Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

9 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Republicans: The party of rape, racism, and the hard r

and people chose them over the party of the perpetual underclass and emotional slavery.

weird.

Just now, slorch said:

and people chose them over the party of the perpetual underclass and emotional slavery.

weird.

It's almost like if you give people a mechanism to make themselves feel better than other groups of people the really shitty, stupid people LOVE it. GOP loves telling Cletus and Earl that they're better than those hard-r's

8 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

wonder if Beto will go straight after the 2020 Dem presidential nom or if he’ll go after that blockhead Cornyn’s seat. Maybe smarter to pursue the latter. 

I don’t see how the former is even a serious possibility. If he couldn’t overcome Cruz’s attacks, he stands no shot to overcome what Trump will throw at him. Cruz made it a mud fight, and Beto had no real answer. Trump will be even worse. 

Edited by TXSG8R

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

wonder if Beto will go straight after the 2020 Dem presidential nom or if he’ll go after that blockhead Cornyn’s seat. Maybe smarter to pursue the latter. 

If Warm Platitude Man can't even beat el rato his odds of beating cornyn are nil

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

$80 million and all I got was this moral victory.  

No, we created infrastructure. We created a rolodex and relationships. The  process has been learned....it has been figured out. Texas will turn purple and then blue very soon. You are obsolete, but that is okay. Just take care of your ranch land and protect it and I'll call it even.

1 minute ago, Pancho Negro said:

emotional slavery.  lol wtf?

you're trying man.  you're trying.  get that tech brain working. 

Y'all are the ones who live with the world leaning on your shoulders all the time.

Life be so hard, yo.  Vote Democrat.  We won't do a fucking thing about it for 100 years, but life will get better calling them honkies names.

Just now, TXSG8R said:

I don’t see how the former is ven a serious possibility. If he couldn’t overcome Cruz’s attacks, he stands no shot to overcome what Trump will throw at him. Cruz made it a mud fight, and Beto had no real answer. Trump will be even worse. 

I think he could have a decent shot of winning the dem nom, but beating Trump in 2020 will be an uphill battle regardless of the candidate. Even with it being Texas and all, Cronyn may be easier prey. 

1 minute ago, Pancho Negro said:

In Lubbock, trying to make a point about "emotional slavery" makes you the smartest one in the class. 

In Austin, blaming the other guy because you can't vote makes the other guy an idiot.  Even though everyone around you is voting.

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

No, we created infrastructure. We created a rolodex and relationships. The  process has been learned....it has been figured out. Texas will turn purple and then blue very soon. You are obsolete, but that is okay. Just take care of your ranch land and protect it and I'll call it even.

Lulz

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

No it doesn't. It speaks to the rural Republicans, many who are white trash but in their minds at least they aren't Black or Hispanic.

I see this triggered the conservatives on here to neg me. Boo hoo.

I'm from a town in east Texas that had a Sun-Downer sign stating N_**** Don't Let the Sun Set On You In ______________.  And in 2018 this is not one black in a town of 3000+. MANY, I didn't say all, that are stuck in that town are poor white trash and they are racists. 

• Like 1

Just now, slorch said:

Y'all are the ones who live with the world leaning on your shoulders all the time.

Life be so hard, yo.  Vote Democrat.  We won't do a fucking thing about it for 100 years, but life will get better calling them honkies names.

Who is "yall"?  

Republicans don't do shit for blacks.  Why are you saying dems don't?  

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lol at old white guys who think old white guys are still gonna control this country in 30-40 years

its all over for the anglos

Indeed.

Enjoy the prosperity while it lasts.

When the takers outnumber the producers, we be fucked.

1 minute ago, Revolution512 said:

lol so THAT was what Beto ran on! He’s always looking out for others.

Well no, Beto lost his race and didn't run specifically on helping other dem candidates win. He did however campaign on making a difference and establishing a check on Trump's power. Which aiding significantly in flipping Texas congressional seats counts towards. So to Beto, sure it's a moral victory. To the people who supported him and his cause of putting a check on trump and making the country more progressive... We got a good bite of what we wanted and donated for. 

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Beto losing was the expected outcome, unfortunately. What's being overlooked is how he helped energize Texas Dems and helped pick up a few seats in fucking TEXAS. And he took away resources from other GOP candidates but making it a race against lyin Ted. 

This. And it isn't aggy to say so, this ain't football. There is very real strategic value in what happened in Texas this cycle. Took money and time off the national playing field and into defending the crown jewel of red states. It will only get easier for Allred and Fletcher to win their seats from here. Other somewhat competitive house races will be legit flip opportunities in 2020 and 2022. Statewide, the GOP position of power will only continue to erode. No one looking at the trends rationally can deny that. It stings, as it should, but I hope we will look back on it as a harbinger of things to come as opposed to just sulking and forfeiting another decade or two.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

In Austin, blaming the other guy because you can't vote makes the other guy an idiot.  Even though everyone around you is voting.

Christ you're a fucking idiot. 

I'm not in austin

I voted. 

WTF are you even talking about?

You are just proving your idiotness