Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

any estimates on projected turnout for this general election for U.S. Senate in Texas?  Mid-term years have hovered in mid-4mm range.  I'm sure every Democrat the anti-Trump swell will bring out 10 million Texans.  But realistically, I'm not seeing any more than 5mm, tops.  Any other projections out there to share?  

If it's holding at 4%, and just assume it's that and not within the bandwidth or margin of error.  And you get 5,000,000 turnout.  200,000 votes swings the election. 

Let's get Dikeman 200,000.  A Libertarian in this state, even in mid-terms gets 100,000+.  Nevermind the frustration with Cruz and the GOP right now that many of us have who would never vote for a Democrat for U.S. Senate at this juncture.  

Dikeman is the focus, not the Beto yard-signs  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

any estimates on projected turnout for this general election for U.S. Senate in Texas?  Mid-term years have hovered in mid-4mm range.  I'm sure every Democrat the anti-Trump swell will bring out 10 million Texans.  But realistically, I'm not seeing any more than 5mm, tops.  Any other projections out there to share?  

If it's holding at 4%, and just assume it's that and not within the bandwidth or margin of error.  And you get 5,000,000 turnout.  200,000 votes swings the election. 

Let's get Dikeman 200,000.  A Libertarian in this state, even in mid-terms gets 100,000+.  Nevermind the frustration with Cruz and the GOP right now that many of us have who would never vote for a Democrat for U.S. Senate at this juncture.  

Dikeman is the focus, not the Beto yard-signs  

Good discussion point.  The polls and discussion don't bring up the point that Libertarians (& other 3rd party candidates)  received 4% & 3% of the total votes in 2014 and 2012.    There could definitely be some Republicans that vote Dikeman because they can't vote for a Democrat and they don't like Cruz.  Maybe a few Democrats do the same for the opposite reason.

You never know how this will contribute to the winner.

I'm just doing math.  LIbertarian resources and polling say Dikeman can do 100,000 votes just based on the "L" after his name (he's on a statewide campus tour right now).  History bears that number out to be quite realistic.  I think Beto can maintain 3-4% differential on Cruz.  You get 100,000 more anti-Democrats or anti-current GOP state of affairs voters to come out for Dikeman, Cruz is toast.  That's the new endgame.  

20 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

How long before Cruz is speaking out in support of that border patrol agent serial killer?

"Mr. Ortiz is a fine upstanding individual. I've known Mr. Ortiz for 12 years, we are both active members of the Southwest Serial Killer Association and he consistently adds great value to our organization."  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Horndog said:

Interesting to see what Senator Rafael's response will be to the Kavanaugh sexual assault accusation.

1. Youthful indiscretion . . . irrelevant years later when we know so much about his character . . . a man should not be judged by his worst moment . . .  yada yada.   Which would be very ironic in light of his attack ads about Beto's DWI arrest 20+ years ago. 

2. The accusation comes too late to delay the vote . . . Dems should have brought this up earlier . . . yada yada.  You know, because the timing is much more important than the possible substance of the allegation and the very real possibility that a lifetime SCOTUS appointment will go to a man with a sexual assault in his background.

3. It doesn't matter if it's true . . . I'm voting for him anyway . . . true conservative and constitutional scholar . . . yada yada.   Because adherence to conservative "principles" is much more important that actual character and integrity  --  with the risk that he further infuriates women voters who may view sexual assault a bit differently. 

4. Crickets.  At least until he sees which way the wind is blowing. 

I'm guessing crickets.  

Another sign Ted Cruz is worried. Very measured statement that he clearly would never issue otherwise. 

Visited the in-laws in Oak Hill (south Austin for those who don't know) and was amazed by the number of Beto signs. Saw 2 Cruz signs and literally dozens of Beto signs in their neighborhood. Of course, Beto needs to do big business in places like Austin if he hopes to win, but I was amazed at the sheer number of signs.

Edited by MidTexHorn

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

Really wondering if Beto has considered gradually doing larger venues in the major cities as we get closer to November. 

doensn't get much bigger or redder than Plano (outside the obvious DFW/HOU/SA/ATX)

I agree with the number of signs.  I know people are gonna vote for Cruz, but it's something for the most part you do not want your neighbors knowing about.  I will say that I have seen a few Cruz signs in Corpus, but not with the levels of support I have seen in Austin and surprising inside the look in Houston.

I will also say that I am shocked that my 19 year old daughter and her friends are swearing they are all going to vote. So if they are 50% honest that's a lot of new voters for Beto.

• Like 1

More misleading attacks from Cruz. I voted for funding for A. Beto voted against funding for B. Therefore, Beto is against funding A.

Any guesses on quinnipac poll tomorrow? I'll go with 2 point lead, 47-45.
The past few polls have been showing 2-4 percent Cruz lead and I don't think much has happened to change that. Gimmie Cruz +3.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Large sized Beto sign near 360 and 2222 defaced with red spray paint and “Trump” spelled out several times. WTF I don’t ever remember this level of vitriol. I’ll try and see if I can flip the signs around tomorrow.

Pretty close to the area where I saw the “V” placed over the B in Beto with red tape that was quickly removed.