RIP Bandit

BigDHornfan

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

I don't normally buy Coors, but this one time, in honor of the Bandit, I will buy some on the way home tonight and toast him.

coors-banquet-6c.jpg

No doubt.  Will be buying some as well.  I still love YellaBellies/John Elways/Coors Khaki/Banquets.  Probably my favorite of the mega-production American beers.  

28 minutes ago, Underdog said:

The movie title escapes me but he made it with Beverly D’Angelo as a surrogate mother and they eventually fall in love,IIRC.  Anyways, there’s a scene early on where Burt is in the park and showing off to kids feeding a squirrel and tosses food a little too far and the squirrel gets ran over(brake sounds off camera) and the kids and parents are horrified and scuttle off, shit cracks me still to this day. 

Paternity

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I still love YellaBellies/John Elways/Coors Khaki/Banquets.  Probably my favorite of the mega-production American beers.  

Still made with Rocky Mountain spring water exclusively in Golden, Co. (CL is made all over the country)

RIP Gator/Bandit/Crewe/Quint

Burt, you hit life right in the nuts.  People don't remember you were flat on your back for almost a year in a dark room with temporomandibular joint dysfunction and was virtually a recluse for over a year.  He was a great guy who came to regret his whoring ways (don't we all, but uh, I guess I wouldn't even be the T-ball equivalent of that pro).  Anyway, amazing person, great actor, self-effacing and humble in later years.  God bless him and his.

CleverAptDrever-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1

Lori Nelson (1959-1960), Judy Carne (1963-1965), Inger Stevens (1970), Chris Noel (1970-1971), Mamie Van Doren (1971), Lorna Luft (1974-1975), Catherine Deneuve (1975), Kim Basinger (1976), Chris Evert (1977), Tammy Wynette (1977), Sally Field (1977-1981), Gig Rauch (1979), Tawny Little (1981), Loni Anderson (1983-1993), Pam Seals (2000). Dates unknown: Adrienne Barbeau, Doris Day, Faye Dunaway, Miko Mayama, Sarah Miles, Dinah Shore

3 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Lori Nelson (1959-1960), Judy Carne (1963-1965), Inger Stevens (1970), Chris Noel (1970-1971), Mamie Van Doren (1971), Lorna Luft (1974-1975), Catherine Deneuve (1975), Kim Basinger (1976), Chris Evert (1977), Tammy Wynette (1977), Sally Field (1977-1981), Gig Rauch (1979), Tawny Little (1981), Loni Anderson (1983-1993), Pam Seals (2000). Dates unknown: Adrienne Barbeau, Doris Day, Faye Dunaway, Miko Mayama, Sarah Miles, Dinah Shore

Man....that's just....he's gotta have the first seat in the Hall of Fame, right?

f0c456037c09c0ac003231cb354eb549.gif
  • Like 3

About 12 years ago, I saw Burt Reynolds at a restaurant in Florida. Most of the place ignored him so that he could have his privacy. When he was leaving a girl started to approached him with a camera. She obviously wanted a picture of the Bandit.

When Burt saw her standing there she looked a little embarrassed and started to back away without saying anything. Burt said, "Trying to get a picture?", she mumbled, "yeah". Burt then feigned an irritated face and then opened his arms and said, "Get over here you little hussy." He posed for a few pictures with her and then left.

The whole time I am looking at this 70 something year old man thinking, I wish I was as cool as him.

• Like 6

He was one of those larger than life figures of my youth. RIP.

"I always wanted to experience everything and go down swinging," he wrote in the final paragraph of his memoir. "Well, so far, so good. I know I'm old, but I feel young. And there's one thing they can never take away: Nobody had more fun than I did."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/burt-reynolds-dead-deliverance-boogie-nights-star-was-82-831093

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep, just sang this line out loud in the office -- shout out from the smoothest country singer ever to the coolest man alive at the time.

And he’s been dead a year on Saturday.  There is no bigger Don Williams fan than me.  Tried to convince my wife to let me buy his old tour bus, the Gypsy Lady, and park it at the ranch for a makeshift cabin.  No dice.  

If I was a single man, that shit would have been done. 

8faa9c22dfa3178f9fe89ec8eb48ea98.jpg