Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If only there was a way to maybe cross reference the fan fiction you just made up with the actual position of the Republican Party. Too bad there isn't a readily available party platform that has the Republican Party's position on all these issues. Oh yeah, there is a super clear platform. Let's use the Texas one since that is where we live! 

Abortion-you know the position. Pro life people are concerned about the rights of the fetus, another individual. But don’t worry, abortion is going nowhere.

Going nowhere eh? Not if the Republicans have anything to say about it! 

"We urge the federal congressional delegation from Texas to take immediate action, under the authority extended to them in Article III of the Constitution of the United States, to put forth legislation remanding all authority over abortion to the individual states and removing all standing on the issue of abortion from the federal judiciary." 

Gay marriage- Republicans have been slower to come around to this, but it’s happening as I posted earlier. 

I don't actually know what you are attempting to say here, it is indeed "happening" but no thanks to the Republicans: 

"We affirm God’s biblical design for marriage and sexual behavior between one biological man and one biological woman, which has proven to be the foundation for all great nations in Western civilization. We oppose homosexual marriage, regardless of state of origin."

Immigration- I think just about everyone outside of strict libertarians would say there should be some government involvement in maintaining our borders. 

A cute straw man, but Republicans don't call for "some" government involvement, they want that dang wall! 

"We expect both the Texas Legislature and the United States Congress to make a priority of allocating funds to effectively secure the border through whatever means necessary, including but not limited to barriers, a border wall, or fence everywhere along the border where it is feasible and useful, as well as personnel and technology over land, sea, and air."

Marijuana legalization- Again, going to happen.  Possibly under Trump. I don’t hear many Rs calling for stronger penalties or more intervention on this. Government will recede over time here. 

You are correct! Look at you, actually knowing a position of the party you so fervently support. I'm so proud of you right now. 

Gay rights- how are Rs using the state to discriminate against gays?  The cake baker case?

We'd be here all day if I posted every part of the platform that discriminates against gays. But yeah, you nailed it, the cake baker case. Brilliant. Ok fine, just one: 

"We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values."

Trans rights- I honestly know nothing about trans rights other than DoD wanted to restrict them from military.  I’m not as upset about that as y’all will want me to be. 

I don't know nothin' bout them queer trannys and I don't care! Yee Haw! But your party sums up its position quite succinctly:

"We oppose all efforts to validate transgender identity."

So please continue to write your fan fiction of what the Republican party believes. Don't let facts or reason or evidence get in the way of the made up party you are a member of in your head. And maybe, just maybe, stop posting so much god damn stupid shit on this board. 

https://www.texasgop.org/platform/

Damn.  Do I at least get an assist?

• Like 1

If only there was a way to maybe cross reference the fan fiction you just made up with the actual position of the Republican Party. Too bad there isn't a readily available party platform that has the Republican Party's position on all these issues. Oh yeah, there is a super clear platform. Let's use the Texas one since that is where we live! 
Abortion-you know the position. Pro life people are concerned about the rights of the fetus, another individual. But don’t worry, abortion is going nowhere.
"We urge the federal congressional delegation from Texas to take immediate action, under the authority extended to them in Article III of the Constitution of the United States, to put forth legislation remanding all authority over abortion to the individual states and removing all standing on the issue of abortion from the federal judiciary." 
Gay marriage- Republicans have been slower to come around to this, but it’s happening as I posted earlier. 
I don't actually know what you are attempting to say here, it is indeed "happening" but no thanks to the Republicans: 
"We affirm God’s biblical design for marriage and sexual behavior between one biological man and one biological woman, which has proven to be the foundation for all great nations in Western civilization. We oppose homosexual marriage, regardless of state of origin."
Immigration- I think just about everyone outside of strict libertarians would say there should be some government involvement in maintaining our borders. 
A cute straw man, but Republicans don't call for "some" government involvement, they want that dang wall! 
"We expect both the Texas Legislature and the United States Congress to make a priority of allocating funds to effectively secure the border through whatever means necessary, including but not limited to barriers, a border wall, or fence everywhere along the border where it is feasible and useful, as well as personnel and technology over land, sea, and air."
Marijuana legalization- Again, going to happen.  Possibly under Trump. I don’t hear many Rs calling for stronger penalties or more intervention on this. Government will recede over time here. 
You are correct! Look at you, actually knowing a position of the party you so fervently support. I'm so proud of you right now. 
Gay rights- how are Rs using the state to discriminate against gays?  The cake baker case?
We'd be here all day if I posted every part of the platform that discriminates against gays. But yeah, you nailed it, the cake baker case. Brilliant. Ok fine, just one: 
"We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values."
Trans rights- I honestly know nothing about trans rights other than DoD wanted to restrict them from military.  I’m not as upset about that as y’all will want me to be. 
I don't know nothin' bout them queer trannys and I don't care! Yee Haw! But your party sums up its position quite succinctly:
So please continue to write your fan fiction of what the Republican party believes. Don't let facts or reason or evidence get in the way of the made up party you are a member of in your head. And maybe, just maybe, stop posting so much god damn stupid shit on this board. 

Rekt.dbb38e88ff530e57867177b2a4367e32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I stand by what I said. 

Continue to fuck off. 

Feeling better? Get you some pedialyte and a Dirty Martin's Sissy burger? Take a good nap, my friend!

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Have to pay you neg back later. Shot my rounds on positive reactions. It's a war if you want it. 

How ya feeling after your nap, little guy? Ready for some of mom’s spaghetti tonight!? No drinking tonight, okay?

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Been at it all day. 

Fuck off 

Dude I was just messing with you because it’s obvious you are a bit slow/off, but I thought in a BurntEyes head injury kind of way, but if your posts are really emotional and paint you as unintelligent merely because you are constantly buzzed my heart actually goes out to you.

It gets better.

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Tribune poll had Ted up 6 and Abbot up way more on Loopy. Ted sucks 

Cruz by 6 in a GOP +6 sample (48-42) sounds about right and it's very similar to the registered voter pool.  But that's not who is showing up to vote early.  Target Smart has TX turnout at 991k R, 689k D, 119k unknown or 55-38 R skewed.  The UT-Trib sample also has 17% slice of 18-29 year olds - reasonable in a presidential year but unrealistic in a mid-term.  The last 2 such elections saw that demo providing 13% of the total vote in 2014 and 12% in 2010.

You can find the internals on the poll here:

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/b0ba5d3ed38208310ab3992573cc9900/ut-tt-201810-summary-1.pdf?_ga=2.15995062.1017550060.1540589480-1954953723.1540316937

21 minutes ago, thepop said:

How worried should we be about this (I realize it's already posted)

worried because it seems like an actual thing that is in fact happening in more than just a few instances, and there's realistically not going to be anything done about it.  How the fuck?  That'd make a really close Cruz victory just that much more bitter.  Of course it could be solid victory and then meh (but we should go back to paper ballots since the government can't be trusted with computers) or Beto could win and then see above.

Beto outraised Cruz $8.5 to $5 million from 10/1 to 10/17. That might result in a last minute surge by Beto.

On a serious note, Texans are proud and tough. Cruz became Trump’s bitch after Trump insulted his wife. I don’t know any Texan that would have put up with that. He doesn’t deserve our vote.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Beto outraised Cruz $8.5 to $5 million from 10/1 to 10/17. That might result in a last minute surge by Beto.

On a serious note, Texans are proud and tough. Cruz became Trump’s bitch after Trump insulted his wife. I don’t know any Texan that would have put up with that. He doesn’t deserve our vote.

well, he was never a Texan in the first place, so there you go

Williamson at 22.81% and Bell at 13.16% is great news for MJ Hegar. Willco should flip to Democrat giving her the lead there while Bell should still tilt Republican. Going into it the two counties looked like the might offset each other making it a close race, but with Willco that far ahead I am liking MJ's chances.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Cruz by 6 in a GOP +6 sample (48-42) sounds about right and it's very similar to the registered voter pool.  But that's not who is showing up to vote early.  Target Smart has TX turnout at 991k R, 689k D, 119k unknown or 55-38 R skewed.  The UT-Trib sample also has 17% slice of 18-29 year olds - reasonable in a presidential year but unrealistic in a mid-term.  The last 2 such elections saw that demo providing 13% of the total vote in 2014 and 12% in 2010.

You can find the internals on the poll here:

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/b0ba5d3ed38208310ab3992573cc9900/ut-tt-201810-summary-1.pdf?_ga=2.15995062.1017550060.1540589480-1954953723.1540316937

How are they determining no party affiliation? 

Weekend weather looks to be perfect across the state, no Cowboys/Texans, and the Horns are on the road and don't play till the evening. Go to the below site, find your nearest pop up office and get active. Even if you only have 30 minutes to spare. It's obvious it's going to take a herculean effort in the final week to win this thing.

https://win.betofortexas.com/

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Weekend weather looks to be perfect across the state. Go to the below site, find your nearest pop up office and get active. It's obvious it's going to take a herculean effort in the final week to win this thing.

https://win.betofortexas.com/

Woah. I was just looking at events listed on the campaign site. This is an awesome tool. This is where the fundraising really shows.

I don't see how Houston could be off. My EV spot has been jampacked all week along and I waited about 30 minutes in a line that went out the door and pretty deep into the parking lot. It's been like that all week -- I kept thinking there would be some day where it would ease up and I could zip in and out but it's just been relentless. Huge parking lot full, people following people to their cars to get their parking spots, etc...

Part of it was because we had a 16-page ballot, but only part of it. This is easily the longest I've waited in line voting either early or on Elec Day. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

31 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I’ve heard this bullshit my entire life, hell I used to believe the myth that Republicans were all about “faith in the common man succeeding when unimpeded by the govt.” Left alone business and humanity will solve all problems. I voted R.

Then I read some books and watched this country for the last 20 years.

It’s a myth and weak cover to allow business to trample all over individual rights, wages, quality of life, the environment, and our long term goals as a nation in exchange for money and power today.
Hell with a little bit of forward thinking and regulation in our earliest days of oil production in Texas would have vastly improved the economy of this state permanently. But nope, gotta cash in today.

6 -12 hour work days per week, acid rain, burning rivers, child labor, superfund sites, unregulated securities exchanges .... I could go on for days.
Just about every improvement we’ve had to quality of life in this country was impeded by those claiming we should keep out of business and have limited government.

The same forces that built are insanely large military and keep waging wars.
Or waged a war on drugs incarcerating millions simply for using drugs.
Or ruined lives because of individual political ideology, or sexual orientation.

BAHAHAHA!  Why not move the fuck out if shit's that bad? 

• Fuck You 19

In 2013, when Ted Cruz told The Des Moines Register that he "despises" avocados, former Dallas freelance journalist (and current podcaster) Liz Goulding proclaimed that Cruz was "no longer fit to serve Texas." She also created bumper stickers — "Ted Cruz: Wrong on avocados, wrong for America" — and even got together with friends, one of whom is a voice actor, to make a political attack ad referencing Cruz's disdain for the cornerstone of guacamole.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/restaurants/in-beto-cruz-texas-senate-race-food-becomes-political-11298988

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jettrink said:

This is a terrible line of logic employed by those with IQs lower than their shoe size.

Wanting and expecting better for your country and its people does not equate to a lack of fondness or appreciation for your country - quite the opposite. Just like teachers or parents - it's when you give up hope, start to not care, and accept the blatant wrongs that it becomes problematic.

In a practical sense moving away is hard. You think anyone is excited to live in Oklahoma? No, but they still do, many for their entire lives. You aren't in control of where you are born or what you're born into, and you aren't always in control of where life takes you. Finding a job, the financial burden of moving, and, what really keeps most people in place when they'd like to move - relationships with family, spouses, friends, etc. These things are not easy fixes and can cause bridges to be burned. Emigrating out of the country is also a bitch in terms of paperwork, approval, and legal status.

But by all means, keep on making an aggy of yourself.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I’ve heard this bullshit my entire life, hell I used to believe the myth that Republicans were all about “faith in the common man succeeding when unimpeded by the govt.” Left alone business and humanity will solve all problems. I voted R.

Then I read some books and watched this country for the last 20 years.

It’s a myth and weak cover to allow business to trample all over individual rights, wages, quality of life, the environment, and our long term goals as a nation in exchange for money and power today.
Hell with a little bit of forward thinking and regulation in our earliest days of oil production in Texas would have vastly improved the economy of this state permanently. But nope, gotta cash in today.

6 -12 hour work days per week, acid rain, burning rivers, child labor, superfund sites, unregulated securities exchanges .... I could go on for days.
Just about every improvement we’ve had to quality of life in this country was impeded by those claiming we should keep out of business and have limited government.

The same forces that built are insanely large military and keep waging wars.
Or waged a war on drugs incarcerating millions simply for using drugs.
Or ruined lives because of individual political ideology, or sexual orientation.

Hyperbole much?

The eastern world, it is explodin',
Violence flarin', bullets loadin',
You're old enough to kill but not for votin',
You don't believe in war, but what's that gun you're totin',
And even the Jordan river has bodies floatin',
But you tell me over and over and over again my friend,
Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.
Don't you understand, what I'm trying to say?
And can't you feel the fears I'm feeling today?
If the button is pushed, there's no running away,
There'll be no one to save with the world in a grave,
Take a look around you, boy, it's bound to scare you, boy,
And you tell me over and over and over again my friend,
Yeah, my blood's so mad, feels like coagulatin',
I'm sittin' here, just contemplatin',
I can't twist the truth, it knows no regulation,
Handful of Senators don't pass legislation,
And marches alone can't bring integration,
When human respect is disintegratin',
This whole crazy world is just too frustratin',
And you tell me over and over and over again my friend,
Think of all the hate there is in Red China!
Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama!
Ah, you may leave here, for four days in space,
But when your return, it's the same old place,
The poundin' of the drums, the pride and disgrace,
You can bury your dead, but don't leave a trace,
Hate your next door neighbor, but don't forget to say grace,
And you tell me over and over and over and over again my friend,
You don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.
No, no, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.

7 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Needs to be photoshopped over a whataburger receipt/pickup number.

I would have except there's no Whataburger in Bridgeport. Had to settle for a sliced sandwich at Raymond's BBQ.

3 hours ago, jettrink said:

Yeah, no, you might wanna be careful what you wish for.  If all non-Trumpkins moved away, all 50 states would look like Alabama, Mississippi, and West Virginia had a baby.

• Like 1