Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

19 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I find it really hard to believe that you don't care given how frequently you post in the political sub?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He's a Republican who is voting for Cruz but doesn't want to be castrated for it on this board. 

Sidenote: My high school would play Frisco High and we would always say "castrate the coons" before leaving the huddle.  Now I realize there are so many things wrong with that phrase. 

Beto. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Was hanging in Austin this weekend and one of my best friends in the entire world gave me an impassioned "vote for Beto" speech. I told him I don't vote but he begged and made me promise I would vote for Beto.

So now, I'm voting for Beto, because it really means a lot to him and he's my best friend and so, sure, I'll do what I can to make him happy since this is meaningless to me.

That means I've come 'round full circle from my first post on this thread to now. How funny is that?

How about you get the fuck over yourself you sniveling attention whore.

• Like 6

Every Facebook article I read on Beto, the comment section always has the same stupid complaints as Johnny Sack about his nickname.  It's amazing because for all of the mouth breathing "Beto is appropriating Hispanic culture for votes" crowd, we all know what you'd be saying if he actually campaigned under "Robert."

"'Beto' is such a phony! Robert 'Beto' Francis O'Rourke doesn't want you to know he has been living a lie his entire life with that nickname.  He won't campaign with what's basically been his real name his entire life because he doesn't want you to know he's for open borders!" 

Very few of the accounts look like bots based on  24 hour activity/use of automation services (and there's a helpful button to make the tweet easy for humans to copy). There's a big caveat though - many of the accounts have too few tweets to perform this test.

DnBe4keVsAEboEX?format=jpg&name=900x900

Of the 9014 accounts that duplicated the tweet, 908 (9.4%) have default profile pics, and 1610 (16.7%) have fewer than 100 followers. This doesn't prove the accounts are automated, but does suggest the presence of sockpuppets, whether human or automated.

One more thing: only slightly over a quarter of the accounts that give location information on their profiles actually seem to be from Texas. This includes the very first account we found that posted the tweet, @kevinobrien1963, which claims Chicago residence.

DnBe_A1U4AEVLnL?format=jpg&name=900x900

DnBfAj-V4AEbfTP?format=jpg&name=large

The only thing is (and I have donated to and am voting for Beto) is based on Beto making national appearances on Ellen & Colbert and I am sure engendering his fair share of tweets etc from outside Texas is that I am not sure it makes a shit that Cruz is getting tweets of support generated from Chicago.

Cruz is desperate and the fact that Rs are having to throw $ at Texas, that Trump is appearing and that Cruz is now agreeing to debate at all is a huge win. At one point I think Beto's campaign was aiming for a moral victory, now it is feeling like he wins this thing.

Cruz vs Beto on TV will be Nixon vs Kennedy pt 2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

The only thing is (and I have donated to and am voting for Beto) is based on Beto making national appearances on Ellen & Colbert and I am sure engendering his fair share of tweets etc from outside Texas is that I am not sure it makes a shit that Cruz is getting tweets of support generated from Chicago.

Cruz is desperate and the fact that Rs are having to throw $ at Texas, that Trump is appearing and that Cruz is now agreeing to debate at all is a huge win. At one point I think Beto's campaign was aiming for a moral victory, now it is feeling like he wins this thing.

Cruz vs Beto on TV will be Nixon vs Kennedy pt 2.

i cant wait for Trump to come down and campaign for Cruz. its going to be so much fun watching him campaign while his former campaign manager is rolling over on him again, and again, and then again. wonder who will be indicted and flipped next.

Just now, Longhorn94 said:

i cant wait for Trump to come down and campaign for Cruz. its going to be so much fun watching him campaign while his former campaign manager is rolling over on him again, and again, and then again. wonder who will be indicted and flipped next.

Just the baggage from the presidential campaign as well between he and Cruz. Beto has really taken high ground this campaign as he could easily keep playing this chord.

5 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Trump asked for the “biggest stadium,” and it’s been suggested Kroger/Kyle Field satisfies that notion. 

Wouldn’t aggyland be the ideal location for a slobbering sycophantic rally of the dotard and Ted?

Only if they play Sandstorm.  And if Listeater makes an appearance.

Edited by atomheartbevo

I think the debates will play out in a way that both sides claim victory. Cruz is a smart humanoid. He fares poorly when bullied. He probably has flashbacks to his schoolboy days of being bullied on the playground. Trump was the perfect foil for Cruz's national champion debate skills. Beto will be smart and compassionate and caring. He will come off like he always does and show well for himself. Cruz will show to be the fake human he is, full of one liners and mountains of i know whats best for you condescending tones. I dont expect the debates to move the needle one way or the other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Don't take Ted's bait and highlight the grandstanding cunt he is by offering actual ideas.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wonder if it would bug Cruz, if Ted was attacking/trying to bait him, and he just ignored him and focused on presenting his ideas.  People like Cruz who are proud of their debate skills get pissed when they are ignored in a debate.

Sent from my shitter using Keyboard

5 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

It's funny watching Russians suddenly discover Willie's liberal.

This. It’s really dumb that new outlets are reporting that Willie “fans” are turning on him. When are people going to start realizing that well over half of comments sections of major internet sites are just people being paid to comment for whatever side is paying them to do so. Some Russian paid, some republican paid, and even some paid by dems. You don’t have to be Russian to collect a check from them. Just ignore that bullshit. It’s totally meaningless. 

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I wonder if it would bug Cruz, if Ted was attacking/trying to bait him, and he just ignored him and focused on presenting his ideas.  People like Cruz who are proud of their debate skills get pissed when they are ignored in a debate.

Sent from my shitter using Keyboard

This is exactly what I hoped the other Rs would do when they were debating doodle von fuckface in 2016.  Literally just pretend like he wasn't there and go on about their platforms.  Trump wouldn't know what to do if they didn't respond to his jabs.  But unfortunately, none could.

• Like 1

Neither Brexit nor Trump happen without the internet. The Russians realized the power to influence such matters with the populace before we did. Props to them for that I guess. No doubt because they have been in a position of weakness for so long so they looked for another angle while we didn’t really consider it. Well they found one and it worked.

But it worked too good in my opinion, and now the backlash is currently ongoing. Which is why their sychophants like Alex and trump are currently bitchin about the internet companies and their “censorship.” 

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

The fact that they are debating on the dates and format now agreed upon means that Beto, in essence, won the first "debate."

What it means is Cruz realizes he could lose, so he’s willing to debate even on dates that don’t coincide with high school football games for two reasons. (1) he looks like a puss if he doesn’t agree to it and (2) the guy who is potentially behind always wants more debates. Right now Cruz and Beto are basically even as far as we know, but the republicans nationally calling in the cavalry means they may know something more than we know, and they may believe Cruz is actually behind.