Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

I don't remember which medication it was, but on one of the pharma ads it says, "Do not take gobblygoop if you are allergic to its ingredients.  Reactions can be severe, including death..."

Then why are you motherfuckers advertising it on public TV, as if usage is just discretionary?  " Hey Doc, i was wondering, can I try some of that high risk shit that might kill me for this rash I've had on my arm?"

13 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

I'm still trying to figure out what they're trying to do with the Chipolte commerical guy that asks the cooks questions.  He sounds like a drunken New York clown.  So odd.

dont you mean the sound of Chipotle?

Pretty sure the sound of Chipotle one was from Webster, Tx

here is the better bet, every single one of those ads shows a "real worker" at a real Chiptole.  what is the over/under at how long the under-28 year olds with at least some model looks and instincts were employed at that their particular Chipotle?  I would give it 3 days.  1 to get officially hired, 1 to show up for the dress rehersal and they quit the minute after the ad was wrapped up. having put in zero actual fast food worker time.

almost reminds me of those insepid "real people, not actors" bullshit Chevy commercials where 90% of their real people were folks with active IMDB acting credits.  And Chevy followed up with the "we didnt hire them as actors, it was a real reaction" no you lying fucks, it was a group of actors who immediately recognized they were on a set and, you know, started fucking acting. 

On 1/16/2024 at 3:21 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Her fashion sense sucks but the fact her drug costs avg $700 a month should make us more angry. Drug advertising should be illegal.

I've heard that this fascinates visitors from other countries more than anything else 

11 hours ago, slorch said:

I don't remember which medication it was, but on one of the pharma ads it says, "Do not take gobblygoop if you are allergic to its ingredients.  Reactions can be severe, including death..."

Then why are you motherfuckers advertising it on public TV, as if usage is just discretionary?  " Hey Doc, i was wondering, can I try some of that high risk shit that might kill me for this rash I've had on my arm?"

All I know is that no matter what I may be suffering from, I will never ever take a drug that has a documented side effect of a potentially fatal infection of the taint.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For some you’ll only take it once. As you lay on the floor with your diaphragm constricting and your eyeballs popping from the anaphylactic shock you’ll make a mental note to not take that shit again , just before it goes to black.

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

I know this is the "fuck this commercial" thread, but I just want to say that this commercial is a 5 out of 5 stars and how all commercials should be made - 

-short as fuck

-nut shot

I ROLLED at this commercial. Couldn't stop laughing. It's Josh Allen's laugh after the shot that makes it.

Anything with Kelce, Gronk, or Mahomes needs to go away.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

LHN Dealey Center for New Media commercial:

- those are most definitely not  the coolest kids on campus 

- your podcasts are/were going out into the void of cyberspace and not one fucking person was listening 

- hey professor- sweet green t-shirt. You dress like a homeless person

- how bout we retire this stupid-ass commercial, it's at least 3 years old 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

LHN Dealey Center for New Media commercial:

- those are most definitely not  the coolest kids on campus 

- your podcasts are/were going out into the void of cyberspace and not one fucking person was listening 

- hey professor- sweet green t-shirt. You dress like a homeless person

- how bout we retire this stupid-ass commercial, it's at least 3 years old 

But, it's produced FOR the people, and people WILL listen!

In "commercials that don't suck" Category, I'll posit the radio ad for Subway's new "foot long Churro" voiced by none other than...

Charles Barkley.

Now, that shit is funny.

Edited by slorch

There's a special circle of hell reserved for whoever directed the rooty tooty IHOP ad.

Also, I'm man enough to admit that a couple of the Wendy's ads get me. The dorky looking white guy is a good comedic actor. The "bag boys bag boys" one gets me every time and the one where he goes "there's posters everywhere" is funny too. They've done a good job with those. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I'm about at my limit for that Gillette ad with the mooky-assed dad that calls his son while the kid is shaving.  "Ay yo, you gotta a little somethin' on ya face."  "GAME CHANGAH".

Dude needs a razor across his neck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 5:50 AM, slorch said:

When I hear "don't take [*insert drug name here*] if you are allergic to it," I always wonder to myself, "How the hell am I supposed to know if I'm allergic to it?"  

I suppose I could try it and see.  But if it turns out I'm allergic to it, then I'm fucked.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:16 AM, Scraps said:

I know this is the "fuck this commercial" thread, but I just want to say that this commercial is a 5 out of 5 stars and how all commercials should be made - 

-short as fuck

-nut shot

Only needs a "that was cool" comment from Butthead to be complete.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Gooby said:

I'm about at my limit for that Gillette ad with the mooky-assed dad that calls his son while the kid is shaving.  "Ay yo, you gotta a little somethin' on ya face."  "GAME CHANGAH".

Dude needs a razor across his neck.

It honestly strains credibility to think that there was someone with actual decision making power who looked at those two goombahs and said, "Yep, these guys will definitely make people buy our razors!"  

Not a tv ad, but the Apple leasing commercial where the stupid woman wants a new car because she needs new brakes, her kids have made her car messy and she wants the new car smell drives me up the wall.  Clean the damn car and if you are replacing brakes that quick, maybe change how you drive.

• Hook 'Em 1

I hate that fucking commercial but Gillette seems pretty committed to it so I always assumed the young guy must be someone famous, athlete or something.  Turns out they are a couple of TikTok tards. 
I’m insulted that Gillette thinks those two assholes would make me buy their razors.. 

https://www.looper.com/1389075/who-father-son-gillette-labs-commercial-joe-mele-frank/

19 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Anyone have HBO Max ad version? I'm on a trial and for the entire time I've watched it all month the ONLY commercial we get is a Land Rover Defender commercial.  Like the same one over and over... never anything else. Easily seen it a hundred times already.

Similar to the Austin ESPN 102.7 station.  They have a rotation of about five PSAs and Wilson Roofing.  And the same commercial break will often include duplicate commercials and last about five minutes.

39 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I hate that fucking commercial but Gillette seems pretty committed to it so I always assumed the young guy must be someone famous, athlete or something.  Turns out they are a couple of TikTok tards. 
I’m insulted that Gillette thinks those two assholes would make me buy their razors.. 

https://www.looper.com/1389075/who-father-son-gillette-labs-commercial-joe-mele-frank/

Lol thanks. I was wondering if he was like a baseball or hockey player. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm about tired of seeing Jennifer Garner cosplaying as a farmer.  Somehow, she also manages to pretend like she hangs out in the regular terminal of the airport much of the time in the same commercial.  The plot of Alias was more realistic.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3