Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

If you want to geek out about units - while the Ukrainians are being very cagey about their units and where they are at, plenty of info about Russian units, and somebody compiled a little summary for future boardgamers/videogame developers.

the map gives you a little sense of how confined an area some of this is playing out, in terms of the land bridge to Crimea.

At the same time, you can see how long the front is.

Fyl5se6X0AE9cdr?format=jpg&name=large

About those nukes in Belarus

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

ouch

I have no information on the veracity of the Killed/Wounded number.   But as Ukraine is engaged in a fairly constant offensive on multiple fronts it would seem reasonable that the number of RU killed would be toward the upper end of prior daily reporting.  7,390 Killed over 10 days is an average of 739 RU soldiers killed per day which is high, but is less than some of the higher days we have seen (Per Ukraine Defense reporting).   To get to a wounded amount of 29,000 that would be a killed/wounded ratio of just under 4:1 which is in line with expectations of a 3-5:1 ratio.

So not really that unrealistic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So, I've seen some idle speculation about the eventual possibility that Ukraine could cross the dried-up lake into Russian-occupied territory when the dam was destroyed but didn't give it too much thought since it'd likely be a muddy mess for a while.

What if my assumption is wrong though? Give it another week or so? How farfetched would that notion be? 

It looks like the Russians have barely fortified their side of the lake. Too risky with the Zap NPP there? Would that be why they were so comfortable draining the lake?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, ABSR said:

I have no information on the veracity of the Killed/Wounded number.   But as Ukraine is engaged in a fairly constant offensive on multiple fronts it would seem reasonable that the number of RU killed would be toward the upper end of prior daily reporting.  7,390 Killed over 10 days is an average of 739 RU soldiers killed per day which is high, but is less than some of the higher days we have seen (Per Ukraine Defense reporting).   To get to a wounded amount of 29,000 that would be a killed/wounded ratio of just under 4:1 which is in line with expectations of a 3-5:1 ratio.

Chuck isn't a reliable source. That's been evident for a while now.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, bolverk said:

So, I've seen some idle speculation about the eventual possibility that Ukraine could cross the dried-up lake into Russian-occupied territory when the dam was destroyed but didn't give it too much thought since it'd likely be a muddy mess for a while.

What if my assumption is wrong though? Give it another week or so? How farfetched would that notion be? 

It looks like the Russians have barely fortified their side of the lake. Too risky with the Zap NPP there? Would that be why they were so comfortable draining the lake?

It's going to be a while. You're talking about needing to take 50+ ton equipment across a lake bed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, ABSR said:

If it can be used to judge the loss of men at the front, I'm getting about an equal number of !Hot_Russianllsm?Babesc as !Hot_Ukranianllsm?Babesc caught in my spam folder.

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That meeting a few days ago that Putin had...

Some of the analysts don't buy it, and think Putin said that to please them, but that Putin probably knows a lot more than they do.

I’m amazed at how sloppy they all look. One is even in a fucking ball cap.    Soviets of old must be turning over in their grave…  

also seems no one trusted the finger foods, lol 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

I’m amazed at how sloppy they all look. One is even in a fucking ball cap.    Soviets of old must be turning over in their grave…  

also seems no one trusted the finger foods, lol 

Imagine if we called up the National Defense Council and got the best Call of Duty players we could find (Add to the circumstances of speaking out of turn or being wrong and perhaps being killed) and this is what you get.  Sounds bad right? Now imagine that POTUS and the Pentagon might actually be taking into account their opinions.

Oh boy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last year in the run-up to February, and the offensives after, and even during the mobilizations in the fall/early this year, we saw plenty of videos of Russian forces (vehicles, hardware) being moved in large numbers by train or truck. I can understand that stuff not being moved in large numbers once it gets into Ukraine, but it seems like there should be a shitload of Russians being moved through Russia to Ukraine.

But where's the video? Don't want to get my hopes up, but those who are saying that this is all Russia has left, and their reserves are paper thin, they seem to be right. And Russia isn't exactly pumping out a lot of video to support their being able to competently repel these counteroffensives. They may have air superiority close to the Russian border, but me thinks they don't have the ability to  truly project close-air-support in large numbers because of all of the MANPADs floating around.

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Last year in the run-up to February, and the offensives after, and even during the mobilizations in the fall/early this year, we saw plenty of videos of Russian forces (vehicles, hardware) being moved in large numbers by train or truck. I can understand that stuff not being moved in large numbers once it gets into Ukraine, but it seems like there should be a shitload of Russians being moved through Russia to Ukraine.

But where's the video? Don't want to get my hopes up, but those who are saying that this is all Russia has left, and their reserves are paper thin, they seem to be right. And Russia isn't exactly pumping out a lot of video to support their being able to competently repel these counteroffensives. They may have air superiority close to the Russian border, but me thinks they don't have the ability to  truly project close-air-support in large numbers because of all of the MANPADs floating around.

Don't mean to preach to the choir... but I think they're already there.

11 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Don't mean to preach to the choir... but I think they're already there.

If that's truly all they have, then it begs the question of when will Putin start drafting/mobilizing in the largest cities. What's the line in the sand for him to go after those men - does he wait for the Ukrainians to be on the outskirts of Sevastopol?

• Hook 'Em 1

What Belhorod doing?

Gents, we are getting exactly what we are supposed to be fed at this point. 

I suspect coordination between Ukraine intelligence and our own to make the current feed happen. 

Everything is a smoke screen and we won't know shit for weeks or a month at least.

Buenos nochetarde... mi peepee sueno

• Hook 'Em 5

Fierce battles have ensued in the south and east of Ukraine as Russian forces push back against a counteroffensive aimed at driving them from the region
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraines-offensive-meets-strong-russian-riposte-4d588bdf?st=4u21j74kf3802ty&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

More missiles making it to Ukrainian civilian centers as Ukraine’s Air Defense gets strained

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

It's worth mentioning the confidence being instilled by the Bradley's in action.

The soldiers know they are safe inside them no matter what the orcs throw at them. That's fucking huge from a morale standpoint. 

I imagine that's especially true when they've seen lots of Russians burned to death inside smoldering BTRs. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Residents of Belgorod region complained about looting by the Russian military

Russian soldiers are breaking into houses and stealing personal belongings in villages in Belgorod region from which the authorities removed local residents.

"They live in our houses, lead an ugly lifestyle, alcohol and other things are left in the form of garbage and dirt, toilets and houses are polluted, personal belongings and property are stolen," a resident of Novaya Tavolzhanka in the Shebekinsky urban district complained to the regional governor.

According to her, Russian soldiers stole a quad bike from her garage, which "is now often seen in Novaya Tavolzhanka districts". They also stole a car trailer. Another resident of Belgorod region noted that many people do not leave their homes "if only because there are such bastards who steal everything, down to a hair iron".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

"They live in our houses, lead an ugly lifestyle, alcohol and other things are left in the form of garbage and dirt, toilets and houses are polluted, personal belongings and property are stolen," a resident of Novaya Tavolzhanka in the Shebekinsky urban district complained to the regional governor.

According to her, Russian soldiers stole a quad bike from her garage, which "is now often seen in Novaya Tavolzhanka districts". They also stole a car trailer. Another resident of Belgorod region noted that many people do not leave their homes "if only because there are such bastards who steal everything, down to a hair iron".

its too fucking bad Russia doesnt have a Third Amendment.

advantage:

america-hurricane.gif

5nXD.gif

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Russian soldiers are breaking into houses and stealing personal belongings in villages in Belgorod region from which the authorities removed local residents.

Fucking awesome. The fucking soldiers are treating their own people the exact same way they treated the people of Bucha. Steal everything, and I am certain it's only a matter of time before we start hearing about rape and murders of russian citizens by russian soliders. It's all they know how to do. It's disgusting, but you know what, Russian citizens, you can always join the other side. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

image.gif.b38dd0dccb4f3ec289586e45b264816d.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fucking awesome. The fucking soldiers are treating their own people the exact same way they treated the people of Bucha. Steal everything, and I am certain it's only a matter of time before we start hearing about rape and murders of russian citizens by russian soliders. It's all they know how to do. It's disgusting, but you know what, Russian citizens, you can always join the other side. 

Except once that starts happening, the Russian people will just shrug and go on with life.   They have a completely different way of looking at stuff like this.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2