Mike Gundy solves college football's fake injury problems but not coronavirus or BLM

LTtxfan

As a society we have completely moved on from being able to disagree.  You have to be Stalin or hitler if your opinion is different than mine.  
Aggy is envious of your victim complex. Get over yourself.
Goddamnit, the CR brigade has shown up, somebody get the bleach. 
Gundy chose to make a transparently political statement. Gundy straight up created situation. Interesting that you have no issue with that, just the response. Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism or consequences.
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

No, going after someone for a wearing a news network teeshirt is ridiculous. Take a break from white knighting, you might just like how it feels. 

It's. Not. A. News. Network.

And Gundy's the one who CR'd it up, not his players.

Wikipedia is hardly the most authoritative source, but it's not a great sign that the controversies section here is larger than the rest of the page put together: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 3

Just now, 'stache said:

Like I said, if the opinions of athletes upset you so much, maybe find a hobby that doesn't involve athletes who have opinions.

Upset? It’s Okie State, they can losing every fucking game and I wouldn’t give a shit. I just think their position on this issue is silly. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Look, those (unpaid) young black men just need to shut up and get CTE for my (white) entertainment and the wallets of those rich (white) guys. Just shut their mouths and injure themselves and others for sport.

Also, they need to realize that it's OK for their coach to support outlets that celebrate the systematic oppression of their people.

Just shut up, hurt yourself, get permanent brain damage, and thank me for the privilege!

ef532b6c3ebda90a886eca7902ba35aa.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Just now, Poe It Up said:

Upset? It’s Okie State, they can losing every fucking game and I wouldn’t give a shit. I just think their position on this issue is silly. 

if your boss sent out racist emails all day long would you look for a new job?

Edited by 4th&Five

26 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

back to gundy, what happens when a teams walks out on a coach ? Any chance he can talk his way out of this with the team ?

I expect a mea culpa and an opportunity to discuss things with the team will work, especially if loses the mullet.

57 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

He watches a certain news channel? Jesus Christ, who gives a shit. 

Loyal OAN viewer  = racist. It is impossible to logically argue against this point.

Why would a player want a racist coach?

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's. Not. A. News. Network.

And Gundy's the one who CR'd it up, not his players.

Wikipedia is hardly the most authoritative source, but it's not a great sign that the controversies section here is larger than the rest of the page put together: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

No defense to OAN, but I don't think you can use Wikipedia as an unbiased source here as it very much is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From a former OKSt LB that transferred.  From this morning before all this went down:

OK State = tone down your blackness

Baylor = don’t be gay

Can we leave this backwoods conference of ignorant potatoes? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I didn't even know what OAN was.  

They're the ones who "reported" that the old man who the police gave brain damage to in Buffalo was an "antifa" plant who faked his fall. This statement was based on the following journalistic investigation:

• Like 1

Just now, F250 said:

So did Herman slide into Chuba's DM yet?

This is definitely going into the negative recruiting folder.

Gary Patterson on lines 1-4. But wear a rain jacket, there’s sweat pouring through the phone 

• Haha 2

Typically dumb responses here from some of the usual suspects.

Any fan base should be upset at their head coach if he wears any politically charged shirt out and about town. Why the hell can't he just wear an Oklahoma State shirt, a Nike shirt, or something general and bland? It's just dumb.

I'd think it's a dumb move if I saw Herman or any Texas coach wearing anything controversial at any time. Tom Herman has given video interviews about a highly charged topic right now, but regardless of his stance on the issue(s) he has been wearing a Texas Longhorn shirt in each one. For the march to the Capitol it was a black shirt, but it was a Longhorn shirt with a Longhorn logo and that's it.

It's not very difficult.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

LOL - you're not upset?  Somebody must have logged in and posted a bunch of bullshit...change your password. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Typically dumb responses here from some of the usual suspects.

Any fan base should be upset at their head coach if he wears any politically charged shirt out and about town. Why the hell can't he just wear an Oklahoma State shirt, a Nike shirt, or something general and bland? It's just dumb.

I'd think it's a dumb move if I saw Herman or any Texas coach wearing anything controversial at any time. Tom Herman has given video interviews about a highly charged topic right now, but regardless of his stance on the issue(s) he has been wearing a Texas Longhorn shirt in each one. For the march to the Capitol it was a black shirt, but it was a Longhorn shirt with a Longhorn logo and that's it.

It's not very difficult.

Yeah, it's not difficult - for Tom.  Gundy is an idiot redneck with a mullet that coaches in buttfuck, OK.  Not really the same thing.  But your point stands...

38 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

When someone says, "Keep politics out of sports." what they mean is "Keep politics I disagree with out of sports."

Sure, but most people involved in sports are hypocrites, so really they should keep politics out of sports.

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

He watches a certain news channel? Jesus Christ, who gives a shit

Great question.  Maybe it's not a big deal...

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The best offensive/defensive players on his team.

Oh. 

See when people say 'who gives a shit?' when they support some backwards ass views on a topic... what they really mean is "Nobody should give a shit!!!!"  Because they are triggered as all fuck when there's consequences for words...funny how many times that's how these conversations go. 

'Just STFU and go get some CTE for me'

• Like 8