2018 Hurricane Season

Lobwedgephil

It's been really blown out unfortunately until today @Loco.

It looks way below Hatteras to me, which help diffuse storm surge too.

I love the chairs under the tree lol. The whole letting the boat fill with water thing works very well though.

Edited by G650

A few months ago I was in Charleston for a wedding.  Met some of my wife's family who told us that we could use their house on Folly  Beach anytime we wanted to, which is nice, because I really like Charleston.  Now it's going bye bye????  I has sad.
I'd inquire about this weekend. They're probably giving it away

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:
29 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:
A few months ago I was in Charleston for a wedding.  Met some of my wife's family who told us that we could use their house on Folly  Beach anytime we wanted to, which is nice, because I really like Charleston.  Now it's going bye bye????  I has sad.

I'd inquire about this weekend. They're probably giving it away

Or, if they just stay put and wait a day, it may float over to them.

• Like 1

damn. wife cancelled trip to DC and now DC looks clear. Oh well. shit happens
good luck to our friends in SC. someone from Charleston north is gonna get the NE whip of this one

I’m in the same boat. Was going to go to church Sunday morning with my 95 year old grandfather then fly back via Baltimore, southwest suggested I change my flight...thought long and hard about it, and changed to return early Sunday via Chicago. Didn’t want to get stranded and have my wife solo with the kids an extra day or two. Now it looks like I’d have been fine. Crap.

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

I’m in the same boat. Was going to go to church Sunday morning with my 95 year old grandfather then fly back via Baltimore, southwest suggested I change my flight...thought long and hard about it, and changed to return early Sunday via Chicago. Didn’t want to get stranded and have my wife solo with the kids an extra day or two. Now it looks like I’d have been fine. Crap.

suddenly risking your life in  florence doesnt sound so bad

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

37 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I have family in Wilmington, NC and they’re planning on riding it out. I don’t like it at all. Why not just fly out and hang with family for a few days? Why risk it? 

never made sense to me. your home gets flooded and youre stuck in the very top floor with little or no supplies...or else your house is spared the flooding and theres minimal water but everyone else gets it and youre stuck basically on an island with little or no supplies. its just a house and going down with it in a fight with mother nature is the definition of insanity.

being stuck with no internet, communication, power or AC isnt my definition of fun

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

Wow, what a wild 24 hours.  Now D.C. is likely to miss this almost entirely, although now it might turn up in Kentucky and back NE over us as it moves up and out over the Maritimes.  That big summer high over Bermuda is pushing Florence more southward and westward.  Well, thank you, Mr. High.

Suddenly my weekend plans look good again (going to Temple-Md. game).  

I'm happy although have sympathy for the Carolinas.  Plus, this thing is going to rain out over Appalachia, and in those mountains floods can come through and sweep everything before it.  Crossing fingers.

Edited by phdhorn

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I have a hard time believing a sailor isn't checking on the weather.

I'd say the weather lady may have been dramatizing a bit. But there are certainly some looney cruisers out there. Basically the ageing hippie version of the wakeboard boat driven by a guy with barb wire tattoos and Axe body spray.

Invest 96L, that popped up today, already has an eye. I assume it is forming too far north to be a threat in the Western hemisphere.  What is the furthest north a hurricane has formed?

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-51.81,28.06,944

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP