Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Racist?   By pointing out cultural appropriation?   Okay.  

The very fact that your IQ is high enough for you to KNOW he isn't appropriating anything yet you still trot out that fear-mongering right-wing trope tells me you're (a) a true believer who can't use your big brain to get around your own bigotry and (b) you're a racist shitbag.

• Like 9

Just now, GopherRock said:

Beto keeping the powder dry for the stretch run? 

It looks that way. He’s certainly got the $ to launch a home stretch negative campaign. By holding until now, it leaves less time for Cruz to react, and it’ll cost even more out of state GOP $$$ to defend. 

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Explain how going by the same nickname since being a small child is "cultural appropriation?" If you truly believe this, I guess you also think we need to change the name of this state we call home.

The irony of Ted cruz complaining about Medicare being bankrupted when he's likely to line up behind whining Mitch and vote to gut it and social security is too much.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/mcconnell-calls-deficit-very-disturbing-blames-federal-spending-dismisses-criticism-of-tax-cut/2018/10/16/a5b93da0-d15c-11e8-8c22-fa2ef74bd6d6_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1e8efb3d54cc

Explain how going by the same nickname since being a small child is "cultural appropriation?" If you truly believe this, I guess you also think we need to change the name of this state we call home.

Well, see, what you have to understand is, Johnny is a lying POS.

He actually KNOWS that people from the border region regularly go by nicknames that are often a hodgepodge of both English and Spanish. Shit, my GIVEN name is Spanish...yet I answered to multiple nicknames, some of English origin, some of Spanish origin.

Because that is the way of the border.

Johnny’s way is just the way of the asshole. Which makes him a perfect fit for a Cruz-shaped dildo.

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Rafael Edward Cruz, Senate candidate for Nuevo Reino de Filipinas (the OG name before Coahuila y Tejas)

Edited by Js1

I actually saw some right wing tool (Department of Redundancy Department) explaining on TV that it is not cultural appropriation for Rafael Edward Cruz to go by his nickname "Ted", because he is correctly trying to assimilate, but it IS cultural appropriation for Robert O'Rourke to go by his nickname "Beto", because he's pandering for votes.

Felito should have a cigar and rum habit, watch baseball and jai alai, play congas, and wear only Guayaberas. If he wants to honor his mom, he can eat poutine, drink Labatt's, and say "eh?" and "oot the hoose."

But instead he culturally appropriates the lifestyle of the overly religious Westside Houston megachurch Christian. Sad.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

More likely restored with a Hyundai drive train and some mix and match Peugeot and Nissan bits for good measure.  

I saw an article a while back that said a lot of those vintage cars have been converted to diesel.  Oh, the humanity.

having slept on it, i think cruz did more to lose the debate than beto did to win it. 

cruz's problem is that his attacks come off as slimy, because he is slimy. when beto came in with the lyin' ted gloss, i nearly lost it. but he left open several opportunities to press his attack. he's somewhat fortunate that mr debate champion is terrible at debate optics.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

having slept on it, i think cruz did more to lose the debate than beto did to win it. 

cruz's problem is that his attacks come off as slimy, because he is slimy. when beto came in with the lyin' ted gloss, i nearly lost it. but he left open several opportunities to press his attack. he's somewhat fortunate that mr debate champion is terrible at debate optics.

Give Ted a break.  It takes a lot of effort just for him to keep his human suit on for 2 hours.  Normally, he can only keep it on for 30 minutes before he has to shed it like D'onofrio in Men in Black.

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I saw an article a while back that said a lot of those vintage cars have been converted to diesel.  Oh, the humanity.

I went to Cuba a couple years ago and posted a lot of pics over on the scat site.  The ingenuity of those people to keep their cars up and running was amazing.  Very, very few are original underneath the metal.  Most of them have been converted to something, with diesel being the most popular because (a) available and (b) cheap.

• Like 1

The irony of Ted cruz complaining about Medicare being bankrupted when he's likely to line up behind whining Mitch and vote to gut it and social security is too much.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/mcconnell-calls-deficit-very-disturbing-blames-federal-spending-dismisses-criticism-of-tax-cut/2018/10/16/a5b93da0-d15c-11e8-8c22-fa2ef74bd6d6_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1e8efb3d54cc

Why should they stop? They have been doing this foe years and getting away with it. Last night the idiot talked about all the money that rolled in under Ronald Reagan’s Presidency and ignored the other part of the equation. He also mentioned we have a spending problem not a revenue problem. Felito has all the 2000s era talking points down and he keep finding suckers.

Just now, Nivek said:

Also I love how Ted discusses being a basketball coach that doesn’t coach or go to games. My guess is that he chose basketball because Obama clowned him about the the basketball “ring”.

He did beat Jimmy Kimmel at 1 on 1.  Not that Kimmel could ever be considered an athlete.

Did not get to see the debate.  Already said I am supporting Beto.  It is possible the polls are wrong.  In the 2016 potus election, the polls had a hard time catching up with enthusiasm.  I think Beto has a legit chance because he works really hard at it and he has momentum.  Te bad thing for him is that while Cruz is not charismatic he is not nearly as bad as Hillary so he will get votes.  If I had to guess today, Cruz 51-49.

16 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Why should they stop? They have been doing this foe years and getting away with it. Last night the idiot talked about all the money that rolled in under Ronald Reagan’s Presidency and ignored the other part of the equation. He also mentioned we have a spending problem not a revenue problem. Felito has all the 2000s era talking points down and he keep finding suckers.

like i said, we're still paying interest on the debt reagan incurred

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I went to Cuba a couple years ago and posted a lot of pics over on the scat site.  The ingenuity of those people to keep their cars up and running was amazing.  Very, very few are original underneath the metal.  Most of them have been converted to something, with diesel being the most popular because (a) available and (b) cheap.

Also, biodiesel is really easy to formulate in a warm climate

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

These baldfaced lies coming from Cruz and other regarding preexisting conditions and protecting Medicare are some of the most awful and obscene things I've ever seen.  Blatant - up is down, down is up - lies about literal life and death issues.  

12 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

These baldfaced lies coming from Cruz and other regarding preexisting conditions and protecting Medicare are some of the most awful and obscene things I've ever seen.  Blatant - up is down, down is up - lies about literal life and death issues.  

People like JohnnySack believe it so it doesnt matter. 

6 hours ago, horncyclist said:

He's very close. Nate Silver was in an article a day or two ago talking about how the media is fucking no up polling again. In his model, Beto went from 1 in 3 chance to a 1 in 5 chance in the last month or so. That's not that huge of a change but the media narrative has been Beto is done.

What is 7 points in terms of votes?

That's about a 40% drop (going from 33% to 20%) which I would say is a huge change.

That's about a 40% drop (going from 33% to 20%) which I would say is a huge change.
I guess huge wasn't the right word. A lot of the reporting in the last couple weeks has been "he's done," and that's not how I things have changed.

Here's the article I was referring to. Nate Silver explains it better.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/nate-silver-will-make-one-firm-prediction-about-the-midterms-most-journalists-wont-want-to-hear-it/2018/10/15/e66d9cc8-d0b3-11e8-b2d2-f397227b43f0_story.html

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Welcome to politics.......................ain't nothing changed.