Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I agree 100%. I know a lot of 20-30 somethings that votes solely on guns and most lean blue just out of age and Harris county.    I posted this pages ago a week or so ago, but a 100% solid “this is what I propose and where I draw the line” on gun control would have swayed ALOT of Texans.   And any semblance of a tougher stance on immigration would have brought even more.  But if it’s not who he is, can’t blame him for being himself. 

Agree.  I know plenty that absolutely liked and respected him more than Cruz but couldn't get over policy.  I voted for Beto purely on principle because I absolutely despise Cruz but you just aren't going to win a Senate race in Texas without pivoting to the middle.  But do that and I think there are plenty of moderates sick of the far right conservative bullshit ready to jump ship. 

13 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Beto ran a great race.  Speaking platitudes instead of his actual policies.  

Good job. Good effort. 

As opposed to Cruz’s fake policies of protecting Medicare and protections for pre-existing conditions. 

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Sounds like he ran out of time, Liucci.  

Hey look, it's the resident Cruz cock sheath.  He's come aboard to tell Texas they won and should be proud of a guy that literally was gutted by Trump in front of all to see.  I guess Texas gets more Abbott as well.  Good times.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Just now, Cajun said:

Oh yeah, ole Beto was all positives.

LMAO

Give credit where credit is due. The president turned the fear-mongering up to 11. And campaigned hard for GOP politicians, especially the senate. To protect his own ass. This was a victory for complicity, and a loss for checks and balances. 

Just now, zzzz said:

Give credit where credit is due. The president turned the fear-mongering up to 11. And campaigned hard for GOP politicians, especially the senate. To protect his own ass. This was a victory for complicity, and a loss for checks and balances. 

Um, the House is going to flip.

That's a huge win.

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

So Beto should have lied about his beliefs just to win?

No surprise that kind of advice comes from Republican voters.

No.  he should have changed them.

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

Speaks to what a dog turd Beto is that he couldn't beat such a shitty opponent

No it doesn't. It speaks to the rural Republicans, many who are white trash but in their minds at least they aren't Black or Hispanic.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

No it doesn't. It speaks to the rural Republicans, many who are white trash but in their minds at least they aren't Black or Hispanic.

all of them are that way, right?

Just now, Fozzz said:

As opposed to Cruz’s fake policies of protecting Medicare and protections for pre-existing conditions. 

Nobody said he was honest but neither is the President.  Cruz should have filed rape/assault charges after Trump took his manhood on national tv.  

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I stand by my prediction that Texas will turn blue by 2024.

A Republican incumbent with mountains of PAC money is beating a grassroots campaigner by all of 2 or 3 points.

Texas is changing, y'all.

the deal is Beto's personality. It's not plug and play Democrat, the next one might be a boring old guy who won't get the hot babes lined up for months to vote or work on phone call centers.  It was Beto or bust sadly. His straight Dem ticket helped a lot of other Dems today but IMO the turnout next midterm 2022 will not be this massive. 

• Like 1