Official Surly - Texas at OK State Game Thread

Vertigo

4 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I love these assholes. Fuck. We lost but I love these fuckers for wanting it. They couldn't come out of the hole they dug in the first half. Fuuuuck. Texas, I love you fuckers. You suck but I love your heart.

I at least love the fight in Ehlinger. If he'd been able to touch the ball for one more series we would have had a chance.

1 minute ago, this said:

Texas was also the beneficiary of some missed calls. The last hold was on a different player who was in the end zone which would've resulted into a safety. They completely missed it. 

Yeah we caught some breaks to.  We definitely didn't lose because of the refs.  Anderson definitely held on that play but I think the holding started just outside the end zone.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You’re an idiot.

You're a fucking moron if you don't think the defense lost this game.

They had 309 yards of offense at the 10:00 mark of the second quarter dumbass and if they would not have gone conservative with the lead they would have scored 50 on us.

Oh shit that QB keeper just worked again.

You are the blind idiot.

1 minute ago, this said:

Texas was also the beneficiary of some missed calls. The last hold was on a different player who was in the end zone which would've resulted into a safety. They completely missed it. 

Except that wasn’t a hold at all from the replay I saw. Guy fell on his face and Anderson put his hands on top of him, which is legal. 

7 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

In the end, it all came down to the Big XII refs calling offsides on a play when that simulated a fake snap and with one of the linemen moving.

Fuck this conference. I can't wait to leave this piece of shit conference with it's meathead refs that don't understand the rules at all. 

Lulz.  

It all came down to an unprepared and undisciplined, team, overall.   Don't be stupid and try to pin it on one play.   We played like shit. Point to that, dumbass.

No, no, no. There’s no other blame. This was straight up on Orlando.   HE was out coached in the first half. HIS defense was on a record pace for ineptitude for 30 minutes of that game.  

We don’t need Sam to pull a miracle out of his ass because Todd fucking Orlando can’t figure out the stretch play.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah, but refs don’t flag unwritten rules. 

Also what did herman do there that gundy didn’t do, that he caught a flag?  

I get it.  I'm not saying it's a great call by the ref, but you can make a good argument for throwing that flag.  Every game that ends with a kneel can't have a handful of players yapping like that and losing their temper.  It creates a dangerous situation for everyone.  On the next snap, one of those OL might make the executive decision to chop the knees of a defender who's just standing up and going at 1/4 speed at the snap.  

3 minutes ago, this said:

Questionable holding call (when osu was doing it all night) negated a first down. We didn’t get “lucky”

4 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Texas 11-84

OSU 4-52

Pretty much sums up the ball game. The biggest thing was the timing of the calls. Boyd was flat out held on the last TD. Locke was held on the final first down. We got called for holding on third down conversion on what should have been a safety if there was holding (there wasn't). All around poorly officiated game.

I swear I’m sick and tired of this shit every game. That simulated snap was utter bullshit

• Like 1

Just now, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Not that it would have mattered, but that onside kick decision was Garretesque. Stupid call, shit execution. It looked as though they had never practiced it - and with the game on the line that's what Mensa comes up with?

Yep should have just kicked it away. How often do onsides kicks work anyway? Gotta be pretty uncommon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Lulz.  

It all came down to an unprepared and undisciplined, team, overall.   Don't be stupid and try to pin it on one play.   We played like shit. Point to that, dumbass.

Except that play is absolutely critical. It directly lead to an OSU TD and prevented Texas from getting the ball back with more than a minute to play at the end of the half. To ignore how important it was is absurd, particularly given how well the team played in the second half. 

Just now, txbroadcaster said:

Nah he was pulling the jersey as well. It was a hold but I think the official felt it started outside the end zone

Yeah. Honestly, the safety would have been the better option in hindsight. They are up five, and starting on the other side of the field, if they stay conservative and vanilla, Texas might get the ball back down one score with a lot more time left. Not that Texas would have stopped them. 

6 minutes ago, this said:

You're literally describing the same play I described in my post. Are you fucking retarded? I'm sorry. Let me correct myself - YOU'RE FUCKING RETARDED.

• Like 1

You're a fucking moron if you don't think the defense lost this game.
They had 309 yards of offense at the 10:00 mark of the second quarter dumbass and if they would not have gone conservative with the lead they would have scored 50 on us.

Oh shit that QB keeper just worked again.

You are the blind idiot.

Whatever you say Lombardi.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Except that wasn’t a hold at all from the replay I saw. Guy fell on his face and Anderson put his hands on top of him, which is legal. 

this.  Just because a guy falls down doesn't mean he was dragged down.  I didn't see any hold on that play and I've watched the replay 5 times.  the guy lost his balance.  we caught a break on the chop block call but every other bs call in the game was against us.  Boyd was absolutely held/turned/mugged.

we lost because Todd Orlando didn't have his defense ready and we got torched on 3rd and 4th down in the first half

17 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

zero discipline hager. but hey keep living off your last name idiot.

Hager is just being Hager. He has been this way since he got here.  I think Orlando is a good DC, but it is on him that he sucks up to Hager. We have bigger, stronger, better D ends who should be getting majority of playing time. I don’t understand not playing your best athletes. Coach them up damn it.

Just now, GabrielsHorn said:

Except that play is absolutely critical. It directly lead to an OSU TD and prevented Texas from getting the ball back with more than a minute to play at the end of the half. To ignore how important it was is absurd, particularly given how well the team played in the second half. 

They didn't play that well in the 2H. They were playing against a below average team and still found a way to give up some god awful plays on defense and do some really stupid plays on offense.

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

To be fair, we had them stopped again when gundy didn’t catch us sleeping on 4th and 1, and Boyd was in perfect position but then terribly misplayed the ball in the air wham a bat down was all that was needed.