Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

So when is too late to donate? Been spending a lot on travel but could spare a few bucks come October. I guess I’m asking, when will my humble contribution do the most good for Beto? Now? Month out? Week of election? Thanks in advance... as to debate style, not sure on beto’s best tactic. Agree going negative would be trashing his positive/policy focus only stance but also think the above poster is right and Cruz crumbles against a bully. Hope I can watch from out of state

Edited by achooloco
  • Like 1

So when us too late to donate? Been spending a lot on travel but could spare a few bucks come October. I guess I’m asking, when will my humble contribution do the most good for Beto? Now? Month out? Week of election? Thanks in advance... as to debate style, not sure on beto’s best tactic. Agree going negative would be trashing his positive/policy focus only stance but also think the above poster is right and Cruz crumbles against a bully. Hope I can watch from out of state
I imagine right up until election day. Next reporting deadline is Sept 30 if you can spare something before then.

37 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is exactly what I hoped the other Rs would do when they were debating doodle von fuckface in 2016.  Literally just pretend like he wasn't there and go on about their platforms.  Trump wouldn't know what to do if they didn't respond to his jabs.  But unfortunately, none could.

Rep for doodle von fuckface. Because they literally could have been all 17 retards on stage 

5 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
7 minutes ago, achooloco said:
So when us too late to donate? Been spending a lot on travel but could spare a few bucks come October. I guess I’m asking, when will my humble contribution do the most good for Beto? Now? Month out? Week of election? Thanks in advance... as to debate style, not sure on beto’s best tactic. Agree going negative would be trashing his positive/policy focus only stance but also think the above poster is right and Cruz crumbles against a bully. Hope I can watch from out of state

Read more  

I imagine right up until election day. Next reporting deadline is Sept 30 if you can spare something before then.

I’ve wondered the same thing.  I want my contribution, the first political contribution I’ve ever made, to count and count big.

I’ll make a contribution this weekend and hope that Beto get a metric shit-ton more.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

What it means is Cruz realizes he could lose, so he’s willing to debate even on dates that don’t coincide with high school football games for two reasons. (1) he looks like a puss if he doesn’t agree to it and (2) the guy who is potentially behind always wants more debates. Right now Cruz and Beto are basically even as far as we know, but the republicans nationally calling in the cavalry means they may know something more than we know, and they may believe Cruz is actually behind. 

On the one hand, I could see Trump wanting to hit up Texas to raise money for 2020.  And Trump does not forget people who have snubbed him in the past.

On the other hand, I don't see Cruz swallowing what little pride he has left, and inviting Trump in unless it's dire.

And for Trump to so readily agree makes me think Trump is worried Cruz could lose as well, which would be very bad for Trump.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, I could see Trump wanting to hit up Texas to raise money for 2020.  And Trump does not forget people who have snubbed him in the past.

On the other hand, I don't see Cruz swallowing what little pride he has left, and inviting Trump in unless it's dire.

And for Trump to so readily agree makes me think Trump is worried Cruz could lose as well, which would be very bad for Trump.

What are you talking about?  It's already happened.  Lt Dan went to the White House groveling for help from POTUS a couple months ago.

42 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
44 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Read more  

Thx!

• Fuck You 1

I'm pumped about these debates. Cruz's weaselly persona will be amplified standing next to and debating with Beto. I don't see undecideds opting for Cruz after these debates are over. 

And can some actually provide some video of Cruz being a good debater as a politician? I don't give a fuck what debating awards he won while at Harvard.  He's an unlikeable tub of lard. Literally no one in Washington likes him. Why would voters be charmed?

• Like 1

I'm pumped about these debates. Cruz's weaselly persona will be amplified standing next to and debating with Beto. I don't see undecideds opting for Cruz after these debates are over. 
And can some actually provide some video of Cruz being a good debater as a politician? I don't give a fuck what debating awards he won while at Harvard.  He's an unlikeable tub of lard. Literally no one in Washington likes him. Why would voters be charmed?
Will be interesting. Beto will stick to his all positive, all Texan message. Cruz will be on the attack liberal this, liberal that, Beto wants to shoot up your unborn child with heroin. I don't see any way it's a net positive for Cruz.

The people who Cruz appeal to (and don’t get me wrong, somehow there are millions of them) are already locks to vote for him. I can’t imagine any truly undecided person watching these two and deciding that Ted is who they want to side with. There’s a reason every human being who has ever come in contact with Cruz despises him.

Underrated storyline is that Beto’s state tour will be pretty solid debate prep. There’s no way he is asked something he hasn’t already answered, and he knows what plays well with the crowd. He’s even taken questions from the opposition.

Honestly cannot believe Cruz agreed to this. I was convinced he was going to play the “Beto’s scared” card until November. Internals must be terrible.

• Like 1

I hope he asks him why he doesn’t stand up for his Wife 

He should, but not at the beginning and not in the first debate. He needs to lead him in that direction and then get it out there with 10 minutes to go.

The best possible way for the town hall debate to end for Beto would be Cruz explaining why he didn’t stand up for his wife while Beto watches somberly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

He also knows that if he loses his political career and ambitions are probably over so he's desperate.

It's an interesting question that was raised up-thread. Wtf is he going to do if he loses? Someone discounted lobbying as a possibility since everyone hates Ted Cruz.

In case you want to attend any of the debates - 

Thank you for your interest in the debates! Seating is extremely limited. If you are interested in attending a debate, please email your name and phone number to the appropriate email address below:
For debate #1 in Dallas (Sept. 21), pl
ease email debate1@betofortexas.com
For debate #2 in Houston (Sept. 30), please email debate2@betofortexas.com
For debate #3 in San Antonio (Oct. 16), please email debate3@betofortexas.com
Best,
Shellie, Volunteer, Team Beto

11 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

In case you want to attend any of the debates - 

Thank you for your interest in the debates! Seating is extremely limited. If you are interested in attending a debate, please email your name and phone number to the appropriate email address below:
For debate #1 in Dallas (Sept. 21), pl
ease email debate1@betofortexas.com
For debate #2 in Houston (Sept. 30), please email debate2@betofortexas.com
For debate #3 in San Antonio (Oct. 16), please email debate3@betofortexas.com
Best,
Shellie, Volunteer, Team Beto

Team Beto really have their shit together.

Much organized. So efficient.

Even K street hates Ted Cruz. practically impossible to pull off but somehow ted’s done it. It’s a skill only he has. 
If Ted Cruz had a dog it would shit in his bed every night until Ted killed it off. The dog would be much happier that way. 

Need I remind you that Blake Farenthold has a job on K Street. It’s not like they have high standards.

I wonder how many other specialized boards Beto is being represented on as he is here at Surly?   He nor his staff planted any trolls, it is just pure enthusiasm for the guy that as so many of us engaged and supporting him.    That is how social media should work, not like TC relies on Thunderbolt, trolls, bots and other Cambridge Analytic crap to influence people. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Cruz is enough of a smarmy backstabber that I could see him trying to primary Cornyn.

I would love to see this.  Cornyn would utterly destroy him.  And Cruz would pretty much destroy any future career in politics or lobbying that he dreams of.  

If Cruz loses to Beto, I think his political career is over anyways.  He’ll go to some law firm.  Too many Republicans will be furious with him, both for losing, and for wasting a lot of money that was needed elsewhere.  His touch will be toxic.  

I don’t think republicans are dumping a bunch of money on Cruz because they have internals showing anything much different than the public polls. I just think they understand the importance of this race and the place Texas holds in national politics.

Beto winning would be a big step in creating a plan of how to turn Texas blue. Of course, all of this is happening while Texas demographics are becoming more blue friendly by the day. A decent cruz win and they weather the storm in a blue year against a very capable (understatement) challenger. Easy to make the case for Texas staying red in statewide elections for another decade.