Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think the US is formally calling Putin a war criminal or whatever, not sure the impact, but they are pulling out more of the sanctions that haven't already been used.

Good.  I hope the Russians they interviewed, who said the sanctions weren't affecting them at all, have to line up for bread for the rest of their miserable cunt lives.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

@MillerEP I dig your thread contributions and taking the time to translate, but fuck man, this thread is becoming unreadable on mobile with the constant tweet storms. Can you edit down or hide them in a spoiler? It's impossible to read this thread because the page skips around like crazy as each tweet loads and resizes the page

this. @MillerEP i know it's not intentional, but you're making the thread unreadable on mobile for everyone else.

24 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

That kind of goes both ways. One of the biggest Russian failures here has been over-extending supply lines and convoys getting bogged down/depleted/abandoned. As they consolidate their front lines and dig in, resupply/logistics naturally become easier … assuming they still have enough trucks

Also going to make it much more difficult to attack isolated units/convoys as they try and move about.  Taking back lost territory is a different ballgame than defending it.  The Russians can be more effective in layered levels of support as well.  We'll see

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Damn.  That first guy got a chest compression by the top of that M2 and the second one had to have spinal compression from that bounce.  Looked cool though.

It's not......;)  Buddy and a dozen of so empty beer cans went flying and he got a nice mouthful of mud for his troubles.  It was like quicksand.  We were hauling pretty fast and stuck like a bug on flypaper.  Good times....

Jeep2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, BabaYaga said:

It's not......;)  Buddy and a dozen of so empty beer cans went flying and he got a nice mouthful of mud for his troubles.  It was like quicksand.  We were hauling pretty fast and stuck like a bug on flypaper.  Good times....

Jeep2.JPG

I've done that exact move.  But the better one was when we hit a shallower mud pit flying around a corner......nosed right through it, raised a huge wave of mud/water that then crashed down right on top of us.  

We all looked like John Candy, except no nearby gals in bikinis.

PDVD_074.0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Jeep2.JPG

Hey at least you got to play Rat Patrol with the real deal, amirite?

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Damn.  That first guy got a chest compression by the top of that M2 and the second one had to have spinal compression from that bounce.  Looked cool though.

It was the 60s. Rub some dirt on it, walk it off, don't drink too much water because it's hot and water will make you sick.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Hey at least you got to play Rat Patrol with the real deal, amirite?

That day it was the "rabbit patrol".  Thankfully the rifles were stowed.  We'd been murdering jack's and clearing turtles out of the stock ponds.  I was driving and didn't fly out, but you can see the drive-side wheel was deeper and it tossed him good.  It was awesome....

33 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Wesley Clark talks about how this will be a different war now that Russia is focusing on Eastern Ukraine. 

tl;dw - there are a lot of flatter areas where it will be a lot harder to hide with the Javelins and NLAWs. 

It'll also be a lot harder to hide from the Javelins.  That's why I think The Dirtbike Cavalry, great band name, and taking nothing away from @CooterBrown, can be so dangerous in the new theater.  Quickstrikes, in&out in a flash, night time assaults, etc.  Knock out the artillery and tanks.  Get behind enemy lines and get out.  Lots of possibilities.  Setup fuel refilling stations for yourself.  All you need is a culvert and some 5 gallon fuel cans.  Go full on Banzai 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Wesley Clark talks about how this will be a different war now that Russia is focusing on Eastern Ukraine. 

tl;dw - there are a lot of flatter areas where it will be a lot harder to hide with the Javelins and NLAWs. 

With their rear covered, they can also focus on counter-attacks on missile launches.  Figure a 10-15 second flight time for some of the Jav's, that's plenty of time to respond, especially with all the back-blast in wide open spaces.  Artillery will have to come into play.  Do we know what the UA has?  Russia will prefer a stand up fight, as it plays to their strengths.  

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It pains me to say this, but if I were in those soldiers' shoes, I'd be executing every Russian soldier that surrendered. I suppose that makes me a monster, too. 

Completely agree. They killed civilians, they all deserve to die. "But commander, they just kept fighting. I had to protect myself and my fellow soldiers."

One less Russian POW to feed.

• Hook 'Em 1

‼️ Countries that have already recalled Russian diplomats:

🇱🇹 Lithuania - the ambassador leaves the country, the consulate in Klaipeda closes;
 🇩🇪 Germany - 40 diplomats;
 🇫🇷 France - 35 diplomats;
 🇮🇹 Italy - 30 diplomats;
 🇩🇰 Denmark - 15 diplomats;
 🇸🇪 Sweden - 3 diplomats;
 🇪🇸 Spain - 25 diplomats;

🇵🇱 Poland - 45 diplomats;
 🇨🇿 Czech Republic - one diplomat;
 🇳🇱 Netherlands - 17;
 🇧🇪 Belgium - 21;
 🇮🇪 Ireland - 4.
 🇪🇪 Estonia - 7, in addition to closing the main mission of Russia;
 🇱🇻 Latvia - 13, closes two consulates;
 🇸🇮 Slovenia - 33 diplomats.

5 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

^Interesting

As to the last tweet, I had this argument with some folks on another board last night.  A super-lefty that doesn't think Putin is a genocidal maniac, or that genocide isn't in the cards for Ukraine, and some others who have various thoughts on the issue.  To the lefty, I said I guess we'll have to call Putin's selective killings in Ukraine something new...

-Nationalistic Associative Murder Against Selected or Targeted Entities, or NAMASTE for short.  

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It'll also be a lot harder to hide from the Javelins.  That's why I think The Dirtbike Cavalry, great band name, and taking nothing away from @CooterBrown, can be so dangerous in the new theater.  Quickstrikes, in&out in a flash, night time assaults, etc.  Knock out the artillery and tanks.  Get behind enemy lines and get out.  Lots of possibilities.  Setup fuel refilling stations for yourself.  All you need is a culvert and some 5 gallon fuel cans.  Go full on Banzai 

Dirt Bike owned an AK. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up over there.  Assuming he's even aware it's going on. I put that at about 5%.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

As to the last tweet, I had this argument with some folks on another board last night.  A super-lefty that doesn't think Putin is a genocidal maniac, or that genocide isn't in the cards for Ukraine, and some others who have various thoughts on the issue.  To the lefty, I said I guess we'll have to call Putin's selective killings in Ukraine something new...

-Nationalistic Associative Murder Against Selected or Targeted Entities, or NAMASTE for short.  

It's not wholesale, mass slaughter (ala Japanese in China or Germans), but they are very much targeting civilians as almost always happens in these types of conflicts.  This is why the spillover threat is so dire.  There are so many larger cities that could be targeted if this escalates and we're dealing with a country that has it written into their military TTP's that nukes are to be used upon escalation.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

It's not wholesale, mass slaughter (ala Japanese in China or Germans), but they are very much targeting civilians as almost always happens in these types of conflicts.  This is why the spillover threat is so dire.  There are so many larger cities that could be targeted if this escalates and we're dealing with a country that has it written into their military TTP's that nukes are to be used upon escalation.  

That was my point to the girl.  It's not "genocidal" yet, by some definitions, but it's very thinly walking the line.  Systematic killing of civilians and children is toeing the line of genocide.  You could say it's definitely Democide.  But mix the happenings on the ground with the State TV excerpts showing that the eradication of the Ukrainian State and Ukrainian Nationality is essentially what their "Denazification" efforts entail, and those results on the ground begin to show that genocide is going to be the result.  Let's not forget that Russia has committed genocide against Ukraine in the past.  The 40 year olds fighting for their homeland right now are fighting for their grandparents who survived the last time Russia did this to them.  The historical precedent is there, and it's repeating itself on live tv.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

That was my point to the girl.  It's not "genocidal" yet, by some definitions, but it's very thinly walking the line.  Systematic killing of civilians and children is toeing the line of genocide.  You could say it's definitely Democide.  But mix the happenings on the ground with the State TV excerpts showing that the eradication of the Ukrainian State and Ukrainian Nationality is essentially what their "Denazification" efforts entail, and those results on the ground begin to show that genocide is going to be the result.  Let's not forget that Russia has committed genocide against Ukraine in the past.  The 40 year olds fighting for their homeland right now are fighting for their grandparents who survived the last time Russia did this to them.  The historical precedent is there, and it's repeating itself on live tv.  

It's just lazy and easy to target population centers when you are getting your ass kicked in the real fighting

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It's just lazy and easy to target population centers when you are getting your ass kicked in the real fighting

I think it's also Russia's "Manifest Fantasy" that Ukraine will forever be part of Russia, even though it was only really fully part of Russia during the Soviet era. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

When do the switchblades debut?  Any word?  Those little suicidal mothers would be fantastic attacking fixed emplacements.  

Probably going to take a bit of time as they need to integrated across units and personnel trained on their use. But yeah, great for messing up forward units. With a 10KM range they should be able to hit artillery emplacements. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

When do the switchblades debut?  Any word?  Those little suicidal mothers would be fantastic attacking fixed emplacements.  

As of this weekend. They haven't arrived yet. They were delivered too late to make the first shipment

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Probably going to take a bit of time as they need to integrated across units and personnel trained on their use. But yeah, great for messing up forward units. With a 10KM range they should be able to hit artillery emplacements. 

That's a start but a lot of Russian arty can sit 15-25KM back and shell.   

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I am sure they will fuck up and move em forward. At that range they can hit the front, but this war is showing the need to limit logistics. 

I thought about that because the Russians might not have the ordnance to do any kind of effective shelling but they sure as hell have enough to be destructive.  And if they are willing, which we know they are, to launch ballistic missiles from long range then drones aren't going to do much in this instance.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I thought about that because the Russians might not have the ordnance to do any kind of effective shelling but they sure as hell have enough to be destructive.  And if they are willing, which we know they are, to launch ballistic missiles from long range then drones aren't going to do much in this instance.

It's not all about technology.  The UA is fighting in their own backyard.  They have also shown an amazing level of mental agility that the RU hasn't mirrored.  Has there been word of sabotage on rail and pipelines in or around Russia?

There was an old story about the Mongols attacking a fortified city.  Declaring they would spare the city if a tribute was paid.  That tribute was two thousand cats and something like 10k live birds in cages.  Confused, but willing to avoid a siege, this was quickly paid.  The Mongols then tied loose wool rags to the animals, lit the cloth, and turned them loose.  The animals all fled back to their "homes", setting the city on fire, allowing a quick and less painful takeover.

They saw and took advantage of a simple weakness, turning it to their advantage.  For the Russians, it's logistics and supplies and a network HEAVILY dependent on rail.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I had a fun conversation with a family member yesterday about how all of the videos/casualties were fake and murdered by the Ukranian secret police, zelensky and his Nazi thugs will not be looked at fondly by history, and how he never thought he’d see the day where so many people in the world are blatantly supporting Nazis. Lots of rt.com source documents.

Our great grandparents immigrated from Ukraine. I think my jaw is still dragging on the floor. 

Every family has a couple of dumb or crazy ones. That's half the joy of reunions.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

My impression from posts like this is that the Russian Army is organized in the way that the British Army used to be--they put guys from the same town all in one unit.  Is that right?

If that's correct, then it's probably likely that guys from St. Petersburg and Moscow aren't seeing much fighting.  The last thing Putin wants is for the people in those cities to get a real sense as to how the war is going.  But that also means the numbers of troops that Russia can throw into the fight is somewhat limited.  After all, Moscow and St. Petersburg together account for about 15% of the total Russian population (and a higher percentage of its fighting-age population).

At the same time, using exclusively or primarily provincial troops probably explains a lot of the looting.  A dude from St. Petersburg probably doesn't need a Ukrainian washing machine.  A guy from the Russian Far East--that's probably a different story.

Yeah, Rob Lee has posted a lot of photos of dead Russians (their obits/death notices in local Russian media) and he highlighted a ton of soldiers that were clearly from the Far East, and talked about how a lot of the units were pretty far away from the most populated Russian cities.

30 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

That's a start but a lot of Russian arty can sit 15-25KM back and shell.   

The TB2 drones they got from Turkey have a 6,000 Km range with up to four precision munitions. They have the means to hit that artillery. The Switchblades might free up some of those Bayraktars for more specialized missions. 

• Like 1

Russian Nazis destroyed the granary. Seeds and wheat were burned, and a tractor was shot. Well, the tractor is understandable, their Russian tanks are most afraid.

У Белгородській області РФ почали рити окопи у прикордонних районах.

24.02.22: Візьмемо Київ за три дні.

05.04.22: Ми починаємо рити окопи та готувати Белгород до оборони.

Chernihiv region, shells in every cellar, in every corner. Domestic dogs and cows that did not threaten anyone were killed. This is the whole Russian army - killing women, children, animals. He beats cynically and vilely in the back, and then runs away with the loot, leaving even his slain soldiers to rot.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 2