Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

So was the Russian general killed or did Putin put a hit out on him?

Probably killed.  There's been some high-ranking Russian officers having to get up to the front to unfuck logistics, etc.

And then there's a chance that the people around him hated him, and so they'd automatically salute him anytime he came near, hoping a sniper was watching.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Well considering morale, maybe the troops are happy since their leadership is taking hits. I mean not all Generals are good. 

Latest reports are coming in from the front lines and it is the strangest thing.  All these Generals seemed to be catching stray shrapnel in the back of the head.  Twice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I think at this point if I put on my Harry Potter cape and started throwing out Unforgivable curses with a stick I could get a Russian battalion to surrender

This dork cut, I approve. My need to grab my bat’leth and join you.

Season 1 Cartoon GIF by Paramount+

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Think GWB and "Mission Accomplished"

In this particular context, a rather inapt analogy.  Because, although the job was far from over, unlike Russia, we had just put on a military CLINIC. It was in many senses premature, but it was not propaganda.

Because, again, we whipped their fucking asses militarily. (this is less the 9-year old in my going all America, fuck yeah, but more a tribute to our military and drawing a contrast between it and this Russian shitshow, which has given me a newfound appreciation for our military).

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In this particular context, a rather inapt analogy.  Because, although the job was far from over, unlike Russia, we had just put on a military CLINIC. It was in many senses premature, but it was not propaganda.

Because, again, we whipped their fucking asses militarily. (this is less the 9-year old in my going all America, fuck yeah, but more a tribute to our military and drawing a contrast between it and this Russian shitshow, which has given me a newfound appreciation for our military).

Yep.

It was the whole “trying to keep the crumbling sandcastle up while also being shot at/blown up” part of the mission that the administration was somewhat short sighted on.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And that's what led Putin into his current predicament.  He wanted shock and awe.  The US military made it so fucking easy.  He decided that was his new strategy.  He doesn't know much effort and adaptation of tech and material it took.  It took the military fighting with Congress saying we didn't need any new tanks and we don't want them.    

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

So then you tell your troops to give any armored personnel carrier with an antenna farm on top extra attention. That’s probably a unit commander of some sort. 

That's been SOP in every military since the invention of radios.  If it has an antenna, kill it and check it out later.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

That's been SOP in every military since the invention of radios.  If it has an antenna, kill it and check it out later.

Yes. But it seems the Russians were trying to communicate with modified phones that they cockblocked themselves by destroying the cellular network. So now those APCs with the antlers are doubly important. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Was going to mention this at some point because i work for one of said accounting firms above -  we were notified yesterday this was being done. The exact wording was that Russia and Belarus were leaving the FIRM network.  All of these firms setup limited partnerships in each individual country.  Now many of the individual country partnerships work together and enter into joint contracts that may be terminated, but they are separately owned and operated businesses. 

Which means those groups still exist and work, they just aren't a part of the global firm network and will no longer have access to the same infrastructure. Gotta be an awkward conversation to have to tell a client that they need to pay your last invoice (in dollars only), and that we can no longer serve you because your country has invaded another and is shelling hospitals and kindergartens. 

How will multinational US based companies complete their audits for Russian based operations ?  

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yes. But it seems the Russians were trying to communicate with modified phones that they cockblocked themselves by destroying the cellular network. So now those APCs with the antlers are doubly important. 

shoot everyone that looks different ?

1 hour ago, Ten Bears said:

Latest reports are coming in from the front lines and it is the strangest thing.  All these Generals seemed to be catching stray shrapnel in the back of the head.  Twice.

I heard that one fell down an elevator shaft. Onto some bullets. 

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

I'm sure he recorded that, and then bugged out in a nanosecond after recording stopped.

The best part is in 6 days, when mercenaries break into his office, see him faced away and spin his chair around only to see a dummy with a wig sitting there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

The best part is in 6 days, when mercenaries break into his office, see him faced away and spin his chair around only to see a dummy with a wig sitting there.

There definitely needs to be a monitor in his office that turns on showing Zelenskyy's face saying "das vedanya Russian warship." right before he clicks a remote detonator.

• Haha 1

So I got to thinking again, I wonder how much construction demolition explosives they'd have in a place like Kyiv?  It makes me wonder if you know you may face a siege with an eventual invasion into the city, would you take these type of explosives and set fallback points with it?  Perhaps even knock a few buildings down either on top of them or at a minimum in their way.  It may not come to that, but if they did have any semtex or a more modern equivalent, wouldn't you do that?  I know I would.  

6 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So I got to thinking again, I wonder how much construction demolition explosives they'd have in a place like Kyiv?  It makes me wonder if you know you may face a siege with an eventual invasion into the city, would you take these type of explosives and set fallback points with it?  Perhaps even knock a few buildings down either on top of them or at a minimum in their way.  It may not come to that, but if they did have any semtex or a more modern equivalent, wouldn't you do that?  I know I would.  

It takes weeks and weeks to set something up like that.  If you're gonna do that then I would go with the Home Alone route and just set traps everywhere

Just now, FartingMonk said:

It takes weeks and weeks to set something up like that.  If you're gonna do that then I would go with the Home Alone route and just set traps everywhere

I completely get what you are saying, but at this point they've had nearly two weeks of on going siege and war.  In a scenario like that, don't you use all the resources available to you?  This is fairly common stuff, and in this instance you aren't looking for pinpoint demolition, more of a kinetic energy demolition (i.e. you don't need a study or heavy engineering, just using it at the appropriate time can make a difference).  This stuff is pretty common because its so stable.  If you have it, don't you use it?

• Hook 'Em 1