Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

14 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Also I can't quite tell but perhaps the number on top of the shoulders is gone too. This would be the perfect jersey we've been denied for too long 

Think the numbers are still there after a zoom. Really hoping the collar logo is actually gone and the chinstrap isn’t just covering it up, I hate that fucking thing.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

Can’t tell if that’s darker orange or not but apparently these are the new uni’s 

06DAB6C9-363B-4A6C-A370-390910E606DB.thumb.png.cb297a3b8dc1d424f3c4cbdad2638992.png

Here it is adjusted for lighting. Should resemble burnt orange, at least more than the recent past. If this is anything like the real thing, I'll be very happy.

Adjusted for Lighting.jpeg

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

I prefer losing the TEXAS too, but getting rid of that damned collar logo and fixing the shade of orange should be priorities 1a and 1b.

The TEXAS doesn’t really bother me, but I do prefer the jerseys without it. Just looks cleaner. And given that nobody else wears burnt orange, it seems kinda redundant.

This is our optimal look IMO…uncluttered Jersey, no helmet numbers…i could take or leave the pants stripes:

image.jpeg.81ceb2cb0799e39742925133848bb092.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I prefer losing the TEXAS too, but getting rid of that damned collar logo and fixing the shade of orange should be priorities 1a and 1b.

The TEXAS doesn’t really bother me, but I do prefer the jerseys without it. Just looks cleaner. And given that nobody else wears burnt orange, it seems kinda redundant.

This is our optimal look IMO…uncluttered Jersey, no helmet numbers…i could take or leave the pants stripes:

I heart Earl.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Think the numbers are still there after a zoom. Really hoping the collar logo is actually gone and the chinstrap isn’t just covering it up, I hate that fucking thing.

Glad to be wrong. Looks about as clean as it can to me.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Love the cleaner look.  Personally, I like "TEXAS" on the front, but what really puts me in the minority is that I don't like the sleeve stripes.  I'll never win that battle, though.

I like both sleeve and pants stripes.

Indifferent to TV numbers. Glad to get rid of collar Longhorn noggin.

Love the cleaner look.  Personally, I like "TEXAS" on the front, but what really puts me in the minority is that I don't like the sleeve stripes.  I'll never win that battle, though.

Kind of in the same boat. It looks clean without the strips.

But I would like no stripes and no texas on the jersey. It’s super redundant on an orange jersey. Everybody knows the team in orange even if they don’t follow college football.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Fred Akers was responsible for the stripes on the pants and adding "TEXAS" to the front of the jerseys.

Fuck that shit.

These are the best uniforms we ever wore.....spacer.png

We're people blind back then? The number is almost bigger than the shirt.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

That PSU uniform is badass.  Is that just a fan creation or are they headed that way?

It's a throwback that combines earlier PSU uniforms. Here's the description,

But the uniforms won’t call to mind just one bygone era.

The white helmets will sport blue numbers on the sides, like the team wore from the 1950s through the early ‘70s. The players will also wear white cleats calling to mind the 1979 Sugar Bowl. The jerseys will have white trim on the shoulders, as they were during the 1982 and 1986 national championship seasons.

Coach James Franklin says the uniforms are a perfect fit for what Penn State is dubbing its “Generations of Greatness” game — a tribute to various eras of the team.

Franklin says the retro uniform “shows and reinforces all the tremendous history and tradition that we have here.”

5 minutes ago, FartingDreamer said:

I think having TEXAS on the front along with the stripes on the sleeves makes the uniform pop out a little bit.  Without those features I think Texas uni's would be boring.  

Agreed

Which blue do you prefer for BYU? Royal or Navy?

On 7/7/2022 at 7:17 PM, Hank Chinaski said:

Horns best look imo. 

17 hours ago, FartingDreamer said:

I think having TEXAS on the front along with the stripes on the sleeves makes the uniform pop out a little bit.  Without those features I think Texas uni's would be boring.  

When it comes to football uniforms, I am a firm believer that, in general, boring is good, a feature not a bug. I’m a fan of subtlety. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, MuellerHorn said:

Here it is adjusted for lighting. Should resemble burnt orange, at least more than the recent past. If this is anything like the real thing, I'll be very happy.

Adjusted for Lighting.jpeg

Get Off My Lawn Time.

How many full or partial Nike logos can you spot on the uniform? (Do not include the football.)

I spy, with my little eye ... FOURTEEN (14)!

Compared to THREE (3) Longhorn logos.

Ok... bitching time over.  At least we don't look like a fucking NASCAR car any longer.

51 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Get Off My Lawn Time.

How many full or partial Nike logos can you spot on the uniform? (Do not include the football.)

I spy, with my little eye ... FOURTEEN (14)!

Compared to THREE (3) Longhorn logos.

Ok... bitching time over.  At least we don't look like a fucking NASCAR car any longer.

I counted seventeen. 

Edited by TXRed
Including the ball.