The Angry Mob!

Hugo Stiglitz

I’m really baffled by this new GOP strategy to vilify people peacefully protesting as the radical left wing mob.

Did they all of a sudden forget this country was founded by an angry mob? 

Old democrats slogan: Stronger Together.

New hotness: Government should be afraid of its people, not the other way around.

/rant

Mob behavior happens. Its human nature for humans to act shitty when they congregate in large groups.

I'm sure these two were sincere in their beliefs but wouldn't normally act like this outside of large crowd.

22 minutes ago, F250 said:

Mob behavior happens. Its human nature for humans to act shitty when they congregate in large groups.

I'm sure these two were sincere in their beliefs but wouldn't normally act like this outside of large crowd.

whose side do I have to join to bang her?

24 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Look at the footwork and nothing else. I mean, stickboy doesn't impress in any area, but just by comparing the footwork you can tell he's a lamb at the slaughter.

Interesting observation. Stickboy is mostly off balance and is hitting "like a girl". He is putting zero kinetic energy into his strikes and relying on the whipping motion of his arm/wrist to deliver a blow. No power in that delivery at all.

The other guy while not much better is at least balanced with his movement. His punch looks like shit and there was way too much "lifting off the hips" to deliver a strong punch, he is at least large enough to deliver a forceful blow with whatever you call that lunging punch he landed. Plus stickboy was completely off balance and had his hands down the entire time. That's a recipe for getting KTFO.

Based on the squirrelly movements and lighter weight of stickboy, I'd say he never had a chance in that matchup.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, F250 said:

Interesting observation. Stickboy is mostly off balance and is hitting "like a girl". He is putting zero kinetic energy into his strikes and relying on the whipping motion of his arm/wrist to deliver a blow. No power in that delivery at all.

The other guy while not much better is at least balanced with his movement. His punch looks like shit and there was way too much "lifting off the hips" to deliver a strong punch, he is at least large enough to deliver a forceful blow with whatever you call that lunging punch he landed. Plus stickboy was completely off balance and had his hands down the entire time. That's a recipe for getting KTFO.

Based on the squirrelly movements and lighter weight of stickboy, I'd say he never had a chance in that matchup.

Further critique of Stickboy's technique and decision-making, first, he sees a burlier opponent (Sluggo) wearing padded armor on arms and torso, and decides to attack with his larper sword. Manages to get on camera looking like he started it.

Then when he does attack, either he is inaccurately head-hunting, or he's deliberately aiming for the armored parts. Dude, how bout the side of the knee?

During Stickboy's brief 2-swing attacking career, he throws not a single combo, where something might have accidentally landed and caused Sluggo to pause. Instead, his technique is to run down to Western Union, find somebody who still knows how to send telegrams, and types out SLUGGO STOP ONE INCOMING SWING COMING YR WAY FROM UPPER LEFT STOP.

Predictably, he gets blocked each time and it looks like he is about to get his larper sword snatched away. Maybe he is strapped onto it by a lanyard. Instead of dropping it, or trying to pull Sluggo off-balance, it looks like Stickboy's reaction is to stand up straight in an Oscar-statue legs-together freeze muttering "Please don't hit me please don't hit me." Which might work someplace where you haven't been trying to whoop on somebody with a stick. Well, we can't all be good at everything, maybe Stickboy will move into another style of activism and be better off for it.

I can't speak to Sluggo's technique because I know less about boxing than I do most other things. I do respect, tactically, how he prepped for the day with effective defensive padding, but nothing obviously offensive. He lets the lawyers see Stickboy come in flailing that stick, block, entangle, close and punch, jump back, don't go berserk and hit the girl.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

it looks like Stickboy's reaction is to stand up straight in an Oscar-statue legs-together freeze muttering "Please don't hit me please don't hit me." Which might work someplace where you haven't been trying to whoop on somebody with a stick. Well, we can't all be good at everything, maybe Stickboy will move into another style of activism and be better off for it. 

bd285e60b6e32f90d8cb36c153e52087.gif

17 minutes ago, Hammock said:

Image result for antifa girl gets punched

Stepping square into a punch with your hands down and eyes closed, price, a minor concussion.

Punching a female or a dude with dreads that might be a female is no bueno, price, aggravated assault charges.

Kicking someone on the ground while wearing a Jesus will judge you hoodie, priceless.

• Like 4

If some branch of Antifa ever decides to hire a few Uruk Nazis as a sort of mercenary Varangian Guard to do their real fighting for them, they could quickly roll over all other groups Left/Right and force us to bow to an Endless Night of Terror where all suffer without end (except for those among us who already sell raggedy black vintage clothing, we'll be fine.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hammock said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

She knew what she was getting into. I've always treated women with respect but she got what was coming.

How do you know? What was she doing prior to this video that warranted a dude punching her in the face? 

3 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

How do you know? What was she doing prior to this video that warranted a dude punching her in the face? 

Whaaa? You can't be serious. 

Don't go to a riot where the main objective is violence if you don't want to risk danger. It's kinda like don't ride a motorcycle without a helmet. It's common sense.

3 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

We don't but that scene looks like the middle of a mosh pit. The smart thing to do is avoid that situation by either walking or running in the opposite direction. I don't condone the guy's actions but she was playing a stupid game by getting involved in a brawl.

14 minutes ago, Hammock said:

Whaaa? You can't be serious. 

Don't go to a riot where the main objective is violence if you don't want to risk danger. It's kinda like don't ride a motorcycle without a helmet. It's common sense.

It looks to me like her cat got startled and ran into the middle of the mob and she was trying to get it before it got hurt and then the Hitler youth guy punched her for no reason, or maybe he is just a dog guy. 

Gotta love the righties decrying violence in the street celebrating their own violence in the street.

As for the "angry mob" rhetoric, there's no organized and heavily-armed groups on the left wargaming the upcoming civil war they're totally-not-at-all looking forward to. The right has dozens of various militia groups itching for the opportunity to kill liberals and minorities running around the woods and shit because apparently they've got even more time on their hands than antifa members.

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

An oldie but goodie.

punch.gif

OK, in this one, SuitJacket commits the cardinal sin of not setting out security. Santa Anna had more idea what was about to happen at San Jacinto than SuitJacket does. And Santa Anna didn't know shit.

HoodyBoy doesn't use his actual fist on SuitJacket's head, which I'm told is a good way to avoid breaking your own fist. He gets that elbow right onto the mandible. Probably max damage he could do and still avoid attempted murder.

Regrettably for HoodyBoy, it looks like he might have cold-cocked his own self against that lamp pole. Maybe not. But no real follow-through against SuitJacket, who appears to stagger three steps and remain upright.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

It looks to me like her cat got startled and ran into the middle of the mob and she was trying to get it before it got hurt and then the Hitler youth guy punched her for no reason, or maybe he is just a dog guy. 

From what I remember, her cat was the most fearsome thing in that crowd.

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Do you think she walked into the middle of a brawl or did one break out around her?

It doesn't matter. The correct response is to get away from the brawl.

A month ago, me and my wife were at a bar when a brawl between a bunch of drunk twentysomething dudes started right next to us. We were stuck in the corner where the fight penned us in between the bar and people throwing punches. I took my own advice and walked my wife away from the fighting as soon as a space opened up.

Violence should be avoided whenever possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

A month ago, me and my wife were at a bar when a brawl between a bunch of drunk twentysomething dudes started right next to us. We were stuck in the corner where the fight penned us in between the bar and people throwing punches. I took my own advice and walked my wife away from the fighting as soon as a space opened up.

yeah, she went looking for trouble. you go looking for it, trouble more often than not will find you first.

doesn't excuse the guy punching her square in the face - he was looking for trouble also. but he didn't have to flatten her face.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

Ya, I was at the Texans v. Cowboys game on Sunday night. It was like playing frogger trying to avoid violence leaving that game. 

• Haha 2