2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

LTtxfan

The goal of the playoff is to find the NATIONAL champion, not simply put in the best 4 teams.  Putting Georgia in for a fucking immediate rematch vs Bama would shrink the scope of the playoff by ignoring the Big 12 (in this case) in favor of the SEC.

They got this right but 8 teams needs to happen.  And fuck OU

Edited by LonghornSean

3 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

I thought it was funny that they said that "Bama preferred not to play Oklahoma in Dallas so it will be in the Orange Bowl". Did they get to choose? Or is it just poor wording?

It would be total bullshit to give the #4 seed a home field advantage.

Change needed for this system for Georgia to get this close to getting in.  "Eye test" should be a low factor.  Conference champion weight needs to more of a factor.  Get rid of "best" as brings the eye test way too much as a factor......Herbie is horrible.  Going on and on.  

• Like 2

I don't know if the committee just pissed on Ohio State's leg or if they were intent on pissing on Urban Meyer's leg.  You can argue that Georgia should be ahead of both Oklahoma and Ohio St. (I don't agree with it but I can see it.) You can argue that Georgia should be behind both Oklahoma and Ohio St.  There is absolutely no logic to putting Georgia in between Oklahoma and Ohio State though.

• Like 1

Bama’s defense is average (by their standards).  OU has no problem scoring against a much better Georgia defense last year.  I have a feeling that they will put up their usual 45.  Now Bama probably won’t punt all game so it won’t matter, but it should be an entertaining game to watch.

Edited by IPoopOnWhoop

I am not saying Ruff is the greatest DC out there, but he is pretty damn good and his players generally really love him and go all out for him

I think there has been some improvement in this short time and I can guarantee you that Ruff will be coaching his ass off and working 24X7 and I think there will be improvement shown in this long break

the same D that sucked earlier in the year will not be stepping on the field for the playoffs......of course Alabama has all the coaching resources they could ever want, but still I think a different OU defense will be stepping on the field

2 minutes ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

Bama’s defense is average (by their standards).  OU has no problem scoring against a much better Georgia defense last year.  I have a feeling that they will put up their usual 45.  Now Bama probably won’t punt all game so it won’t matter, but it should be an entertaining game to watch.

So they are going to put up 45 on Alabama after putting up 37 against UT? You sure about that?