Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 hours ago, BamaATL said:

The good news is that this wasn't unexpected, they had an election on part of the new governments policy points was winding down military aid to Ukraine.  The bad news is they elected a right wing nutter who appears to be attempting to follow the Orban playbook.  

This is close to correct except Robert Fico is a left-wing nutter and his Smer party, his Smer party was until recently part of the EU social democrat wing till it got booted because of him. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

Okay, that’s actually the real table and I why he’s worried about an assassination attempt.  After all, he’s meeting with the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill; Grand Mufti of Russia and Chairman of the Central Spiritual Directorate of Muslims of Russia Talgat Tadzhuddin; Chairman of the Religious Board of Muslims of Russia Ravil Gaynutdin; Head of the Buddhist Traditional Sangha of Russia Pandito Khambo Lama Damba Ayusheev; and Chief Rabbi of Russia Berel Lazar, as well as leaders of the Armenian Apostolic Church, the Old-Rite Russian Orthodox Church and Union of Evangelical Faith Christians (Pentecostals).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

On 10/24/2023 at 4:28 PM, Viper said:

Russians also get their history wrong, Halloween isn't pagan and doesn't seem to have anything to do with Samhain other than coincidentally falling on the same date.

Goddamit. I was going to be lazy this year, but if these Baba Yuckos are against it, I guess I have to put up the Halloween decorations. 

Slava Ukraine and Slava Samhain motherfuckers. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The clear choice in this country is aid to Ukraine or no aid to Ukraine. There is no real choice to be more aggressive in how Ukraine is armed. Whatever mistakes have been made, I feel fortunate that they're getting the ATACMS at all at this point. That they received 1980s built main battle tanks. That they're getting F-16 fighter jet training. 

Whatever political will that has successfully pushed for more weapons, with more modern and lethal equipment and ammunition, is coming from the same side that has been hesitant in supplying it in the first place. So I'm just grateful it's happened at all. I am completely unsympathetic to any criticisms of the approach of this administration to Ukraine, because I have seen no evidence that there's a better choice available. 

I wish that wasn't the case. But it is. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

I will get the Tacos on the road. @MissingInAction is in charge of Jerky  

I will listen to the Florida-Georgia game and amuse you by screaming, crying, drinking heavily, and pissing on myself when I pass out.

All I ask is that you put me on the shoulder instead of the road when you dump me out. 

• Haha 4

^Metaphor?

The White House has learned that the Russian military is executing its soldiers

"We have information that the Russian military is actually executing soldiers who refuse to obey orders. We also have information that Russian commanders are threatening to shoot entire units if they try to retreat from Ukrainian artillery fire," White House National Se

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

Probably being naive, but you gotta think this doesn't sit well with Russians. 

Russian finance minister Siluanov: Russia will double its military spending in 2024.

"Total spending on national defense will increase significantly compared to previous years. 29% of all budget expenditures are aimed at our main task today - to ensure our victory. Before the special military operation, national defense expenditures were half as much - 14% of budget expenditures. Now it is 29% of expenditures"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck yeah, @Brisketexan can drive. We can drink Ukrainian vodka. 

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I have family in Tucson.

I know of at least one Ukrainian rotgut vodka brand.

In.

Let me help you gentlemen. Although I'm somehwat shocked and ashamed you haven't been drinking Ukranian vodka since the start of the war. Total Wine I believe donates a percent of sales to Ukraine. 

Khor Ukrainian Vodka - 750ml

Kruto Original Vodka

And this was at Costco last weekend, for a more upscale option that I'm sure in no way appeals to you unwashed rabble:

Kruto Vodka Flawless Blue | Goody Goody Liquor

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Probably being naive, but you gotta think this doesn't sit well with Russians. 
Russian finance minister Siluanov: Russia will double its military spending in 2024.
"Total spending on national defense will increase significantly compared to previous years. 29% of all budget expenditures are aimed at our main task today - to ensure our victory. Before the special military operation, national defense expenditures were half as much - 14% of budget expenditures. Now it is 29% of expenditures"

From 3 days to nearly a third of the budget.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let me help you gentlemen. Although I'm somehwat shocked and ashamed you haven't been drinking Ukranian vodka since the start of the war. Total Wine I believe donates a percent of sales to Ukraine. 

Khor Ukrainian Vodka - 750ml

Kruto Original Vodka

And this was at Costco last weekend, for a more upscale option that I'm sure in no way appeals to you unwashed rabble:

Kruto Vodka Flawless Blue | Goody Goody Liquor

Khortysta is delicious.  The only vodka I've bought since Feb '22  

• Hook 'Em 3