Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Damn, you go girl.

Wish she was in my district - I’d not only vote for her, I’d be first in line to volunteer for a candidate like that.

Yeah, it’s a great ad but that ad doesn’t work without a charismatic candidate with the right message.

I voted for W twice, McCain, and Romney. Trump and the Texas GOP flipped me to solid blue. Fuck trump, fuck Cruz, fuck Dan Patrick, and fuck htownaggy and his kid jails. Still conservative on plenty of issues but sometimes you have to see the bigger picture. Trump and all that he stands for is terrible for America and the world.
So you voted for Democrat lite (aka liberal Republicans) and the political elite. And btw, Fuck Dan Patrick. People like you make me glad Trump won and is destroying the left/right narrative. He's so imperfect that he'll win again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

It was made to be a 3 minute viral web video and appears to be successful. Now she can take all those small donations that'll come in and buy 30 second thought spots.

Texas 31 is R+10 but is the type of suburban district that could flip in a blue wave. I don't know much about John Carter.

5 hours ago, horncyclist said:

It was made to be a 3 minute viral web video and appears to be successful. Now she can take all those small donations that'll come in and buy 30 second thought spots.

Texas 31 is R+10 but is the type of suburban district that could flip in a blue wave. I don't know much about John Carter.

John Carter is a Republican that doesn’t make inflammatory statements often. He supports the military and pays lips service to education often. Hes basically the perfect candidate for this district right now. I think the district looks much more purple in a few years and he will retire so it will be interesting to see what happens. 

No you won’t “listen.”  You’ll just troll on. 
I see Vince McCoy Williams Darrell Shipley Tucker Mack brown and the cyclone guy are giving each other a lot of rep over a lot of worthless posts. It is a surly advantage over the shag that rep is broadcast for the rest of the site to see. 

Meh, highest rep is either based on naked pics or cloak room. Pretty easy to tell who is who. The rest of us hang in the basement drinking beer and rubbernecking the whole thing.

6 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

John Carter is a Republican that doesn’t make inflammatory statements often. He supports the military and pays lips service to education often. Hes basically the perfect candidate for this district right now. I think the district looks much more purple in a few years and he will retire so it will be interesting to see what happens. 

He’s a tea party guy, but I think he sees the writing on the wall in 31. Especially as the Round Rock / Leander / Georgetown area explodes with new Texans...many from California and other liberal states and many former Austinites that got priced out of the central city. 

A potential debate would have a chance to change 10’s of voters opinions in a normal senatorial election in Texas. I’m sure they’ve happened in the past. But I’m also pretty sure that the only people that watch non-presidential debates are people who have already picked their horse and aren’t changing their mind easily. Everyone else doesn’t even know they happen. 

Of course, this isn’t a normal election year, so maybe it’d be dofferent. 

On 6/20/2018 at 8:59 PM, Celery Man said:

Wow, the gerrymandering done in 2010 should be declared unconstitutional. This is disappointing and just what a lot of Trump voters used to vote for him. Supreme Court justice .appointment

1 hour ago, Texas73 said:

Wow, the gerrymandering done in 2010 should be declared unconstitutional. This is disappointing and just what a lot of Trump voters used to vote for him. Supreme Court justice .appointment

Well, when you understand that the GOP electoral strategy is to govern as a minority party that (1) gerrymanders a 3%+ advantage, and (2) purposefully and deliberately seeks to disenfranchise folks likely to vote for the other party, you understand their entire plan.

The GOP doesn't need to win a majority to run this country.  They just have to tilt the game in their favor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, when you understand that the GOP electoral strategy is to govern as a minority party that (1) gerrymanders a 3%+ advantage, and (2) purposefully and deliberately seeks to disenfranchise folks likely to vote for the other party, you understand their entire plan.

The GOP doesn't need to win a majority to run this country.  They just have to tilt the game in their favor.

Good news, Trump has proven if you give him a 3% house edge, he's going to still figure out how to declare bankruptcy.  Let's hope that trend continues.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Message Board User said:

The anticipated attendance at these Beto town hall events are very impressive - over 5000 apparently will be attending an event in San Antonio Friday night.

If that's the one at Burleson Yard Beer Garden - good luck. LOVE BYBG, but it aint gonna hold near that many.

On 6/25/2018 at 5:31 AM, RayDog said:

The latest UT/TT poll has Cruz at 41 and Beto at 36. It ran from the 8th to 17th so it does not include all recent effects of the immigration issues.

Paxton may be in trouble leading 32 to 31. 

UT/TT poll

Several things of note in that poll. The most significant might be the indication that Mike Collier's excellent campaigning work is paying off. 

Also note this- Cruz, Collier and Justin Nelson are all campaigning hard well outside of the TDP campaign system. Lupe Valdez is campaigning from inside that system. Each of those three are overperforming this stage while Valdez is stuck on the baseline. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

5 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Several things of note in that poll. The most significant might be the indication that Mike Collier's excellent campaigning work is paying off. 

Also note this- Cruz, Collier and Justin Nelson are all campaigning hard well outside of the TDP campaign system. Lupe Valdez is campaigning from inside that system. Each of those three are overperforming this stage while Valdez is stuck on the baseline. 

Don't know much about Texas politics, but that doesn't surprise me.  The party is having a hard time catching up to what is going on.  At least they are doing a better job of staying out of the way.   

14 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

Bless your heart. Cruz holds a double digit lead, poor Beto is going to get beat-o come November.

Yeah he probably is but mostly because yousuckinDallas. Hold that rope though. It's probably your last hurrah. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

53 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

Bless your heart. Cruz holds a double digit lead, poor Beto is going to get beat-o come November.

Polls don't mean jack shit except for those you actually go to and vote.

You are going to be very disappointed come November if you support Cruz and the Right.

Americans are pissed and they are going to show up and vote.

44 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Polls don't mean jack shit except for those you actually go to and vote.

You are going to be very disappointed come November if you support Cruz and the Right.

Americans are pissed and they are going to show up and vote.

LOL.  

That blue wave is going to be a red tsunami.

14 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

LOL.  

That blue wave is going to be a red tsunami.

Aren't you a guy who adamantly opposes police brutality and corruption? Do you really think the GOP wants to work towards solving these issues? They seem to be the least likely party to appear "soft" on crime, but you keep on fucking that chicken.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Lol you have to be such a douche to put out one of those "in this house we believe" signs. 

Why do you have to be a douche to put this sign out?  I know several people in Travis Heights in Austin who have the sign and they are not douches. 

5 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Why do you have to be a douche to put this sign out?  I know several people in Travis Heights in Austin who have the sign and they are not douches. 

Political lawn and/or statement signs - okay.  Political bumper stickers of any type - douche.  Stick figure family bumper stickers - super douche.