The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know this is their intent, but I don't think anything makes my blood boil more than the disingenuous Democrat/Republican name history.  Just incomprehensibly disingenuous.  

indeed, very FCHorn/Slorch-ish

4 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

She's incredibly impressed with herself.  For no good reason than she has her daddy's name.

“If you want to beat Trump, you have to impress me, because my last name is McCain.”

Really wish the Castros had ran for statewide offices next year    

Maybe this is to raise his profile for 2022 and 2024.  

She's the kind of person who will be like "Do you know who I am? I am John McCain's daughter!" when her contract isn't renewed by The View

Of course, The View will be like "yeah, that's exactly why we fired your fat ass." 

On 6/23/2019 at 4:57 PM, Post Oak said:

We need a good cull

we joke about this, but the reality is that trump, trumpism, and every single one of trump's supporters, enablers, apologists, and detractors - which is 100% of those who self-identify as, vote for, and/or support Republican candidates - are a collective advanced, malignant cancer on the country and on on democracy.  and you don't overcome that cancer by simply doing something different than what you're doing when the malignancy appears, or just spot treating the primary and most visible symptom (ie, voting trump out).  you beat that by completely eliminating the cancer from your body.  the elimination of millions, and probably tens of millions of these people from American society - whether by civil war,  secession of states,  the complete and utter destruction of the Republican party, and/or whatever else - is exactly what we need for the long term health of the country, if we are going to be honest about this.  these people are never going to "come around" or "become decent human beings" who add any value whatsoever to society.   ever.  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

She's the kind of person who will be like "Do you know who I am? I am John McCain's daughter!" when her contract isn't renewed by The View
Of course, The View will be like "yeah, that's exactly why we fired your fat ass." 

“Yeah, but you’re no John McCain.”

Republicans pushing through an actual poll tax in Florida in 2019 is unsurprising but one of the most infuriating things I've seen thus far. Again I invite anyone to show me this party doesn't outright suppress voting.

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

we joke about this, but the reality is that trump, trumpism, and every single one of trump's supporters, enablers, apologists, and detractors - which is 100% of those who self-identify as, vote for, and/or support Republican candidates - are a collective advanced, malignant cancer on the country and on on democracy.  and you don't overcome that cancer by simply doing something different than what you're doing when the malignancy appears, or just spot treating the primary and most visible symptom (ie, voting trump out).  you beat that by completely eliminating the cancer from your body.  the elimination of millions, and probably tens of millions of these people from American society - whether by civil war,  secession of states,  the complete and utter destruction of the Republican party, and/or whatever else - is exactly what we need for the long term health of the country, if we are going to be honest about this.  these people are never going to "come around" or "become decent human beings" who add any value whatsoever to society.   ever.  

Trump has really done a number on the liberal psyche. You’re all losing your fucking minds

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Trump has really done a number on the liberal psyche. You’re all losing your fucking minds

You're damn right people are pissed off at our institutions being attacked, and at an obvious minority cheating to get things in their favor. When the common man realizes how much power he really has then watch the fuck out.

50 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Even if you dial down what Jack post... hard to deny Trump and the current GOP has really enabled some awful behavior from segments of the population in this country. 

48 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You're damn right people are pissed off at our institutions being attacked, and at an obvious minority cheating to get things in their favor. When the common man realizes how much power he really has then watch the fuck out.

The common man isn’t smart enough to read the fine print or listen to what’s really going on. There’s only noise about who’s to blame.

53 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

The common man isn’t smart enough to read the fine print or listen to what’s really going on. There’s only noise about who’s to blame.

Yeah well it doesn't really take much thought to come to the conclusion that hey, if this person is willing to separate children from their parents and throw them into camps, maybe they don't have my best interest in mind either.

Like, the worst part of the enabling fuckhead group is the fact that they don't even realize that the second they are no longer of any use to those they defend, they will be cast aside like the piece of used trash that they are.

2 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Thinking about Jack Straw strongly punching his Cheeto covered keyboard and dreaming about murdering millions of Americans is what makes Surly so unique. Moar, please, moar. 

Shouldn’t you be in the DACA thread posting about how while tragic, the dead father and girl shouldn’t have tried coming here? 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

The shittiest people

We’ve seen this movie before. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_Party

The current state of the GOP is Germany in the late 1920’s. Trump is banking on a depression and a Reichstag fire as an excuse to seize power. Just looking for an excuse to seize power, abolish the free press, and abolish opposition parties.

Can our resident trolls articulate an argument that Trump doesn’t want to do that?? If anything he’s been perfectly clear on his intentions. At least we have the benefit of having seen this play played out before. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The current state of the GOP is Germany in the late 1920’s. Trump is banking on a depression and a Reichstag fire as an excuse to seize power. Just looking for an excuse to seize power, abolish the free press, and abolish opposition parties.

Can our resident trolls articulate an argument that Trump doesn’t want to do that?? If anything he’s been perfectly clear on his intentions. At least we have the benefit of having seen this play played out before. 

I don’t think it’s a good comparison.  The bill went through 26-24, with two Republicans siding with the Dems, and if you’ll note in the video, the Lt. Gov is a Democrat, swept into office when the state started flipping to the Ds in 2018.

The Republicans in Pennsylvania are not acting like a party taking and consolidating power, they are acting like a party losing power, which they are,   They even had to tie this bill to subsidies for PA hospitals, because the Republican Governor was not a fan of the bill, and they have to keep him for vetoing it.

They are angry that it was this close, and they are angry that they will probably be out of power in 2020.  There ain’t shit they can do about it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don’t think it’s a good comparison.  The bill went through 26-24, with two Republicans siding with the Dems, and if you’ll note in the video, the Lt. Gov is a Democrat, swept into office when the state started flipping to the Ds in 2018.

The Republicans in Pennsylvania are not acting like a party taking and consolidating power, they are acting like a party losing power, which they are,   They even had to tie this bill to subsidies for PA hospitals, because the Republican Governor was not a fan of the bill, and they have to keep him for vetoing it.

They are angry that it was this close, and they are angry that they will probably be out of power in 2020.  There ain’t shit they can do about it.

The PA Gov is a Democrat tho

32 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

and if they took a few measly steps, they could very easily right the ship and get their tax cuts.  Legalize weed and ensure affordable health care--would damn near rip the carpet out from underneath the Democrats.  Pot has already shown it can generate tax dollars and work towards lowering incarceration with minorities which is a win and those dollars could be spent towards infrastructure and health care.  Keep in mind that preventative medicine is cheaper in the long run.  As a state, toss in renewable energy and leave the Dems in the dust.  I don't care who champions the issues, just do it.  Or be archaic and risk it all on trying to weaken Democracy and fighting Democrats. 

Edited by Mdhorn

12 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Shouldn’t you be in the DACA thread posting about how while tragic, the dead father and girl shouldn’t have tried coming here? 

The drug bags they were smuggling were supposed to ensure they'd float.     -Republicans.  

On 6/29/2019 at 7:17 AM, Jack Straw said:

On 6/29/2019 at 9:41 PM, JimmyJames said:

Well, I sure as hell can't articulate an argument that the Democrats don't want to do that.

The shittiest people

Parliamentarians help me out- once the chair continues to acknowledge the lady who is speaking he overrules the point of order, so by just shouting “point of order” over and over the majority leader is out of order, correct? What options would the presiding officer in most bodies have to bring the chamber back to order?

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult