Official Surly - Texas at Kansas Game Thread

Vertigo

Just now, Specktrout said:

Game over. Finally. Laughingly lame league we live in. Felt like watching the Raycom game of the week. Not sure which team to hope for in the ccg...

Our league is great. We have amazing offenses and cool fanbases. I don't know what the fuck you people want. I mean yeah the refs and front office suck but most other conferences also suck in those areas.

• Like 2

We will take it, but Herman needs to bring a veteran coach on his staff that can help his teams be more consistent. He and his coaches obviously have not figured it out and I'm going back to his time at Houston. There is always game or two a year teams have let downs, but damn. We can't do it consistently quarter to quarter.

• Like 2

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Our league is great. We have amazing offenses and cool fanbases. I don't know what the fuck you people want. I mean yeah the refs and front office suck but most other conferences also suck in those areas.

A ton of Non-arena football games would be nice. Look, I’m happy as the next guy about going to the ccg. Mensa is ahead of schedule all things considered and the sky is the limit now imo.

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fuck that  you pussies think the conference is the problem  It ain’t   We shoulda stomped them to the point where shitty refs don’t matter   

Agreed. We did not play well. But you are nuts if you think any Texas game has been called fairly this year. Even my cooger high in laws were complaining todat

4 minutes ago, alyeska said:

Agreed. We did not play well. But you are nuts if you think any Texas game has been called fairly this year. Even my cooger high in laws were complaining todat

You’re fucking retarded. This game was called fine. This season, for the most part, has been called fine. Crybaby bitches like you will sit here and whine no matter what.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

No shit man.

What are are total points combined for the 3 loses?

Exactly. Is Herman perfect? No. But no coach or player is. I just wanted a win today. On the road in the conference for a chance to go to the first Big 12 title game in almost a decade. Wasn't pretty but I never thought the game was in doubt. Enjoy the win and kick back and watch WVU/OU tonight to see whom we play. People were so fickle today. Talking about losing any time any play went against us.

• Like 2

Found the village idiot

No he’s right. There are some miserable motherfuckers on here who will bitch about anything and assume a loss at the first sign of adversity. My working theory is these are largely the same train wrecks being described in the holiday misery thread.

I can’t even check the game thread during the game anymore.
  • Like 1

It's possible the big 12 is a league with a lot of good teams this year, so much so that even Kansas is improved. We should all be happy that we have broken out of the doldrums and are playing for a conference championship. Things are looking up for Texas.

Everyone with the mentality of "we suck if we don't dominate shitty Kansas" or "we should be elite bc our uniform has the word Texas on it" are missing the fucking point. It's hard to do well, it doesn't happen bc of the name on the Jersey or because you should, you have to make it happen. And we should be enjoying it.

• Like 7