH spins losses in his post-game pressers. They get better every time. A sampling of past spins:  

he's already got all emotional, to show how he cares;

he's thrown himself under the bus;

he's thrown the players under the bus;

(my personal favorite) he's told us "winning is hard", lol; 

he's quoted Steinbeck, to make us all have amazement over his astounding intellect; etc.

I hear that Tom has been reading Moby Dick as of late. Expect some quotes from Moby Dick 

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Not only did we hire a fraud, but we hired a disrespectful douche bag. Seriously,  Who talks to the media that way?

Mike Leach, but Leach had earned that right. BTW, I’ve heard that Leach wants back into Texas, just saying ......

I actually have the perfect literary reference memorized from very short foray into acting long, long ago. My rebuttle to whatever dumb shit Tom has to say regarding fans or why winning is so difficult.

If we shadows have offended think but this and all is mended

That you have but slumbered here while these visions did appear

Well look at the big brain on Shakespeare here.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac unfeatured this topic