Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

I'm not changing my mind on Tommy Bling until after the next 3 games.  Come out of that with a winning record and I will feel like he is actually coaching the team up. There is too much talent for us to be 2-4 or even 3-3 at any point.

I enjoyed the USC game, but that was just a baby step.

It was more than a baby step.  It was a fantastic win.  Punishing.  Spectacular.

And 3 wins leaves us 5 and 1 with the opportunity to go craptacular and fail out to 5 and 7.

I will never ever evar again fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Llogg said:

That was textbook roughing. Are you suggesting the refs botched that call too? Not even close.

No, not suggesting the call was botched.  The opposite.  That's the kind of stupid penalty we commit.  We've pushed the boundaries of New Adventures in the Kicking Game over the past 5 years.  How many games have we played where the opponent blocked our kick and returned for 6 or 2?  We got out of the endzone TWICE through minor miracles that have gone against us since The Hit on Colt.

I never thought we were as bad as everyone felt after the Maryland loss, and I'm not ready to crown anyone after this win. The Tulsa game remains inexcusable. But there's no such thing as a quality loss or a bad win. There were fewer mistakes against USC than there were against Tulsa or Maryland, and the scoreboard reflected that.

Our OL, by being slightly above average, is the best OL we've fielded in a decade. We have 4 scholarship QBs. We also haven't been there in over a decade. Our DL interior and LBs remain a painful weakness that above-average coaches will abuse and exploit, but help is on the way. Dicker the motherfucking Kicker.

Things are better than they've been.

Tom Herman still retains Beck and Mehringer on his staff. He still might send Kyle Porter onto the field when the game is in doubt. "Winning is hard." Casey Horny. Strip clubs with a wife-beater. We still have some damned good reasons to doubt.

• Like 2

We ain’t competing in the beauty content that is getting a CFB Playoff bid, so all that matters is just winning the next fucking game. 

Tom Herman has a 4 week window to demonstrate his competency as the UT coach IMO. He already took care of business against USC and now we’re on to TCU.

If he can win 3 of these 4 games (USC,TCU, KSU, OU), there’s no doubt he should remain as our coach until the end of 2019. 

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

You're right.  Whether Maryland, USC, and Tulsa go 0-12 or 12-0 has zero to do with evaluating our performances against them.

All that will matter is our record and whether or not our coaches get their shit together. 

Some of you cry like little bitches. We lost. Get over it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scottsins said:

Shane started as a true freshman.  No redshirt year for him.

Plus he seems like a sharp kid so he probably brought at very least a semester of hours in with him (supposed to be in reply to how is he already graduating ? above)

Edited by bluto

1 minute ago, TheFlagship said:

Extend Herman!

Not so fast.  I agree I was hasty after Maryland and at this point in time I am feeling good.  Let us see how bad we kick OU's ass.  If Tom only beats them by 3 instead of 23 then don't extend.

PS Beck still needs to go.

• Fuck You 3

I won't apologize for being critical after the Maryland game and his 7-7 start.

But I'll tip my cap for the amazing improvement over the last two weeks.  These kids are growing up fast.  The defense is salty.  We look a lot better.

Now we need to avoid a letdown in Manhattan and go into the RRS 4-1 and ranked.  Fuck ou.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

But I'll tip my cap for the amazing improvement over the last two weeks.  These kids are growing up fast.  The defense is salty.  We look a lot better.

Now we need to avoid a letdown in Manhattan and go into the RRS 4-1 and ranked.  Fuck ou.

This and we'll be ranked this week

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Same

9 minutes ago, MOODY said:

Not so fast.  I agree I was hasty after Maryland and at this point in time I am feeling good.  Let us see how bad we kick OU's ass.  If Tom only beats them by 3 instead of 23 then don't extend.

Man trying to be a tad sarcastic and I get a neg for that?  No worries, TEXAS beats OU and Tom Herman is solid to me no matter what.  If he does that then he can keep your boy Beck also.

Texas does beat OU, saying it right now.

The Pats have the best coach in football, and they struggle early almost every season.  College football is less forgiving than the NFL, but just because you struggle early in the year doesn't mean you aren't a strong football mind.

Texas improved throughout the year last season, and they improved throughout games.  Every week Texas is taking less time to adjust to their opponent.

Gotta finish the season strong, but some good signs.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MOODY said:

Username checks out. 

• Fuck You 1

39 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

More bad news.

Beat 2 ranked teams in successive weeks by large margins.

28 minutes ago, fellside said:

The Pats have the best coach in football, and they struggle early almost every season.  College football is less forgiving than the NFL, but just because you struggle early in the year doesn't mean you aren't a strong football mind.

Texas improved throughout the year last season, and they improved throughout games.  Every week Texas is taking less time to adjust to their opponent.

Gotta finish the season strong, but some good signs.

Yeah, amazing how getting better each week works. 

• Like 1

I don’t know if he’s the guy. I want him to be because I don’t want to start another rebuild. I’m happy for him the last couple of weeks though. It’s got the rough to stand up there and field questions about losing to Maryland. To try to keep the kids positive. Try to keep the recruiting class intact. And prepare the team to run the gauntlet.  We’re pulling our hair out at how he answers questions post game and mocking the “Mensa” thing. 

It’s gotta feel good for a week when the questions aren’t pointed. Getting pats on the back etc. good for him. Enjoy this one for more than a day coach. 

• Like 2

I'm kinda thinking Tom Herman is figuring this football thing out. I'll give him a pass on Maryland because fuck Maryland, but if he beats OU, I'm all aboard. This 18 class is about as real and spectacular as we've ever seen. Caden Sterns is a fucking monster. Fuck classification, he's the best safety in college football. 

It does seem to be following his career MO. Few will argue that he had shown that he was fully capable of assembling a quality team. It also has shown those nagging WTF loses that would crop up during a campaign. 

And here is what will rip your heart out. Let’s suppose Texas beats the shit out of every remaining team on he schedule by 20 points? That Maryland loss would in effect lay waste to what would otherwise be an indisputable playoff invite.

For all of that great football to be played, only to be left out of the festivities by a committee that will use that opening day loss against Texas. ESPN is essentially painting that exact scenario with its OP on the playoff selection process in their post game page. 

8 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

It does seem to be following his career MO. Few will argue that he had shown that he was fully capable of assembling a quality team. It also has shown those nagging WTF loses that would crop up during a campaign. 

And here is what will rip your heart out. Let’s suppose Texas beats the shit out of every remaining team on he schedule by 20 points? That Maryland loss would in effect lay waste to what would otherwise be an indisputable playoff invite.

For all of that great football to be played, only to be left out of the festivities by a committee that will use that opening day loss against Texas. ESPN is essentially painting that exact scenario with its OP on the playoff selection process in their post game page. 

yeah, you're getting way ahead of yourself. 

let's just win the conference and go from there...

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac unfeatured this topic