Best Louisiana related movies & TV

ADHD

Denzel's break out role too..... Early Michael Rooker too.  RIP Rollins.

Not as good as Shawshank, which came before it, yet still a really satisfying movie.  RIP Duncan.

Difficult but mandatory watch as an American.  Amazing performances by Ejiofor, Fassbender, and Nyong'o.

Monster's Ball has a great scene!  Amirite.  Overall, the movie is a bit of a bore.   I have a bit of a soft spot for the Skeleton Key.  It's not a great movie but Voodoo and black magic has always been interesting to me.  Couple of great X-Files episodes revolve around it.  Love JFK, as already named.  

Native Louisianans think this movie is the best about their state....

• Like 1

True Detective Season 1 is the Answer.  But, in all honesty Angel Heart my be in my Top 20 moviers of all-time.  It also captures the creapiness of the underbelly (voodoo) of New Orleans and Louisiana swamp and I think True Detective really stole a lot from Angel Heart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

At first I thought Halle Berry’s tits but then I remembered the greatness that is True Detective season 1

I watched part of some Son of Poseidon kids movie the other day and Alexandra Daddario was in it as a young teen. Unfortunately all I could think of was her flopping those puppies out in True Detective and I creeped myself out. Still fapped, but yeah, creepy.

Two that really aren't considered great movies, but still do a pretty good job of depicting the seediness of New Orleans: 

Heaven's Prisoners - Alec Baldwin as Dave Robicheaux, a great character from the really great book by James Lee Burke, but the movie is pretty meh. 

Blaze - Paul Newman as Huey Long who gets drunk a lot and falls in love with a stripper. Notwithstanding the star power of the cast...

blaze-01.jpg

...I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?