2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

Warriors are so much better without KD whose best years are behind him. No one should pay the $150mil or whatever he wants. The league is full of great 3 point shooters now, he's not the elite guy in that area anymore.  A 35 point blowout at home by GS, lots of big losses at Oracle this year. Houston has a real chance, but only if KD plays :-) 

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

Warriors are so much better without KD whose best years are behind him. No one should pay the $150mil or whatever he wants. The league is full of great 3 point shooters now, he's not the elite guy in that area anymore.  A 35 point blowout at home by GS, lots of big losses at Oracle this year. Houston has a real chance, but only if KD plays 🙂

lmao, you trying to win worst take of the year award or some shit?  trying out for first take?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

lmao, you trying to win worst take of the year award or some shit?  trying out for first take?

KD isn't as good as he was. He doesn't want to be there and his concentration shows.  Their offense is much better with Steph and Klay and he's out injured, ball moves better, more open looks. He was 0-8 and 9/25 tonight at home against one of the worst teams. They'd be smart to unload his miserable ass and save a ton of money. 

You'll see in the playoffs, Houston will beat them if KD is featured a lot. 

Edited by NowThis

8 hours ago, NowThis said:

KD isn't as good as he was. He doesn't want to be there and his concentration shows.  Their offense is much better with Steph and Klay and he's out injured, ball moves better, more open looks. He was 0-8 and 9/25 tonight at home against one of the worst teams. They'd be smart to unload his miserable ass and save a ton of money. 

You'll see in the playoffs, Houston will beat them if KD is featured a lot. 

I want it all to be true

13 hours ago, NowThis said:

Warriors are so much better without KD whose best years are behind him. No one should pay the $150mil or whatever he wants. The league is full of great 3 point shooters now, he's not the elite guy in that area anymore.  A 35 point blowout at home by GS, lots of big losses at Oracle this year. Houston has a real chance, but only if KD plays 🙂

oh good, more terrible takes from you. 

Edited by Goo Punch

9 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

mine would.'

Same here.  I pointed out that his offensive games was the most polished all around for a college player in a long time.  Had absolutely no weakness on that side of the ball.  He may be slight and bad at defense but he his offensive game is A+.

well it always made sense to me that the faster paced, more wide open, more spread out NNA game would suit him more than the college game. his skill set was built for the NBA. he's not as big as Steph, as many pointed out, but he's also not just a scorer, he's a very very good passer who, if he reigns in his decision making, could really thrive in the league, especially somewhere like Atlanta. 

The Kidd news.  Kidd is rumored to be very difficult to work with as he is passive-aggressive and power hungry.  Maybe he's learned some things in his past stops, but adding him into the combustible Lakers has the potential to be hilarious.

Pivoting a bit, the Celtics looks broken.  I'm not exactly sure what their issue is but the chemistry is not there going into the playoffs.  Maybe it's Irving, maybe it's the young guys, but unless they can get on a playoff roll, they look like a 2nd round exit.  IF (big if) that happens where will that leave them in the Davis sweepstakes?  If Kyrie bounces (Knicks?), would Davis (Kyrie's very good friend) tell Ainge he would leave no matter what in the summer of 2020?  The Lakers offer looks DOA as Ingram is expected to make a full recovery from a blood clotting issue but so did Chris Bosh at one point.  It seriously undercuts their offer.  Could Davis end up somewhere beyond the two most storied franchises???

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The Kidd news.  Kidd is rumored to be very difficult to work with as he is passive-aggressive and power hungry.  Maybe he's learned some things in his past stops, but adding him into the combustible Lakers has the potential to be hilarious.

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

lots of people (me included) thought Boston was the team of the East, sad story for them. 

I didn't buy into Kyrie and Gordon making them that much better, if any at all. This team was much better without them two. Remember when people actually believed Kyrie was the reason for Lebron's success in Cleveland? Hahaha. He's a locker room cancer .Dude walked off the court on this teammates against the Hornets before the game even ended.

13 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Pivoting a bit, the Celtics looks broken.  I'm not exactly sure what their issue is but the chemistry is not there going into the playoffs.  Maybe it's Irving, maybe it's the young guys, but unless they can get on a playoff roll, they look like a 2nd round exit.  IF (big if) that happens where will that leave them in the Davis sweepstakes?  If Kyrie bounces (Knicks?), would Davis (Kyrie's very good friend) tell Ainge he would leave no matter what in the summer of 2020?  The Lakers offer looks DOA as Ingram is expected to make a full recovery from a blood clotting issue but so did Chris Bosh at one point.  It seriously undercuts their offer.  Could Davis end up somewhere beyond the two most storied franchises???

Just me, but I think Kyrie is a big part of the shit show.

58 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Kidd would be stupid to consider any job that includes coaching Lebron.

He will likely get paid 25 million on a 5 year contract, only to be fired mid-way through year 2. That's a pretty nice chunk of change for doing nothing and living in LA for a couple years. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The Kidd news.  Kidd is rumored to be very difficult to work with as he is passive-aggressive and power hungry.  

If they wanted someone very difficult to work with and passive aggressive and power hungry, why don’t they just save themselves some money and officially install Lebron as player-coach?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:
Kidd would be stupid to consider any job that includes coaching Lebron.

As opposed to his job right now?

As opposed to taking the Cal job, where he would actually be in charge of personnel and the play on the court.

7 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Wow. Even more wow, Bama is nowhere on the list.

That was back before the media became SEC cock gobblers and had to ensure there were at least 4 or 5 SEC teams in the Top 10. In this day and age if the BCS still existed with USC, OU and Auburn going undefeated there is no way in hell that Auburn is being left out. No Bama, Clemson or UF to be found in the Top 25. Ohio St barely cracked the top 25 and a mid-major Utah in the Top 10.

58 minutes ago, Chad said:

That was back before the media became SEC cock gobblers and had to ensure there were at least 4 or 5 SEC teams in the Top 10. In this day and age if the BCS still existed with USC, OU and Auburn going undefeated there is no way in hell that Auburn is being left out. No Bama, Clemson or UF to be found in the Top 25. Ohio St barely cracked the top 25 and a mid-major Utah in the Top 10.

Urban Meyer was at Utah, Saban at LSU. 

As of now, how I think the 1st rounds would go:

San Antonio, cuz Pop is there...

Golden State, Splash + Durant is too much...

Oklahoma City, Thunder could just out-athlete the opponents on defense...

Portland, Because, well Lillard can still "drop dimes on 'em":

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

As of now, how I think the 1st rounds would go:

San Antonio, cuz Pop is there...

Golden State, Splash + Durant is too much...

Oklahoma City, Thunder could just out-athlete the opponents on defense...

Portland, Because, well Lillard can still "drop dimes on 'em":

what the fuck are you talking about?

based upon the current standings, those four teams can not all win in the first round.