Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Not in Travis County at least.

Which I think is a Dana DeBeauvoir thing, somehow.  She is legitimately a good County Clerk.  One of the few lower level elections where you can feel the difference.  (see all the excellent real time voter info she is putting out on Travis County votes).

Many in the caravan are Evangelical Christians who claim they’re targeted for death due to their religion. They’re walking here because they have faith in God and they understand the United States to be a place where Evangelical Christians are welcome.

They appear to have forgotten two things: 1) they’re brown; and 2) the people who voted for Donald Trump aren’t really Christians.

• Like 3

I can understand if you want a paper ballot, you need to hit up your precinct as different precincts have different ballots but electronic balloting should allow you to go anywhere.  I assume some counties still push you to your precinct to help with spreading out the volume equally.  At least in the theory.

7 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Many in the caravan are Evangelical Christians who claim they’re targeted for death due to their religion. They’re walking here because they have faith in God and they understand the United States to be a place where Evangelical Christians are welcome.

They appear to have forgotten two things: 1) they’re brown; and 2) the people who voted for Donald Trump aren’t really Christians.

lol... you don't know very many Christians, do you?

15 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

WaPo has an inspiring article of the 90 year old lady that came out of hospice in Grand Prairie to vote for the first time in her life before she died because of how important this election is.  She voted Thursday, died Monday.   Straight Ticket Red.

More like Straight Ticket... Dead.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Well yeah it's a lot of fun when your candidate is going to win and your party will continue owning the state. It's like watching the Texas game against Eastern Illinois tonight.

A lot more elections at stake than Texas.  One side or the other will be happy tonight. However, I pledge not to be a pussy and post a tearful “how do I tell my 7 year old” post if my side loses.

• Like 2

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

A lot more elections at stake than Texas.  One side or the other will be happy tonight. However, I pledge not to be a pussy and post a tearful “how do I tell my 7 year old” post if my side loses.

Yeah, cause a despicable piece of human garbage isn't getting elected President tonight. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:

Yeah, cause a despicable piece of human garbage isn't getting elected President tonight. 

But really, what would have to happen in life for you to respond like this? Death of an infant son or something, right?

32 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Which I think is a Dana DeBeauvoir thing, somehow.  She is legitimately a good County Clerk.  One of the few lower level elections where you can feel the difference.  (see all the excellent real time voter info she is putting out on Travis County votes). 

To get 43.007 done, a county has to have the commissioners and party chairs all agree to it. I hear in some counties its the chairs that are the tough part. In Comal, I've been trying to get them to get it done, but they can't get the chairs to agree. The clerk thinks it would be a great idea (Of course, she also has eSlate machines, so she may not be that good).

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Probably won’t be any Clintons on the ballot for awhile.  

Hillary beat Trump. And Trump committed major crimes to steal that election. This midterm isn't just a fuck you to Trump, it's a return to the original sin, that being, Trump is a traitor and a mobster, and he and his entire family belong in prison.

You should disassociate yourself from his disgusting repugnant rapacious presidency, as you probably did with Bush. My advice is pretend you are a libertarian, because like Nixon and GWB, having voted and supported him will be a shameful moment in your life.

Just now, Agent47 said:

Hillary beat Trump. And Trump committed major crimes to steal that election. This midterm isn't just a fuck you to Trump, it's a return to the original sin, that being, Trump is a traitor and a mobster, and he and his entire family belong in prison.

You should disassociate yourself from his disgusting repugnant rapacious presidency, as you probably did with Bush. My advice is pretend you are a libertarian, because like Nixon and GWB, having voted and supported him will be a shameful moment in your life.

Trump is doing a good job for the country.  Sometimes scummy people can be good leaders.  See Bill Clinton.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

How about this, @OatmealRaisinCookie. You know what my daughter says when I ask her, "Who are the police?"

She answers, without fail, "They're the people who take Mommy away."

The reason she says that is because the police took Mommy away. The reason she didn't get Mommy back was a direct result of changes in policy that Trump implemented. My children were asking me "When is Mommy coming home?" and, after spending countless hours trying to call every lawyer in town, who reassured me with things like, "Well, with Trump in the White House, who knows?" -- to a man, every single lawyer I spoke with said some variation on that theme -- I could only tell my children, "I don't know."

I've been through some shit, my fellow Surly motherfuckers. And no shit even compares to what that time of my life was like. It is easily the worst few days of my life.

And THIS kind of shit's still happening, you see?

Remember the halcyon days of the 1990s when the GOP was the party of "family values?" Trump is the leader of "break-up-your-family values."

If you support Trump, then you oppose my children having their mother, and you oppose me being with my wife. That is what you believe in. It's why you voted for him and stand behind him, right? Those darn brown-skinned people and their anchor babies? You haven't even stopped with that; you are even threatening my childrens' citizenship. If they are not citizens of the USA, then what godforsaken country are they citizens to? This is the only country they know, the country they were born in.

So, you asked. There is my answer. That is what happened in my life. It is because of Trump doing what his supporters asked him to do. It is a horrible thing to want to have happen to someone's family. It happened to mine. And if you can read this and remain unmoved, or even go so far as to think "serves ya right," or any of the other idiotic catch-phrases Trump supporters like to barf out on their keyboards, then go fuck yourself.

Was your wife here illegally?

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

How about this, @OatmealRaisinCookie. You know what my daughter says when I ask her, "Who are the police?"

She answers, without fail, "They're the people who take Mommy away."

The reason she says that is because the police took Mommy away. The reason she didn't get Mommy back was a direct result of changes in policy that Trump implemented. My children were asking me "When is Mommy coming home?" and, after spending countless hours trying to call every lawyer in town, who reassured me with things like, "Well, with Trump in the White House, who knows?" -- to a man, every single lawyer I spoke with said some variation on that theme -- I could only tell my children, "I don't know."

I've been through some shit, my fellow Surly motherfuckers. And no shit even compares to what that time of my life was like. It is easily the worst few days of my life.

And THIS kind of shit's still happening, you see?

Remember the halcyon days of the 1990s when the GOP was the party of "family values?" Trump is the leader of "break-up-your-family values."

If you support Trump, then you oppose my children having their mother, and you oppose me being with my wife. That is what you believe in. It's why you voted for him and stand behind him, right? Those darn brown-skinned people and their anchor babies? You haven't even stopped with that; you are even threatening my childrens' citizenship. If they are not citizens of the USA, then what godforsaken country are they citizens to? This is the only country they know, the country they were born in.

So, you asked. There is my answer. That is what happened in my life. It is because of Trump doing what his supporters asked him to do. It is a horrible thing to want to have happen to someone's family. It happened to mine. And if you can read this and remain unmoved, or even go so far as to think "serves ya right," or any of the other idiotic catch-phrases Trump supporters like to barf out on their keyboards, then go fuck yourself.

So you are a citizen and your non-criminal wife is not legally in the country and then was deported for some reason? That is a bizarre story and I'm sorry it happened to you and your family. I don't think anyone will begrudge you for how you feel or believe and whatever actions you deem appropriate in response. Thanks for sharing.

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If I say I voted, am I virtue signalling?

If I say I didn’t vote, am I sticking it to the man?

Does anybody really know what time it is?

Does anybody really care?

it's 2:30 pm CST on tuesday, november 6, 2018, and OU still sucks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Trump is doing a good job for the country.  Sometimes scummy people can be good leaders.  See Bill Clinton.  

Germans said the same about Hitler. Trump is a piece of shit and you're one for supporting him. You can't disassociate yourself from him. That's who you are and who every republican who hasn't disowned the GOP is. Just like everyone who supported Hitler is a Nazi, even if they didn't turn on the gas. I hope you have multiple aneurisms tonight when Beto wins.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

I appreciate Oatmeal coming more and more out of the closet as just another right-wing troll idiot. Always good to drop facades as some kind of well-intentioned, good-faith centrist moderate.

We're at the literally-posting-stuff-from-the-Hillary-thread level.

RAHOWA in 6 months.

What are you talking about my man? I was showing some empathy and common sense kindness and you respond with some fantasy of me coming out in full nazi regalia and trolling folks.

If you are talking about posting that lady who screams, I'm sorry but that woman should be roundly ridiculed by both sides of the aisle as mentally ill in a show of lowest hanging fruit bipartisanship.

Anyways, as long as people vote and it sounds like people are in record numbers, I think we will get the government we deserve and I respect that, no matter who wins. 

5 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Germans said the same about Hitler. Trump is a piece of shit and you're one for supporting him. You can't disassociate yourself from him. That's who you are and who every republican who hasn't disowned the GOP is. Just like everyone who supported Hitler is a Nazi, even if they didn't turn on the gas. I hope you have multiple aneurisms tonight when Beto wins.

You sound like a happy, well-adjusted human being.  I wish you well and certainly don’t wish you any aneurysms.  

• Like 1

Just now, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Anyways, as long as people vote and it sounds like people are in record numbers, I think we will get the government we deserve and I respect that, no matter who wins. 

I think that we should reconsider this whole idea of universal suffrage. 

13 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

Johnny, like most people who still identify as Republicans, is incapable of feeling shame. It's their superpower.