Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

31 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

The TB2 drones they got from Turkey have a 6,000 Km range with up to four precision munitions. They have the means to hit that artillery. The Switchblades might free up some of those Bayraktars for more specialized missions. 

6,00KM range?    

Me thinks you overestimate how much length the Russian ass can take.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Chernihiv region, shells in every cellar, in every corner. Domestic dogs and cows that did not threaten anyone were killed. This is the whole Russian army - killing women, children, animals. He beats cynically and vilely in the back, and then runs away with the loot, leaving even his slain soldiers to rot.

This is the face of a total and complete lack of discipline and training.  It's irrefutable at this point.  What's the old saying?  You fall to the level of your training.  They have very little, and are acting out like the undisciplined actors we've seen so many times in many third world countries.  

They have no real leadership and the inmates are running the prison at this point.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

I think it's also Russia's "Manifest Fantasy" that Ukraine will forever be part of Russia, even though it was only really fully part of Russia during the Soviet era. 

uh....

yeah....

not true. unless you want to get extra technical regarding the most western sections of the country. 

Russia claimed large sections of modern Ukraine as being Russian prior to Catherine the Great. and then her forces scooped up the rest of it down to the Crimea during her reign

7474.jpg

They kept it after the Congress of Vienna

450px-Europe_1815_map_en.png

Lost the Crimea War and were forced to demilitarize Sevastapol and the Crimea,  However, it was still considered Russian

Here is the 1914 Map of Russia, you can see 90%+ of modern Ukraine covered here.

Russia_1000.jpg?itok=cBzgmdlH

It only became partially independent from 1917-1922  until it what was then called Ukraine (slightly smaller than the current country) was taken over by commies, and became a S.S.R. 

and after WW2, parts of Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary and Russia itself (Crimea- which is kind of a major sticking point in the current conflict) were made modern Ukrainian.

parts of Ukraine have been claimed as Russian since the 1600's        we have only been around since 1776

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

It's all relative. Go back to the beginning and you'll find the Kyivan Rus founded Russia, so technically Ukraine came first. So Russia belongs to them.

Kievan Rus - World History with Mrs. Bailey

Who, in turn, likely descended from viking raiders and settlers.  In that neck of the woods, it always comes back to the vikings.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

uh....

yeah....

not true. unless you want to get extra technical regarding the most western sections of the country. 

Russia claimed large sections of modern Ukraine as being Russian prior to Catherine the Great. and then her forces scooped up the rest of it down to the Crimea during her reign

7474.jpg

They kept it after the Congress of Vienna

450px-Europe_1815_map_en.png

Lost the Crimea War and were forced to demilitarize Sevastapol and the Crimea,  However, it was still considered Russian

Here is the 1914 Map of Russia, you can see 90%+ of modern Ukraine covered here.

Russia_1000.jpg?itok=cBzgmdlH

It only became partially independent from 1917-1922  until it what was then called Ukraine (slightly smaller than the current country) was taken over by commies, and became a S.S.R. 

and after WW2, parts of Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary and Russia itself (Crimea- which is kind of a major sticking point in the current conflict) were made modern Ukrainian.

parts of Ukraine have been claimed as Russian since the 1600's        we have only been around since 1776

28 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

It's all relative. Go back to the beginning and you'll find the Kyivan Rus founded Russia, so technically Ukraine came first. So Russia belongs to them.

Kievan Rus - World History with Mrs. Bailey

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Who, in turn, likely descended from viking raiders and settlers.  In that neck of the woods, it always comes back to the vikings.

All this.

And in the midst of all that, the Mongols asserted control over much of Russia for over 200 years.  So is a Mongol claim to Russia rightful, in 2022?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Imagine you’re defending your country from invasion, and you see your kid or your neighbor’s kid face down in the street with their hands behind their back and shot in the back of the head….

i did, that's what caused me to draw the conclusion i too would become a war criminal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Nahh.  what I hope those guys feel is the searing pain of burns from the molten metal of their destroyed BTR burning through their flesh, burrowing to the bone, knowing that death is coming and right soon.....but not soon enough.

Fuck around....find out.

These particular kids will never be in combat. They can enunciate, memorize a script, and deliver it with feeling. They may be on the rolls of a Motor Infantry unit, but their commander has never met them. They are back in whatever passes for Russian Hollywood, making patriotic speeches and fake Ukrainian surrender videos.

The same with any others who had skills, from music to athletics to brick masonry. They all got shunted aside to build mansions for generals or to shine in the intermilitary competitions and what not.

I mean, all you have to do is think of it as a cold Mexico with nukes, and it pretty much falls into place.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I agree that they kinda suck at modern warfare, but quantity has a quality all its own, and the ground becoming passable might allow them to actually fan out and screen their force with APC’s and dismounted infantry. 

Yeah, it won’t be Patton’s third army rolling through Germany, but the current environment has neutralized the advantages of numbers and equipment. The Russians are attacking and the Ukrainians are defending a series of Thermopylaes because the Russians are road bound for the time being. 

I don't think they have the infantry needed to screen against Ukrainian hunter/killer teams should they try and roam the countryside. And things like the Switchblades, even if they are the lightweight (non-tank) variety, they can fuck up the artillery and the supply/fuel trucks, and Russia will be right back to where they were.

Russia also won't have close air support either, since things like the Starstreak will just wreck them at distances that the Stinger doesn't cover.

And Russia simply doesn't have a shitload of infantry in the pipeline that they can throw into battle, at least not without A) pulling in a lot more conscripts or B) pulling in units. from the larger cities (which they have tried to avoid),  or C) pulling in troops that were initially trained for something else. We've been seeing so-called "elite" units absolutely wrecked.

Meanwhile, Ukraine has a lot of people who are currently training, and will be going into battle, and they will have the knowledge gained by Ukrainian troops over the past 6 weeks, and they will be extremely motivated, and they will be well-equipped compared to their Russian counterparts.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 686 said:

Orc drivers botch another water crossing. This has got to be approaching double digit instances of this stuff.

2a0bd4809a8183c914dbd33956c288a5.jpg

I hope they died a slow terrifying death as water slowly filled the tank compartment. Until they held their faces up to the top of the compartment trying to get one last breath of air. Until they are completely underwater, and take in a lungful of water that provides no oxygen and they died an agonizing death.

Why? Because they raped and killed civilians. Fuck then all.

Drowning is probably second to being burned alive. A napalm bomb over Russian trenches burning their infantry would be a good way to take revenge for the thousands of civilians killed by those fuckers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

It's not all about technology.  The UA is fighting in their own backyard.  They have also shown an amazing level of mental agility that the RU hasn't mirrored.  Has there been word of sabotage on rail and pipelines in or around Russia?

There was an old story about the Mongols attacking a fortified city.  Declaring they would spare the city if a tribute was paid.  That tribute was two thousand cats and something like 10k live birds in cages.  Confused, but willing to avoid a siege, this was quickly paid.  The Mongols then tied loose wool rags to the animals, lit the cloth, and turned them loose.  The animals all fled back to their "homes", setting the city on fire, allowing a quick and less painful takeover.

They saw and took advantage of a simple weakness, turning it to their advantage.  For the Russians, it's logistics and supplies and a network HEAVILY dependent on rail.  

I'm not sure I buy this story. The Mongols were always willing to let towns surrender, if they'd avoid a fight. If they didn't, however, the Mongols' policy was to kill everyone. Even if they tried to negotiate.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

That's a start but a lot of Russian arty can sit 15-25KM back and shell.   

Use the Switchblades to kill RU locomotives and starve the big guns out of ammo. UKa has done a fantastic job of attacking the supply tail. Why switch to conventional warfare?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

So link in spoiler speculates on the upcoming tactics for UA in the east. Can any of you more military experience address how plausible this might be?

Basic idea is that UA will target Melitopol air force base to whittle down RU's air capabilities by using night time scouting missions. Do enough damage and RU infantry will be forced to move out of their defensive positions to engage UA's troops which is part of an even bigger trap with targeted artillery.

Night operations is very plausible for UA forces. Will Russia have counters by now? Is location conducive for UA scouts to get in and out to safety every night?

Will RUAF be able to operate out of other bases and counter UA positions out in the open?

Spoiler

I hope they died a slow terrifying death as water slowly filled the tank compartment. Until they held their faces up to the top of the compartment trying to get one last breath of air. Until they are completely underwater, and take in a lungful of water that provides no oxygen and they died an agonizing death.
Why? Because they raped and killed civilians. Fuck then all.

Drowning is probably second to being burned alive. A napalm bomb over Russian trenches burning their infantry would be a good way to take revenge for the thousands of civilians killed by those fuckers. 

While saying, “this is going to be hard on my little boy.”

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

This is an outstanding video and articulates an end game that I've been thinking we are heading towards - the collapse of Russia as we know it.

It's about half an hour but worth the watch if you have the time. 

If we can find the RU MP Nezorov's critic from last fall he kinda predicted the same thing but his clip was under 10 minutes.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

If we can find the RU MP Nazarov's critic from last fall he kinda predicted the same thing but his clip was under 10 minutes.

I like that this went into greater detail and gave a historical context and really gets to the crux of Putins motives.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wow.  I've got a relative who buys into stupid conspiracy shit like Q, etc., (and has for years) and she's been buying into Putin's narratives, and she quotes RT and the other Russian outlets, but at least she doesn't have any family members from that area.  

Just remember - it's easy to fool someone, and it's a lot harder to convince them that they've been fooled, especially when confirmation bias is extremely easy to do these days thanks to social media and state-run media outlets in Russia.

Just avoid political viewpoints with them (you'll never sway them) and keep the arguments simple, and use some examples like this:

• Ask them if they really believe Ukraine was going to attack Russia with all of its nukes, like the Russian media is claiming?
  • If Putin is telling the truth, why can't Russian people openly discuss the war instead of being imprisoned for asking questions?
  • Ukraine has journalists from around the world following its troops in various cities, with the only restrictions being not to show Ukrainian troop positions.  Why isn't Putin inviting the world's journalists in to follow his soldiers?
  • Why do all of these Russian oligarch buddies of Putin own yachts worth tens and hundreds of millions of dollars, when Russian soldiers have expired rations and shit gear?  Why does Putin own a yacht that would feed his entire army, when his soldiers are running low on food and don't have simple things like optics and night vision gear?  Why does Putin and his oligarch buddies own mansions worth billions of dollars, while the Russian army has been openly seen shipping stolen goods from Belarus, etc.?
  • The head of the Wagner group literally bragged on social media about his Nazi tattoos - why doesn't Putin jail him?
  • The Russian military is fucking up the Russian-speaking areas of Ukraine, and they admit to their operations and attacks on those areas.  Why attack the Russian speaking areas they claim they are protecting?
  • Putin is old-school KGB.  If your family member is old enough to remember the KGB, but doesn't think this important....
  • Putin claimed they weren't going to invade for months and months, and then does it.  He then claimed he was withdrawing troops, then sent in more.  Why does he feel the need to lie?
  • Putin has spent decades talking about how Ukraine belongs to Russia historically, and even wrote a manifesto of sorts last July proving it. Why?
  • Putin claims that Ukrainians are simply Russians by another name
  • If Putin says that Ukrainians are actually Russians by another name, and if he says many Ukrainians are Nazis, then there are millions of Russians that must be Nazis, which makes Russians bad guys. Granted, this is a dumb fucking argument, I know, but have fun with it.
  • If there really are Nazis running the country and building spooky stuff in research labs, then UN/NATO should get involved militarily and start looking for Nazis alongside Putin's army.  Challenge them on this - if there are Nazis, then there should be no problem teaming up with the West to root them out.
  • Russia has been trying to destroy the Ukrainian language and culture going back to the 1700s and earlier.  Why?
  • Kyiv existed long before Moscow, so why does Moscow/Russia claim seniority?
  • Some of the justifications that Putin uses could be used by England/France/Spain/Mexico to claim that parts of the US belong to them, AND it could damn sure be used by Native Americans to claim a huge chunk of the US as belonging to them.  Ask your relative if they think Texas should go back to Mexico or Spain.

Granted, these are stupid fucking arguments to be having with somebody here in 2022, especially if that person is old enough to remember the Cold War, but just remember, avoid talking politics with them about it, and keep it to the historical stuff mentioned in the list above.

In my experience, you won't convince them that Russia is not in the right, but at least make them defend some of the stupid shit that Russia has claimed.

This is funny, as after yesterday I decided I just can’t talk about anything current event/political with them. It’s fun being called low IQ and part of the problem in this country with lack of discourse, but it’s really hard to argue with someone that’s presenting information that I’m proving false as we’re having the conversation. He’s not a dumb person, either, but as a former marine captain his style of conversation is just to talk over you and present other cloak room tactics. The response to the Wagner group guy’s tattoos was funny - it was the only time he was not prepared for something I brought up and immediately changed the topic. 

Our relatives would be ashamed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1