Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

8 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Some of that was because we got fuckstomped in the first quarter of the game that eliminated us from conference championship contention almost every single year. The other games were close, but often irrelevant. 

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And some of it was because we had deeper rosters than a lot of the lesser teams we played.

That's all fine, but the point remains that Mack's teams were not characterized by losing games in the 4th quarter because the team ran out of gas. 

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

This thread will be at 80+ pages by the end of the wkend.

You'd be giddy with the demise.  Condolences for your week of misery after Texas beats this team that is also currently flailing in mediocrity.  To stay occupied in grief and angst, you should just go ahead and start a thread about how the next coaching staff, whoever they might be, should already be terminated.  And when the coaching staff after that staff first ends up in a 3rd and 13 you should get ahead of it and demand that staff should already be terminated too.  Today.  When you get raped behind a truck stop in East Texas you should start a thread about how the guy who raped you has the grit to be the next head coach.     

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chooky said:

You'd be giddy with the demise.  Condolences for your week of misery after Texas beats this team that is also currently flailing in mediocrity.  To stay occupied in grief and angst, you should just go ahead and start a thread about how the next coaching staff, whoever they might be, should already be terminated.  And when the coaching staff after that staff first ends up in a 3rd and 13 you should get ahead of it and demand that staff should already be terminated too.  Today.  When you get raped behind a truck stop in East Texas you should start a thread about how the guy who raped you has the grit to be the next head coach.     

You sound angry bruh. Hope things pick up for you soon. 

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

How did Alabama do in their last championship game playing a true freshman qb because their 20-2 starter was on the bench?

Just sayin.

They did well. I’m guessing their freshman QB played a lot more snaps in the season than Gilbert did that year. And their freshman didn’t suck like GG. 

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

That's all fine, but the point remains that Mack's teams were not characterized by losing games in the 4th quarter because the team ran out of gas. 

Mack’s teams were characterized by getting blasted by OU repeatedly and by mostly winning games that were irrelevant. 

• Like 1

Wow I guess I figured Herman would say different things to the team vs the media but nope. LHN Gameday showed a clip of his Tulsa post game speech to the team, “Winning is really really difficult and momentum is an illusion.” Pregame speech they showed he said fun about 8 times within 30 seconds 

3 minutes ago, Tim Beck said:

Wow I guess I figured Herman would say different things to the team vs the media but nope. LHN Gameday showed a clip of his Tulsa post game speech to the team, “Winning is really really difficult and momentum is an illusion.” Pregame speech they showed he said fun about 8 times within 30 seconds 

i wanna neg rep you just for that username and avatar

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

I’m starting to think thIs Tom Herman guy might be a fraud.

I wonder what this place will look like when Kansas beats us on T +1 this year.

If this season goes the way it's looking so far, probably a slow roll from apathy to measured excitement that comes with a HC change. 

Mensa Question 

Tabatha likes cookies but not cake. She likes mutton but not lamb, and she likes okra but not squash. Following the same rule, will she like cherries or pears?

Tom Herman:

Momentum is an illusion. What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter? 36.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac unfeatured this topic