Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Just now, Celery Man said:

stuck with the "seek power" part of his goal.  i'm curious if he was ever serious about defending the constitution

He pretty much calls his shot about a lot of things, right? Didn't he end up going to Princeton and then Harvard Law, have a successful practice of law, get into politics and then run for President and almost gain the R nomination if not but for a bad orange guy?

I couldn't have told you what I was having for breakfast the next week at that age, but maybe I'm the dummy outlier in that (and many other) respects.

19 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Was hanging out with a bunch of Cruz voters today in Austin and they were telling me how uninformed and annoying the GOTV volunteers they've encountered are (which is probably just their bias showing). Many of them troll/keep texting them and leading them on for hours or full days for fun it sounds like.

Anyways, is Oak Hill a Cruz bastion? Saw more Cruz signs than Beto only in that 'hood. Saw Beto literally everywhere else en masse.

No idea what part of Oak Hill you were in, but when I visited my in-laws two weeks ago in Oak Hill there were Beto signs about every third house and they outnumbered Cruz signs easily 20-1. It was overwhelming. In fact, it was almost enough to make me feel bad for my Trump/Cruz loving father in law to be so surrounded by such ridiculous numbers of libruls. 

Was hanging out with a bunch of Cruz voters today in Austin and they were telling me how uninformed and annoying the GOTV volunteers they've encountered are (which is probably just their bias showing). Many of them troll/keep texting them and leading them on for hours or full days for fun it sounds like.
Anyways, is Oak Hill a Cruz bastion? Saw more Cruz signs than Beto only in that 'hood. Saw Beto literally everywhere else en masse.

I don’t believe you. Not any part of this.
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, ERhine said:

I don’t believe you. Not any part of this.

I don't believe you that you don't believe me and think I'm making this up somehow. I lived it, about 3 hours ago lol

I believe you went to some sort of house party or bible study in Oak Hill and were in a group of evangelical Christians or MLMers ( they’re pretty interchangeable in my experience) who just happened to be big Trump fans and you extrapolated that self selected group as being representative of all of Oak Hill. 

Just now, MidTexHorn said:

I believe you went to some sort of house party or bible study in Oak Hill and were in a group of evangelical Christians or MLMers ( they’re pretty interchangeable in my experience) who just happened to be big Trump fans and you extrapolated that self selected group as being representative of all of Oak Hill. 

To be fair, I could see how maybe the one or two streets I was subjected to was perhaps just Cruz signs in the yard heavy. I asked "what neighborhood is this", not being from the area and they said Oak Hill. Also, I was told stories of text message trolling. Sorry that doesn't happen among your friends or something, erhine

Just now, MidTexHorn said:

Fair enough. Your experience in Oak Hill was definitely not representative, although I do suspect it’s a bit more Trump friendly than other parts of town. 

Why do you think that is? One of the same guys told me the head of the Silver Spurs and Bevo used to live up the street from them in that area, so maybe it's just attractive to more conservative types in a general way?

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Why do you think that is? One of the same guys told me the head of the Silver Spurs and Bevo used to live up the street from them in that area, so maybe it's just attractive to more conservative types in a general way?

That was a total guess on my part, no evidence at all for it. I said it because Oak Hill reminds me of the middle class/lower middle class neighborhoods in Midland where I see the most Cruz signs so just extrapolated from there. That said, there are way fewer Cruz signs in Oak Hill than in the similar neighborhoods in Midland. Still a surprising number of Beto signs out here, most I've ever seen for a Democrat by far.

Siap.  Had no idea what a constitutional corroborator was until I googled it. Here’s where this info comes from: a woman who participated in the program with Ted Cruz.  I’m sure he wasn’t a big fan of losing one award from someone that went to deer park high school.  

https://medium.com/@lauracalaway/i-was-a-constitutional-corroborator-24e1d1f53535

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Damn, Ted Cruz was one "we should just be friends" comment from shooting up Second Baptist.

Can we all agree that anything to do with Second Baptist sucks ass. That must have bipartisan support. Ed Young and that church annoy the hell out of me 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scottsins said:

Voter protection?  I’m signed up for a shift on Election Day.  Post or PM your experience, if you could, so I know what to expect.

So far, it is pretty simple. Make sure to download and review the manual from the training site. I would also bring some work because there may be downtime during your shift (or you can browse surly, whatever). Happy to talk off-line and would be easier for the details, so PM me if you want more information.

• Like 1