Texas vs TCU Game Thread

Vertigo

20 minutes ago, Thujone said:

Caden Sterns is unbelievable. When was the last time you saw a young db like him, showing out as soon as he has? Earl? Right now Caden is better than Earl was at the same point. Hard to believe, but he's a fucking witch. And his performance is overshadowing Foster, who is amazing as well. 

He’ll play on Sundays. Glad we’ll get 3 out of him. Flinched a bit when it looked like he got banged up at one point. Truly DBU again.

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The only really bad play by Boyd was biting on the double move the first time. They tried it a second time and he was ready. Overall, he had a solid game. People need to realize that we’re lucky to have Boyd and Davis.

Boyd gets a lot of shit but the talent is there and he had a tough assignment and battled all day today. Aside from the big pass early in the game and the pushoff TD Raegor was a nonfactor. Davis is another guy that I feel is undervalued, dude is a solid tackler and the pass breakup late in the game was nice. 

The only really bad play by Boyd was biting on the double move the first time. They tried it a second time and he was ready. Overall, he had a solid game. People need to realize that we’re lucky to have Boyd and Davis.

Yep, remember Brandon Foster and the other short 5’9” CB we had starting in 06-07?
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thujone said:

Caden Sterns is unbelievable. When was the last time you saw a young db like him, showing out as soon as he has? Earl? Right now Caden is better than Earl was at the same point. Hard to believe, but he's a fucking witch. And his performance is overshadowing Foster, who is amazing as well. 

Earl had a redshirt. Sterns is way ahead of him. Crazy. 

I’m put in my place. Texas beat the dog shit out of TCU this afternoon. This is really starting to look like the 1990 Horns. Let’s keep this Shock the Nation train rolling. 

I lost a smoking hot girlfriend in the sleet of the Cotten Bowl that year. Let’s hope this one ends better.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EtOH said:

I’m put in my place. Texas beat the dog shit out of TCU this afternoon. This is really starting to look like the 1990 Horns. Let’s keep this Shock the Nation train rolling. 

I lost a smoking hot girlfriend in the sleet of the Cotten Bowl that year. Let’s hope this one ends better.  

yes except next year is 1999 not 1991. 

3 minutes ago, EtOH said:

If it ends in a BCS game, it will be a raging success, even if we get beaten down. Of course, winning or losing respectably would be preferable. 

17 minutes ago, Slade said:

Boyd gets a lot of shit but the talent is there and he had a tough assignment and battled all day today. Aside from the big pass early in the game and the pushoff TD Raegor was a nonfactor. Davis is another guy that I feel is undervalued, dude is a solid tackler and the pass breakup late in the game was nice. 

Reagor is a total badass. Future NFL stud a la Brandin Cooks. Boyd did fine job. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ousux said:

Hope Herman can somehow recruit LJH for an extra year..

Not getting my hopes up, if he gets an NFL grade it will be first 3 rounds. (assuming he continues what he's doing)

He won’t get top 3 round grade.  He’s good but nothing spectacular. Measurables won’t be great. 

27 minutes ago, Slade said:

Boyd was on an island the entire night and played well. They kept testing him deep and he was able to break up the pass at the last minute time and again.