Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

13 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Reporter introduces herself and asks Yevgeny Viktorovich (Prigozhin Wagner PMC CEO) if he’s surprised that he’s not on the latest sanctions package from the U.S., UK, Canada. Response:

“There’s nothing surprising in it at all. I’ve always behaved charitably to America and even helped them correct some of their internal political problems. As for the referenda, no one asked me about them and I didn’t take part. To get sanctioned for fighting in Ukraine, I have not been effective enough yet. I’ll try harder.” 

I wonder if he's been flipped

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’ve got to say if there are between 5-10k of the more trained and competent Russian troops in Lyman…might be better to just bomb them before they get close enough to surrender. 

Some conflicting reports out there. It appears that Lyman may have been taken but a good chunk of the forces there evacuated. Either way, Lyman is or is about to be in Ukraine’s control and it’s a big loss for the RuZZians. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

It is terrifying that such a crazed person has so much power. It feels like a speech straight out of the early 20th century.

People say crazy and that is an incorrect assessment.   Putin is negotiating both with the Russian populace/elite and with the west.  In the West/free world we view negotiation as two parties acting in good faith who each have goals and then work toward a mutually agreeable solution with compromises by both parties.

He is Russian and their industrial/modern era MO when negotiating with the West has been to threaten, demand everything, , escalate, threaten, demand again, and escalate some more.  Often the West then gives them a lot of what they want and requires little or nothing, often only getting Russia to agree to remove the threat they themselves created as a leverage tool to get concessions.

So Putin is acting/negotiating as he and Russia often do, but the difference is that he has started this by asking and taking far more than the West could allow.  His age, health and desire for historical importance have already been discussed as reasons for over-stepping Russia’s normal incremental approach.  My thought when this was about to start was that Russia would just invade the two disputed territories and no more, and that if he had done only that, and limited his actions to just those areas, that the US and West Would have pushed back much less and we would eventually get to a point where we dispute it but generally accept it like Crimea.   Or historically like Austria, then the Sudetenland’s, then Czechoslovakia, etc.   Incremental conquest with words of peace if only everyone allows it to stand.

As it is clear, and Putin himself has said, that all of Ukraine is the current but not final conquest, It is actually good for us that he grossly misplayed this.   

But back to crazy.   He is here and while reality of the military situation and economic situation should push him to reassess, I think his personal reasons keep him trying to “negotiate” this in the same way he and Russia always have.  So he acts and negotiates as he knows best with the West, and honestly how we have trained him again and again through capitulation, that it will work.

So he will continue with brinksmanship, and we need to ignore it as if it was a child’s tantrum, we should act like adults, go all in for Ukraine to defend and take back their territory with equipment, training and intel, and try to avoid direct involvement (NATO servicemen and NATO launched bombs) being used at Russian troops.

There will be more threats, more brinksmanship, more veiled sabotage and espionage, because that is what Putin knows and also all he has got.  

It may seem crazy when viewed from the prism of Western negotiations, but that is because it has been 30 years or so since living with and understanding Russia/USSR was more common.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

https://ukrainevolunteer297689472.wordpress.com/2022/09/30/its-a-slaughter/

"Lots, just us, maybe 140 dead Russians. Like hunting squirrels in a pecan orchard. I have to think Lyman is under our control, but we have no info on that.

We all got split-up into smaller groups, too much contact going on to stay together. here with about 20 guys, trying to make contact with someone to get ammo.

Lot of people on foot, some running down the road, some trying to make their way through the forest to the south of the road. A half-a-dozen Russians came into the woods where we were in a hide to catch our breath and eat, they almost ran into us, but as usual, were moving fast and talking. We cut them down before they knew what was happening. They had little ammo, no med kits, very little food, and no info at all on them except for their phones and some family stuff. Trying to get intel off stiffs here is a very disappointing exercise."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Every single one of their camps looks like homeless people at their worst. The barracks look like squatters. 

These old guys are getting dumped into this? 

Wouldn't be surprised if those old barracks did house squatters before the newly mobilized showed up.

That much I have learned from Hardbass videos.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

“Anglo-Saxons”’ is a weird tic that creeps into pro-Kremlin discourse in all Slavic languages and it’s quite clearly a bid to create a civilizational foil to “pan-Slavism.” 

It was a big Vichy French thing too, though it probably predated them and I have heard it in real life since.

15 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

When is India going to be pressured the same way we do to China for their passive support of Russia?

I too am pissed at India, but I understand their anger at the US stupidly continuing to play footsie with Pakistan. Pakistan is unreliable trash that is an ally of China, why do we continue to arm and help them?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ABSR said:

People say crazy and that is an incorrect assessment.   Putin is negotiating both with the Russian populace/elite and with the west.  In the West/free world we view negotiation as two parties acting in good faith who each have goals and then work toward a mutually agreeable solution with compromises by both parties.

He is Russian and their industrial/modern era MO when negotiating with the West has been to threaten, demand everything, , escalate, threaten, demand again, and escalate some more.  Often the West then gives them a lot of what they want and requires little or nothing, often only getting Russia to agree to remove the threat they themselves created as a leverage tool to get concessions.

So Putin is acting/negotiating as he and Russia often do, but the difference is that he has started this by asking and taking far more than the West could allow.  His age, health and desire for historical importance have already been discussed as reasons for over-stepping Russia’s normal incremental approach.  My thought when this was about to start was that Russia would just invade the two disputed territories and no more, and that if he had done only that, and limited his actions to just those areas, that the US and West Would have pushed back much less and we would eventually get to a point where we dispute it but generally accept it like Crimea.   Or historically like Austria, then the Sudetenland’s, then Czechoslovakia, etc.   Incremental conquest with words of peace if only everyone allows it to stand.

As it is clear, and Putin himself has said, that all of Ukraine is the current but not final conquest, It is actually good for us that he grossly misplayed this.   

But back to crazy.   He is here and while reality of the military situation and economic situation should push him to reassess, I think his personal reasons keep him trying to “negotiate” this in the same way he and Russia always have.  So he acts and negotiates as he knows best with the West, and honestly how we have trained him again and again through capitulation, that it will work.

So he will continue with brinksmanship, and we need to ignore it as if it was a child’s tantrum, we should act like adults, go all in for Ukraine to defend and take back their territory with equipment, training and intel, and try to avoid direct involvement (NATO servicemen and NATO launched bombs) being used at Russian troops.

There will be more threats, more brinksmanship, more veiled sabotage and espionage, because that is what Putin knows and also all he has got.  

It may seem crazy when viewed from the prism of Western negotiations, but that is because it has been 30 years or so since living with and understanding Russia/USSR was more common.  

Your second paragraph is a great summary of what it means to have a “normal” relationship with Russia.  Modus operandi is to demand all your cake, then expect gratitude when they settle for half. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm turning myself over to a higher power as of late for some personal shit.  But I look around at Ukraine and political rallies here at home...there's no fucking way this is real.  We are inside a computer inside of a computer.  You got beautiful women like that blowing up Russian tanks and I live in a country where a three-toed cunt of an Iggy Pop impersonator is probably gonna be my Vice President.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 2

Just now, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I'm turning myself over to a higher power as of late for some personal shit.  But I look around at Ukraine and political rallies here at home...there's no fucking way this is real.  We are inside a computer inside of a computer.  You got beautiful women like that blowing up Russian tanks and I live in a country where a three-toed cunt of an Iggy Pop impersonator is probably gonna be my Vice President.  

Honestly, all the macro bad shit going on in the world is made more bearable when you realize none of it’s real.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a theory of Slavic women which is that they get hotter in a predictable curve going east from Germany, peak in a geographic band bounded by Warsaw to the West and Kyiv to the East with Eastern Slovakia and Western Ukraine the summit. They tail off in a less dramatic fashion heading toward Siberia, but RuZZia. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Of the 4 bodies in the video, I believe 3 are Russian and one is Ukrainian.

In some of the responses it's being said that Russians were using blue tape to help in breakout attempt. Can't tell but it does look more like Russian camo than Ukrainian. Take it all with a grain of salt. 

Allegedly there is some telegram videos with lots of dead Russians, haven't been able to find them yet. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Reporter introduces herself and asks Yevgeny Viktorovich (Prigozhin Wagner PMC CEO) if he’s surprised that he’s not on the latest sanctions package from the U.S., UK, Canada. Response:
“There’s nothing surprising in it at all. I’ve always behaved charitably to America and even helped them correct some of their internal political problems. As for the referenda, no one asked me about them and I didn’t take part. To get sanctioned for fighting in Ukraine, I have not been effective enough yet. I’ll try harder.” 

That’s true. He gave us live target practice in Syria, with approximately 500 men with vehicles going up against a small 21 man unit. We appreciate his effort to help our men understand and appreciate the value of competent training and integrated efforts.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

44 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I have a theory of Slavic women which is that they get hotter in a predictable curve going east from Germany, peak in a geographic band bounded by Warsaw to the West and Kyiv to the East with Eastern Slovakia and Western Ukraine the summit. They tail off in a less dramatic fashion heading toward Siberia, but RuZZia. 

Link to your white paper on this?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3