Talk Texas vs Purple Wizard's KState Wildcats

LTtxfan

Time for HORNS to win a FB Game in Manhattan vs Purple Wizard.

Really glad to see Bimage, Wilbon and TQ providing meaningful depth in the TCU game..... gonna need it against KState Oline.  

Texas punt team better work on better blocking to protect Horn's Aussie Punter

Purple Wizard is a hellava Coach....

KState looked like crap yesterday against my 'Eers.  I'm a big Wizard fan and think he is 10x the coach Dana ever will be, but not this  team.  The only reason it was even as close as 35-6 was we kept turning the ball over with int's and fumbles.   Love the man and his program, but Wizard just doesn't have the horses this year. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Whitman said:

KState looked like crap yesterday against my 'Eers.  I'm a big Wizard fan and think he is 10x the coach Dana ever will be, but not this  team.  The only reason it was even as close as 35-6 was we kept turning the ball over with int's and fumbles.   Love the man and his program, but Wizard just doesn't have the horses this year. 

Great Info.... West Virginia won Big even with 3 interceptions (2 Grier) and 1 fumble lost.  KState only had 1 turnover, a fumble.

Kinda wondered as Purple Wizard lost his OC to UTEP,  that this 2018 Team might digress this Season. And some KState fans are ready for Snyder to find a new successor and step aside as long as it's NOT his son Sean.

Fyi...Purple Wizard still has in New contract that he has "appropriate input" into next KState Head Football Coach when he steps down..

Quote:  "There’s little doubt as to why that clause is included. There’s no doubt who Snyder wants.  He has advocated for years for his son Sean, a former Kansas State player and a longtime assistant on his staff..... If the administration had been willing to promote Sean, Bill Snyder might already have retired. But the succession plan appears to be a long shot, which is why tension continues to bubble, just beneath the surface, about what happens when Snyder finally retires. If he ever does."

Edited by LTtxfan

Ventured over to some KSU boards. They are worried about their lines after they were manhandled  against WVU. Most don't see themselves making a bowl game.  Many are ready to get Snyder canned. This may finally be the year Texas wins in Manhattan.

Edited by horn_of_the_morning
  • Like 1

We have lost, and by a lot, to way worse KSU teams than this.  Only one game in the last 12 years in Manhattan was even remotely competitive  

1-7 all time in Manhattan, with far better teams than we have now (though we are certainly improving)

It's where Longhorn hopes and dreams go to die.  This is actually coming at a good time for Herman.  Snyder is a far better coach with much less pressure on his shoulders than Coach Herman.  Tom's team is finally getting it together and KSU appears hobbled.  But time and time again, people underestimate the Wildcats, particularly in their shithole corner of the barren Earth.  

Snyder has buried more "can't happen to me, I'm smart" egos than AIDS.  

9 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The trap game of the year. Best coached team we will face all year, at their house, where we havent won in forever

i think we win, but itll be closer than people think. We can only play hero ball on offense for so long

I see you are still here and sucking the joy out of every possible scenario. Carry on wayward son.

• Like 2

I was thinking about this last night, and I believe that Snyder is a matchup nightmare for coaches that rely too much on out talenting teams. Mack was the king of this. He would throw sideways expecting us to break a tackle on every play. Sound fundamental defenses like KState and OU ate us up because of it. 

From what I have seen this year, fundamentals will not be a problem for this Texas team. That is when the talent starts to show up. I believe we go in this week and break this streak in fairly convincing fashion.

• Like 2

K State clearly sucks but they present a similar matchup issue as Maryland as far as their run heavy offensive scheme. I was skeptical that the defense would play well yesterday against an athletic QB in Robinson but they really played well against the run, so maybe some progress is finally being made after a year andva half. Honestly Texas should cruise but it is so hard to be confident going to Manhattan.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ventured over to some KSU boards. They are worried about their lines after they were manhandled  against WVU. Most don't see themselves making a bowl game.  Many are ready to get Snyder canned. This may finally be the year Texas wins in Manhattan.
I really hope that doesn't get ugly. K State improved a lot over the course of the year last year ended the season as a very hot 8-5, if I recall. It isn't like he can't coach anymore. Thi year's team looks as bad as I remember them looking in a while but if anyone deserves to go out on their own terms it is Bill Snyder.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I watched most of the WVU game and parts of the MSU game.  I agree with previous comment that it’s the lines where they have taken a step back.   MSU gave them a lot of their own medicine with the QB draw and KSU just could not stop it.  Grier had all day to throw in their game.   We should be able to move the ball.  Avoid turnovers, don’t lose the field position battle, and make them throw the ball to beat us. 

Edited by ClubWhatever

55 minutes ago, Tracer Bullet said:

Literally our one and only victory vs KSU at their house

They are 7-1 all time vs us in Manhattan

To be fair, they have had the better team in all of those match-ups save the 2006 game.

Their OL was suppose to be one of the best in college football, but they are in the 90s in rush offense. Their DL lost their best players from last year, including that midget DT. Play TO free football and rush the ball 40+ times and the game is ours.

Edited by HtownHorn

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I think Mack Brown was the only person who said that.

Even Mack Brown didn't say that. Just a few weeks after the BCS Natty, he was on Friday Night Lights talking about how if you don't win you deserve to be fired in Texas.

Texas needs a strong start in 1st quarter...... KState football team in disarray....

From KState article:  Kansas State might shake things up at QB, start Alex Delton with Texas up next....  "Any whisper of a QB controversy seemed over (for KState). But that changed when Snyder informed Delton he was going in against West Virginia to replace the Starting QB Thompson.

Thompson said that caught him off guard, and he seemed miffed about it afterward.

Delton ran all over Texas late in an overtime loss against the Longhorns last season, finishing with 79 yards and two touchdowns on 12 carries after coming on for an injured Jesse Ertz.

He might get another opportunity next week."

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, XYZ said:

I’ve seen enough Texas-KSU games where on paper we were supposed to kick their asses and the opposite happened that I’m not gonna expect anything.

That has only really happened in 2006/2007 which ironically had Snyder enjoying his 1st retirement. Most other times, KSU was just a better football team than Texas.

I can't wait for Larry David to play Bill Snyder in the biopic at the his original hiring interview: 

"Everybody's recruiting somebodies, we'll recruit nobodies.  Everybody's scheduling non-conference somebodies, we'll schedule non-conference nobodies.  Everybody wants to play on TV, we'll play on the radio."

AD: "Then why am I hiring you, Bill?"

"Because I'm a college football coach."

AD: "Not yet."

"And another thing, enough with the purple and silver already.  I mean, are we running a football program or playing Super Dave Osborne over here?"   

We are not good enough yet to expect Kansas State to be an easy win. They have routinely exploited every potential weakness we have when we go there. 

And as already mentioned, a road game in between 2 emotional wins at home and Oklahoma? It just scares you to death. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I can't wait for Larry David to play Bill Snyder in the biopic at the his original hiring interview: 

"Everybody's recruiting somebodies, we'll recruit nobodies.  Everybody's scheduling non-conference somebodies, we'll schedule non-conference nobodies.  Everybody wants to play on TV, we'll play on the radio."

AD: "Then why am I hiring you, Bill?"

"Because I'm a college football coach."

AD: "Not yet."

"And another thing, enough with the purple and silver already.  I mean, are we running a football program or playing Super Dave Osborne over here?"