Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

6 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

A man who grew up well-to-do and who married into money, wanting to help the less fortunate.

versus

A man whose father was self-made and who is now quite wealthy, wanting to pull the ladder up from below.

Yeah, I know who I'd rather vote for.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Cruz is so Hispanic he changed his name to Ted.

Cruz so Hispanic he cant speak a lick of Spanish.

dag nigga so Hispanic he does all of his rallies where the demographic is 85% white people.

I think you mean 100% white people.

Give me a fucking break with the “Beto is too rich” talking point when the alternative is someone who is still worth four fucking million dollars.

Also, it’s weird how money is a negative now, when two years ago y’all voted for a dude to lead our country whose most defining trait was having a lot of money.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

dag nigga so Hispanic he does all of his rallies where the demographic is 85% white people.

28 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

You're low balling his crowds. Try 95%.

7 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Tell me about it.  I live inside Loop 12, basically center city Dallas, and my House district extends all the way past fucking Palestine.  Why?  To protect Pete Sessions.   Bullshit.  Give me a representative that is representative of my district, not someone from fucking Terrell.

I live in Austin and my district extends Cleburne, Texas ~ 163 miles away. Never been to Cleburne, Texas

Edited by yoladu

He’s Hispanic.  And poorer than Beto 

It’s cute how you and Matt Mackowiak and all the little GOP step n’ fetchits posted the same thing around the same time on the same day. How compliant of you. Newsflash: I’m a fairly successful person and I admire business success. Ted Cruz is a career political operative and he’s done really well financially for a guy who never spent a day in the real economy or created a single job. Beto O’Rourke and his wife, on the other hand, made real money in the productive economy.

That fact that you think doing well financially through your own work and good fortune is a political liability is your dumbass party in a nutshell. If only Beto had stiffed contractors and filed for bankruptcy multiple times, he could be the GOP nominee for president.

• Like 7

By being born into money and marrying well?  Please, less hagiography. 

Speaking as guy who was born into no money*, I can’t think of a reason to have problem with that. They started well capitalized and created a real business out of it. That’s more than most rich kids do. What’s the problem?

*I married well, but none of that goes to me or my wife.

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

What’s the problem?

I don't know. I mean maybe my kids could have a step up as well if I was more well versed in the ins and outs of tax fraud.

Don't fall into promoting the saintly life story of these these assholes.  Beto is better than Cruz, clearly. And has a good many positions that I agree with. But he is still part of a totally disconnected from reality elite political apparatus in DC. No waving of hands changes that.  

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

FYI, Ted Cruz does not live in a "well-appointed condo in an elegant corner of Houston".  He lives in a big house in Avalon Place right next to River Oaks. 

Does he own it, or is it like "Duke" Cunningham's houseboat that some lobbyist really owned. 

11 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I don't know, but it's where he and his family lives. And his children go to St. John's, which is around 25-30k a year for each kid. 

Doesn't his crazy/ugly wife make major cash?

EDIT:  I'm happy to call her crazy, but I'm going with Trump on the "ugly" for obvious reasons.  I don't typically insult a woman's looks. Particularly to attack the husband (whoever huckabeef is married to is the exception)

Edited by Gil Bang

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

FYI, Ted Cruz does not live in a "well-appointed condo in an elegant corner of Houston".  He lives in a big house in Avalon Place right next to River Oaks. 

You're telling me an article from sinclair-owned station is stretching the truth to benefit Republican efforts??? Naaawwwwww 

Another Quinnipac poll out with Cruz +9. It seems to be consistently pro Cruz by about 3 pts over time though. Cruz is probably at about +6, which maybe explains dropping out of the CNN townhall.

Part of me hopes that Beto takes a chunk of his massive fundraising haul and dumps it into Cruz attack ads. There's something in between all positive and Willie Horton ads. Like highlight all the outside spending and corporate money for Cruz or his absence in the Senate or taking stances that are bad for Texas. I don't see pointing out contrasts as abandoning Beto's ethos.

• Like 2

I expect Beto to out perform polls due to GOTV efforts and having offices in every major neighborhood in Texas. It won’t overtake a 9 point deficit in the polls though. Beto has been amazing but it might be time to consider how far he’s willing to go in pointing out Teds deficiencies. And there are plenty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

You're telling me an article from sinclair-owned station is stretching the truth to benefit Republican efforts??? Naaawwwwww 

I laughed out lout when I read that Ted lives in a "well-appointed condo".  Where he and his family live isn't exactly a secret. It's a house, on a 10k sq. ft. lot, over 4,000 sq. ft inside, that they purchased 2 years ago in both of their names for around $2 million. And that article was written by someone from the AP? Pathetic. 

27 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Better double down on the fake Mexican stuff because the virtue signalers are tapped out and the rest of Texas is starting to pay attention. 

Beto%20Villa.png

Well we know you aren’t voting for Beto because he supports the gays

Another Quinnipac poll out with Cruz +9. It seems to be consistently pro Cruz by about 3 pts over time though. Cruz is probably at about +6, which maybe explains dropping out of the CNN townhall.

Part of me hopes that Beto takes a chunk of his massive fundraising haul and dumps it into Cruz attack ads. There's something in between all positive and Willie Horton ads. Like highlight all the outside spending and corporate money for Cruz or his absence in the Senate or taking stances that are bad for Texas. I don't see pointing out contrasts as abandoning Beto's ethos.

That’s my view - he needs to talk about the facts not stretch shit. Just talk about special interests, presidential motivations, not being an advocate for Texas, constituent services and just hammer him on the facts of being a good senator for your state.

That’s my view - he needs to talk about the facts not stretch shit. Just talk about special interests, presidential motivations, not being an advocate for Texas, constituent services and just hammer him on the facts of being a good senator for your state.
Yep and put himself out there as the alternative to all that shit. He needs to reset the narrative and has the $$$$ to do it. He's been smart so far so I'm sure they'll figure it out.

4 minutes ago, troph said:

CNN townhall gives him a whole fucking hour to himself without having to be grossed out by Ted's gullet and booger eating face.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

CNN townhall gives him a whole fucking hour to himself without having to be grossed out by Ted's gullet and booger eating face.

That poll says 96% of voters minds are made up. Take all polls with a grain of salt, but I do believe that vast majority are done. 

Again, another poll saying immigration is #1 issue, followed by economy (energy).  Two issues Cruz is much stronger on. 

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

That poll says 96% of voters minds are made up. Take all polls with a grain of salt, but I do believe that vast majority are done. 

Again, another poll saying immigration is #1 issue, followed by economy (energy).  Two issues Cruz is much stronger on. 

He's not stronger on those issues.

Oh, you mean to you.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

He's not stronger on those issues.

Oh, you mean to you.

Hmm alright then. 

Hes tougher on illegal immigration, no?  The YouGov/CBS poll suggested that 57% of Texans think immigration policies are appropriate or not strong enough. ✔️ 

Texas and its economy is still largely driven by energy. Duh. Would you say that Beto or Ted is more pro energy?  ✔️ 

I think those are issues he is stronger on for Texas and its electorate.  You’re welcome. 

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Hmm alright then. 

Hes tougher on illegal immigration, no?  The YouGov/CBS poll suggested that 57% of Texans think immigration policies are appropriate or not strong enough. ✔️ 

Texas and its economy is still largely driven by energy. Duh. Would you say that Beto or Ted is more pro energy?  ✔️ 

I think those are issues he is stronger on for Texas and its electorate.  You’re welcome. 

I disagree with you because I view the positions you describe as strong as actually being weak. 

In conclusion, Beto is stronger on both of those issues for Texas and its electorate. You're welcome.

10 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

This latest poll is 100% landline from what I’ve read. Is that accurate?

That’s what I’ve been wondering about. In all my 46 years I’ve never been polled or really surveyed about anything. I haven’t had a landline in years. Doubt many who’ve been old enough to vote the last 5+ years know what a landline is. I just renewed my registration after being dormant since 2008 to vote Beto. Me thinks the polls don’t know everything.