Win, Tom Herman

Slacks

I know Tom means what he says only half the time, but the quote about trying too hard almost kind of makes sense to me? This was a trap game if there ever was one. There’s a difference between being fired up and trying to be perfect. He should have just said “We should have been fired up, instead we overthought everything, and that’s on me.” 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

I know Tom means what he says only half the time, but the quote about trying too hard almost kind of makes sense to me? This was a trap game if there ever was one. There’s a difference between being fired up and trying to be perfect. He should have just said “We should have been fired up, instead we overthought everything, and that’s on me.” 

A trap game. 

Negged.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

It wasn’t a trap game. We just suck from the top down. Herman got outcoached by not just a first year head coach but a first time head coach.

10 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

God damnit, no. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

A trap game. 

Negged.

I’m into beer. Also tell me how the fuck losing a teammate that got dragged across the field because he was dying of a heat stroke doesn’t inspire a deeper fight? Yeah, we still fucking suck, yeah we should have won this, yeah playing for a dead teammate might inspire some passion. 

38 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

I’m into beer. Also tell me how the fuck losing a teammate that got dragged across the field because he was dying of a heat stroke doesn’t inspire a deeper fight? Yeah, we still fucking suck, yeah we should have won this, yeah playing for a dead teammate might inspire some passion. 

It was the first game of the season, and it was against a team that embarrassed us last year in the first game of the season. You’re not wrong about the motivation stuff, but It was fucking far from a trap game.

I don't want another coach right now. If we go 1-5 or 0-6 over the next 5 weeks I'm sure I'll change my mind. But changing coaches is such a long term process everytime you do it. On top of having to go through this we've been in for 9 years, another coach will be another however many years. So I agree with the original post - Tom, just win, dammit! You were suppose to be the new shiny object that every program in the country wanted and we got. Show it! The players are a reflection of their coaches. If they're tight and thinking about it too much on the field, you are too. 

• Like 3

Hired and kept Tim Beck

Hired and kept Drew Mehringer

Hired and kept Derek Warehime

Continues to play Kyle Porter

Continues to play Sam Ehlinger

0-2 against Maryland

105 yards of penalties 

terrible offensive production 

teams play flat and unenthusiastic 

outcoached by an interim HC

1 hour ago, PatSolitanojr said:

If that really worked, Urban Meyer would have someone kill one of his players every week.

• Like 1

I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  Other than that I went back and watched the Peach Bowl to try to get some good juju going.  Some of the play designs are lollable given what we’ve seen, but Applewhite was 10x the playcaller that Beck is.  And Greg Ward had less to do with winning that game than I remembered.   They won that game for two reasons.   1. FSUs qb sucked.  2.  Houston had hard hitting, fast motherfuckers all over the field.  Their team speed was impressive.  Maybe he was hurt but Dalvin Cook never got going because every time there was a hole a white blur met him in it face up.  Ward hit a few passes and had some nice option keepers but their main weapon was swing passes and dump offs to their two RBs   Watching that game drove home that we need a serious upgrade of speed at all skill positions or we will not be competitive in this conference.  Right now the spread part of the power spread doesn’t work because guys (especially the veterans) can’t do anything in space. Maybe the younger guys he’s brought in will start to change that.  

• Like 1