Which Coach Do You Fire?

Leanderman

Warehime has to go, he did nothing this season on the trail or as a position coach other than get Beck back at TE.

Mehringer needs to go. We need Beaty in his spot yesterday.

I never heard Corby Meekins name mentioned very much this cycle, but I like him overall on the staff.

Drayton probably gets another year, but if we miss on Zachary Evans or take a step back in the run game he is probably gone.

Beck is proving to be a rainmaker as a recruiter and a damn good QB coach, but not a good OC. That should be interesting to watch unfold, but I bet they keep him as a Co-OC title.  

Giles will most likely get another year. He had a solid class but we need to add a second DL coach or just upgrade Giles altogether long term.

Naivar and Washington are studs. Very happy with Herb Hand so far, although he underperformed a bit in recruiting. Next cycle will be big for him.

And of course Orlando isn't going anywhere. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Warehime has to go, he did nothing this season on the trail or as a position coach other than get Beck back at TE.

Mehringer needs to go. We need Beaty in his spot yesterday.

I never heard Corby Meekins name mentioned very much this cycle, but I like him overall on the staff.

Drayton probably gets another year, but if we miss on Zachary Evans or take a step back in the run game he is probably gone.

Beck is proving to be a rainmaker as a recruiter and a damn good QB coach, but not a good OC. That should be interesting to watch unfold, but I bet they keep him as a Co-OC title.  

Giles will most likely get another year. He had a solid class but we need to add a second DL coach or just upgrade Giles altogether long term.

Naivar and Washington are studs. Very happy with Herb Hand so far, although he underperformed a bit in recruiting. Next cycle will be big for him.

And of course Orlando isn't going anywhere. 

Solid take. 

Beck sucks as an OC, but he's not really our OC, so as long as Herman is content being the playcaller, I guess Beck can stay because he seems to be a solid QB coach and recruiter.  

In general, your TE coach and RB coach should be rainmakers on the recruiting front because these are the least demanding spots as far as actual coaching.  It doesn't seem like we have that at all.  Warehime should have been fired last year.  He's beyond terrible.  I guess Drayton maybe gets a pass for his time at tOSU, but his recruiting here has been underwhelming.  I like Giles as a coach, but our DL recruiting is terrible.  I would like to see us bring in better recruiters at both of these spots (RB and DL).  Hand is not much of a recruiter, but for me that's OK for an O-line coach.  More than anything, OL coach needs to be a technician and a Zen master.  If he can recruit on top of that, that's gravy.  

2 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

I like OP’S attitude.  1 firing minimum is a foregone conclusion. Only question is which one.

Make it a reality show on LHN. 

Coach Orlando, please accept this breakfast taco. 

Coach Beck, sorry bud, Greyhound station is just down the road. 

1 minute ago, rickyspub said:

I am going with Mehringer and Warehime not getting their contracts renewed. Though I could see them landing other jobs first to spare them the ignominy of being let go.

Drayton will get a soft landing in the NFL.

Does Meekins move into a HS relations role with Shipley?

44 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

I am going with Mehringer and Warehime not getting their contracts renewed. Though I could see them landing other jobs first to spare them the ignominy of being let go.

Drayton will get a soft landing in the NFL.

That’s what I’m thinking. I also wonder if Herman  doesn’t want to call plays anymore and the offensive staff gets shuffled a bit. 

What schools run similar smash mouth spread attacks like us? Did Fedora?

I dont know, but I do know that whomever gets hired needs to be assigned as Special Teams Coordinator and that is the phase of the game they are responsible for. I've said this over and over and over. There will be a team that does this first and changes how coaching corps are structured across the game at the college level. I would prefer that team be Texas.

5 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I dont know, but I do know that whomever gets hired needs to be assigned as Special Teams Coordinator and that is the phase of the game they are responsible for. I've said this over and over and over. There will be a team that does this first and changes how coaching corps are structured across the game at the college level. I would prefer that team be Texas.

Alabama has a special teams coordinator, Jeff Banks. Special teams is still the weakness of that team.

28 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Alabama has a special teams coordinator, Jeff Banks. Special teams is still the weakness of that team.

Obviously, the right corch would need to be put in that position. Otherwise shit results will occur. Just remember that DKR has Special Teams as one of his big selling points to dominating games. He wanted his special teams and defense to be the best on the field on any given Saturday and by and large, they were. We all know how great an effective punter can be. Now if that can be extrapolated to encompass all of the special teams, it's easy to figure out that those would absolutely be deadly to the other team.

4 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

...I also wonder if Herman  doesn’t want to call plays anymore and the offensive staff gets shuffled a bit. 

What schools run similar smash mouth spread attacks like us? Did Fedora?

So you're suggesting we bring Herb Meyer in as Co-OC to call plays?

55 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Thinking outside the casket...

(just barely, but still outside the casket)

I hadn't considered Bill as an option.

We could use a little wizardry around the 40 Acres.

The problem is that he would insist we make his son HCIW. Unfortunately, in the Wizarding World Snyder's son is considered a Squib.