Official Surly - Texas at OK State Game Thread

Vertigo

Hager went after QB when he kneeled, a fight nearly ensured. Gundy runs out there, Herman sees him going on the field and freaks, and runs out there himself, arguing with the refs. They throw flags on him and Hager.

He didn’t go after QB. He went after the slot back. Bush league maybe but they’re still playing football right?

Yeah, I'm not sure he actually broke a football rule, but he definitely broke one of those "unwritten" rules where you don't go full speed at an offense that is clearly just kneeling the ball.  

Fuck “unwritten rules” - OKst broke countless WRITTEN rules without consequence tonight. The amount of holding on key plays was disgusting.

We should have been more prepared and played better, but we got fucking jobbed in a key road game once again by the worst officials in the business.

Fuck it - Go independent - AND hire better coaches who will actually coach to the potential of our talent.

I’m out.

• Like 2

Let's not pretend we were a juggernaut who just got outcoached, OSU came ready to play and we played like we have looked like we could.

Coaching still an issue and we are missing pieces, but we are where I feel we should be in year 2 of Herman era. We are on right path just not going to be able to shortcut the path.

2 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Yeah, I'm not sure he actually broke a football rule, but he definitely broke one of those "unwritten" rules where you don't go full speed at an offense that is clearly just kneeling the ball.  

Yeah, but refs don’t flag unwritten rules. 

Also what did herman do there that gundy didn’t do, that he caught a flag?  

Their QB was killing us all night long with keepers. I knew he was gonna keep it on third and goal (and he scored) and I knew he was gonna keep it on that that last third down to seal the game. We didn't come close to stopping either play.

Had we held them on third and goal, we likely would have won that fucking game.

Texas 11-84

OSU 4-52

Pretty much sums up the ball game. The biggest thing was the timing of the calls. Boyd was flat out held on the last TD. Locke was held on the final first down. We got called for holding on third down conversion on what should have been a safety if there was holding (there wasn't). All around poorly officiated game.

• Like 2

Just now, IDIOTsavant said:

Texas 11-84

OSU 4-52

Pretty much sums up the ball game. The biggest thing was the timing of the calls. Boyd was flat out held on the last TD. Locke was held on the final first down. We got called for holding on third down conversion on what should have been a safety if there was holding (there wasn't). All around poorly officiated game.

Texas was also the beneficiary of some missed calls. The last hold was on a different player who was in the end zone which would've resulted into a safety. They completely missed it. 

• Fuck You 1