Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

4 hours ago, Pods said:

Driving around Texas in his truck, talking to his daughter about M&M's and saving dogs. Beto is very on brand and it's brilliant. 

Ted Cruz would never drive around in a truck like that, full of fast food wrappers and his family. 

That stuff will resonate with a lot of Texas families.  As soon as I showed my wife, before the video started, she knew they were headed to Alpine (we’ve been making the trip multiple times a year for the past 10 years).

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ted Cruz would never drive around in a truck like that, full of fast food wrappers and his family. 

Unless he was out looking for crazy Heidi laying on MoPac again?

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Ted’s own kids can’t stand the fucker. 

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, there is nobody on this planet that likes ted Cruz. Even the trumpkins cant stand him. He may win, but he also may pull a Hillary and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

I think that the points made earlier about the Texan identity being rural even for people living in cities makes a lot of sense. It’s a good look to show up in those towns. Even a lot of city people like myself have connections to one small town or another. It’s really cool to watch him show up there and give a shit unlike Cruz. I’m sure zodiac ted will go to a few places to pretend that he cares too but we all know he doesn’t.

Just read this tweet by a cruz supporter:

Every TEXAN needs vote against the cancerous Marxist left wingers. Intent on destroying our CONSTITUTION! 

See SICARIO,  understand beto dreams!

Secure AMERICA 

Ted Cruz on Beto O'Rourke challenge: 'We do have a real race and we take it deadly serious'

11 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

That would likely help, right? His base would brush it off and the moderates and some disaffected R’s might eat it up...

Probably couldn’t hurt anyway and W clearly hates Cruz.

REK's endorsement is probably just as big in the youth circle.  REK coming out will be more confounding to aggy than the Kerville/JFF connection.  REK has achieved even more godlike status in aggylore than even Lyle Lovett. 

Plus they would probably say W is just senile, doesn't know what he is talking about anymore.

I think that the points made earlier about the Texan identity being rural even for people living in cities makes a lot of sense. It’s a good look to show up in those towns. Even a lot of city people like myself have connections to one small town or another. It’s really cool to watch him show up there and give a shit unlike Cruz. I’m sure zodiac ted will go to a few places to pretend that he cares too but we all know he doesn’t.

He’s has my vote already and I’m a city gal but seeing him in these rural towns and areas only solidifies my support. A city liberal isn’t a Texas liberal. You can be progressive and represent the farmer, rancher and those who support rural communities like merchants and school teachers who work and live in rural areas.

Just read this tweet by a cruz supporter:
Every TEXAN needs vote against the cancerous Marxist left wingers. Intent on destroying our CONSTITUTION! 
See SICARIO,  understand beto dreams!
Secure AMERICA 

Ted Cruz on Beto O'Rourke challenge: 'We do have a real race and we take it deadly serious'

It’s astounding to me there are actually people like this in the world. It reads like it is straight out of a cartoon or something.

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

He's at $987,000 raised since Friday - he's going to hit $1MM over the weekend.

And Robert Earl Keen came out to his town hall in Kerrville today.

Oh shit, aggy gonna be pissed at Keen.

I'm actually surprised.  

Keen is risking a helluva lot.  Speaks volumes about him, and about Beto.

Edited by atomheartbevo

IF (big if) he wins in November he has to fill out his term until 2024 because otherwise he'd be replaced by a Republican since the Governor gets to appoint. He can't abandon us or the Senate. 

That said I predict a Hispanic Dem (I know he's not Hispanic) wins in 2020.

Edited by used2b

28 minutes ago, thepop said:

Beto has a hell of a lot of money saved up right now. I think he's got to start spending it soon, especially if Cruz is starting to be on the offensive.

Patience Grasshopper. It's a long time until November. Not yet time to crack open the war chest.

Edited by RPM

15 minutes ago, used2b said:

IF (big if) he wins in November he has to fill out his term until 2024 because otherwise he'd be replaced by a Republican since the Governor gets to appoint. He can't abandon us or the Senate. 

That said I predict a Hispanic Dem (I know he's not Hispanic) wins in 2020.

Are you talking about cornyns seat?

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Patience Grasshopper. It's a long time until November. Not yet time to crack open the war chest.

He said in Kerrville he’s getting ready to go up on TV in the next few weeks. Perfect time.