Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

UK MoD shares satelitte image of the destroyed Russian Ropucha-class landing ship Minsk & Kilo-class Rostov-on-Don (B-237) submarine in Sevastopol.

Note that they were destroyed by British Storm Shadow cruise missiles fired from Ukrainian Su-24s.

UK MoD notes that “any effort to return the submarine to service is likely to take many years and cost hundreds of millions of dollars. There is a realistic possibility that the complex task of removing the wreckage from the dry docks will place them out of use for many months.”

Adding that “The loss of the Rostov removes one of the BSF’s four cruise-missile capable submarines which have played a major role in striking Ukraine and projecting Russian power across the Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean.”

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

not sure this goes anywhere but it would be a big deal if the UN looks for a way to kick Russia off the UNSC

Russia out of the UNSC? South Korea and US say Putin-Kim arms deal would violate UN sanctions South Korea and the US have agreed that military cooperation between Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un would violate UN sanctions. Senior diplomats and defence officials from both countries have urged Moscow to acknowledge its responsibilities as a UN Security Council member. It comes after South Korea's National Security Council (NSC) said yesterday that North Korea and Russia would "pay a price" if they violate council resolutions.

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 8

7 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Yesterday, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu approved a list of diseases with which citizens will not be able to serve under contract during mobilization, martial law and wartime. The list consists of 26 points, including HIV, hepatitis B and C, diabetes mellitus, all forms of active tuberculosis, drug addiction, lack of limbs or a kidney.

As if Ruzzians need more motivation to start sniffing glue. 

3 hours ago, MillerEP said:

A couple of weeks ago I was returning home when I came upon a car accident.  Some small Nissan was on its side and I saw two heads sticking out the driver side of the car and a small group of people.  I pulled over ran out and stood in a growing puddle of gasoline to grab one of the women out of the car with help from two other men.   I cannot imagine how callous or traumatized those people are so that they just drive on by.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 9/14/2023 at 4:28 PM, Chopper said:

I was on a flight yesterday and just as the plane took off the guy seated next to me asked, "Are you familiar with the offshore platforms the Ukrainians recently captured on the Black Sea near Crimea?"

"As a matter of fact, yes."

In a hushed voice, he continued. "The russians were using those to monitor the entire Black Sea. And it's amazing how quickly re-capturing those paid off because there's no way the Ukes would have spotted a submarine above water without being able to utilize those platforms. Russia's militarization of oil platforms got turned in their faces and they were caught unprepared and flat-footed."

And then before I could even ask if he had proof or whether it was circumstantial, the plane landed. Short flight. Burbank to LAX.

Sounds as credible as porta potty chick

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

A couple of weeks ago I was returning home when I came upon a car accident.  Some small Nissan was on its side and I saw two heads sticking out the driver side of the car and a small group of people.  I pulled over ran out and stood in a growing puddle of gasoline to grab one of the women out of the car with help from two other men.   I cannot imagine how callous or traumatized those people are so that they just drive on by.

Digits or nah?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The Israelis converted a bunch of Shermans using French 102 mm guns (that was barrel shortened and had a unique muzzle brake.). They stuck them on some Shermans (with the larger turrets using the 1944 era 76 mm canon) - and the M-51 was born.  

They even fucked up a bunch of Arab Russian tanks in the Yom Kippur war. Nobody wanted to be hit by a T-55 with Sherman armor, but the Israeli tankers were so well trained they were able to get off a lot of shots from greater distances than the Arab tankers using Russian kit.  

IMG_1697.jpeg.11a6ba05254e9bd0ab1a4c77c074419c.jpeg

Sort of the last charge of the fighting Shermans.   I think some wound up in Chile.  If I could buy one of those babies that worked and get it to Ukraine, I would love to meet my maker trying to blow up T-55s with Russians in them.  

It did seem like based on that video they intend on using them as artillery.  What I did think was funny was, at least in the video, it seems their strategy is to use them as a wall or massing of firepower.   Parking a bunch of these together given the nature of drones and precision artillery we have given the Ukrainians seems like a bad idea.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Wonder what this means exactly 

Depending on where in the Black Sea Russia is launching from and at what, the drones may/will come close to Romanian airspace and territorial waters.  Especially true if targeting Ukraine's shipping facilities on the Danube, or just the Odessa region in general.

Russia opened that door.

Ukraine-Map.jpg

5 hours ago, BamaATL said:

It did seem like based on that video they intend on using them as artillery.  What I did think was funny was, at least in the video, it seems their strategy is to use them as a wall or massing of firepower.   Parking a bunch of these together given the nature of drones and precision artillery we have given the Ukrainians seems like a bad idea.  

I think you are right. A while back I read that that was the plan, and that article talked about the T-55 barrels being unsuited for firing the amount of rounds the Russians intended.  Instead, the tanks would soon have overheated barrels that might blow up - or at the very least, they would be wildly inaccurate at the distance they feel safe firing.

So I guess they can fire on large apartment complexes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The events around Andriivka are even more devastating for the Russian army than anticipated.

According to the Ukrainian 3rd Separate Assault Brigade the village was completely surrounded, killing command staff of Russian 72nd Separate Motor Rifle Brigade and trapping some parts of the brigade. During the entire battle, large portions of the army unit were destroyed or captured, effectively destroying the entire Russian 72nd Separate Motor Rifle Brigade.

The destruction of this Russian army unit rips a hole in the Russian defenses south of Bakhmut and further complicates the situation for the Russian army which already has sent large reserves to the Zaporizhzhia Front, exposing other frontlines such as this one.

Source: t.me/ab3army/3148

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1702970283382960300?t=awh5xFQUq-TfLiN1dZPuhg&s=19 

Video^ Russians open artillery fire on a group of Russian military who are trying to surrender to the Ukrainian soldiers of the 3rd brigade. Recently liberated Andriivka. 

As the soldiers of the 3rd brigade of 🇺🇦 tell - "Arrival. There is silence at the command post. The smoke clears - all ours are unharmed, one of captured Russians - in pieces, two are lucky and are taken out to live. Luck plays a role in war."

Edit: here's a video that embeds

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

PUTIN’S STUPIDITY

️ Putin allowed the development of over two dozen 🇷🇺 private military companies & dozens more at the local level. As I have said for over a year: This was Putin’s greatest domestic error, ceding the monopoly on violence, that will destabilize his regime:

Today, one of these groups seized the territory of the Dulysma oil company in the 🇷🇺 Irkutsk region.

Video from the scene shows the guards shooting in the air and laying company employees on the ground.

There will be more and more of these guys with machine guns, riding around Russia, and more and more issues in Russia will be resolved in this way.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

PUTIN’S STUPIDITY

️ Putin allowed the development of over two dozen 🇷🇺 private military companies & dozens more at the local level. As I have said for over a year: This was Putin’s greatest domestic error, ceding the monopoly on violence, that will destabilize his regime:

Today, one of these groups seized the territory of the Dulysma oil company in the 🇷🇺 Irkutsk region.

Video from the scene shows the guards shooting in the air and laying company employees on the ground.

There will be more and more of these guys with machine guns, riding around Russia, and more and more issues in Russia will be resolved in this way.

I think its going to be worse than that, he had the Duma give local governors of oblasts and republics give them the right/demand to raise their own militias as well.  So what you are going to have are several private military contractors (we are aware of at least 12), 46ish militias, all arming themselves to fight whom?  Well it's either their own citizens or it's the state or each other.  Any way you slice it, Russia is now a country run by state sanctioned war lords.   Russia was a terrible place largely run by gangsters prior to all this, now the gangsters have been given the green light to elevate themselves to warlords.  What could go wrong?

If you want to go down a rabbit hole, read all about the Vor culture in Russia.  These are the guys largely in charge now.  

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, Nivek said:

Seriously. A few years ago I was driving to Houston from Austin, and 71 was completely empty. I saw a big SUV, like a Tahoe or Suburban 100 yards ahead of me lose traction and flip on its side and off the rode on the right shoulder. I stopped, rushed down to help, and got the woman out and made sure she was ok, which she was, perfectly fine, just shaken. 

During one of the big Houston floods, Harvey or one of the Memorial Day floods, I was driving in rice military, which is all townhomes stacked on top of each other and narrow AF streets with deep drainage ditches. The water was deep enough the roads all looked like rivers. I saw a small compact car like a civic or Corolla actually drive straight into a drainage ditch nose first and go straight up into the air at like a 70 degree angle. I stopped my car and rushed out to make sure the guy driving wasn’t going to fucking drown. Others rushed with me. 

I can’t imagine a universe in either case where I just drive by without stopping. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Seriously. A few years ago I was driving to Houston from Austin, and 71 was completely empty. I saw a big SUV, like a Tahoe or Suburban 100 yards ahead of me lose traction and flip on its side and off the rode on the right shoulder. I stopped, rushed down to help, and got the woman out and made sure she was ok, which she was, perfectly fine, just shaken. 

During one of the big Houston floods, Harvey or one of the Memorial Day floods, I was driving in rice military, which is all townhomes stacked on top of each other and narrow AF streets with deep drainage ditches. The water was deep enough the roads all looked like rivers. I saw a small compact car like a civic or Corolla actually drive straight into a drainage ditch nose first and go straight up into the air at like a 70 degree angle. I stopped my car and rushed out to make sure the guy driving wasn’t going to fucking drown. Others rushed with me. 
I can’t imagine a universe in either case where I just drive by without stopping. 

I can. It’s called Russia.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Back in college days, I remember driving down Holcombe in a Cherokee at a pretty high clip and creating a pretty nice wake behind the SUV. After awhile, I got water in the alternator and had to stop to let it dry out. It was still raining decently hard and not one person stopped to help me out so I could get to the TMC for my summer job. There are plenty of callous people everywhere.

33 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Back in college days, I remember driving down Holcombe in a Cherokee at a pretty high clip and creating a pretty nice wake behind the SUV. After awhile, I got water in the alternator and had to stop to let it dry out. It was still raining decently hard and not one person stopped to help me out so I could get to the TMC for my summer job. There are plenty of callous people everywhere.

You weren't hurt or in direct need of help.  I was once driving on I-35 out of Austin when the bridge was iced over.  Most cars were just stopping, and letting only one car at a time drive at idle speed across the bridge.  I waited my turn and followed suit.  Some dipshit decided not to, and joined me on the bridge.  He drove faster than I did and then I watched him spin out and the back of his car hit the concrete rails.  As I idled on by, I looked over, smiled and waved.   He earned that.  He was fine. 

4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

F6H-jDyWgAA6fvg?format=jpg&name=medium

It’s pretty clear that Russia has ceased any attempt at achieving more significant territorial gains or to defeat the Ukrainian military. They’ve settled on hurting the civilian populace as much as they can in the hopes it will bring the leadership to the table. It’s not likely to work but it is pretty much the option they have left. You’ve noticed they don’t use their missiles on military targets at all anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

It’s pretty clear that Russia has ceased any attempt at achieving more significant territorial gains or to defeat the Ukrainian military. They’ve settled on hurting the civilian populace as much as they can in the hopes it will bring the leadership to the table. It’s not likely to work but it is pretty much the option they have left. You’ve noticed they don’t use their missiles on military targets at all anymore. 

Listening to the BBC last night (god…our media is such shit in comparison), and one of the guys they had on was ex American military, Cold War era. He talked about Soviet doctrine, and how Russia was still following it…and it might work.
Let your opponent wear himself out, ceding some but minimal territory to him. When he’s lost any men/materiel advantage he might have had, use your superior artillery numbers and manpower reserves (ultimately, what’s important is bodies; 3-4 untrained ones are as good as a trained one, and Russia has plenty to mobilize still)…that’s when you advance.
Russia can wait this out for a long time. Ukraine can’t.
There’s still a solid path to victory for Russia. Sure, it will lose many more lives and equipment…but they don’t care.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1