Orange Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Alabama

Constant

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Did you see the fucking catches their WR made?  Not sure how you get 'horrendous' out of that performance vs the best fucking team out there.  GMAFB

If you are only focusing on the few spectacular catches the WRs made, you missed a lot of what was going on. 

I only remember 2 amazing catches... Ruggs for the TD and Jeudy in double coverage where the ball was dropped in perfectly. Everything else was pretty easy

Edited by taybo20

One thing I don't get is how OU's coaching staff did absolutely nothing at all to defend the slants Bama was running all night. Not once did they adjust. The same exact coverage was being played on play 1 as it was in the 4th quarter. Allowed a free inside release all day long. High school, JV QBs are going to be able to complete those simplistic passes. How about taking away the inside leverage for the receivers and force them to go outside? 

One thing I don't get is how OU's coaching staff did absolutely nothing at all to defend the slants Bama was running all night. Not once did they adjust. The same exact coverage was being played on play 1 as it was in the 4th quarter. Allowed a free inside release all day long. High school, JV QBs are going to be able to complete those simplistic passes. How about taking away the inside leverage for the receivers and force them to go outside? 

It wasn’t just slants though. Seemed like any seem route thrown to the middle was wide open. Unbelievable.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

It wasn’t just slants though. Seemed like any seem route thrown to the middle was wide open. Unbelievable.

I guess that's why they are ranked in the 90s in defense. Which is all the more frustrating on why we could not score more than we did in the Big 12 title game.

except for the highest QBR ever recorded, passing yardage, rushing, etc. 
QBR

You keep getting funnier.

In a national semifinal on the last play of the first half after time expired when he was running in the open field he ducked out of bounds. The only chance his team had of scoring was for him to cut inside.

No pussy of that magnitude is one of the greatest ever anything.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah, it matters.  Did you see the D yesterday?  Bama receivers were making incredible plays.  OU's secondary wasn't completely out of position as is their standard.  Bama is in a class of their own...maybe Clemson is there but nobody else.  OU shit the bed early and you can't do that vs GOAT (Saban). 

The coaches room broadcast of the game was interesting as was their commentary on the OU defense, Herm in particular. Your D has work to do and from listening to them it isn't the quality of the athletes.

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

QBR

In a national semifinal on the last play of the first half after time expired when he was running in the open field he ducked out of bounds. The only chance his team had of scoring was for him to cut inside.

what  a silly rebuttal 

Not nearly as silly as citing "highest QBR of all time." That is honestly an absurd argument to make. Tell me, what was Vince Young's QBR in 2005? Oh that's right, it was lower than Pat White's. Hahaha. How about Tommie Frazier's in 1995? Oh that's right, nobody knows because it's a made up statistic from 2011.

Greatness involves helping your team win. When you intentionally hurt your team's chances to win in a national semifinal because you're worried about your other career then you're not one of the greatest college QBs ever. That's not a silly argument, it's reality.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

They did. They had Motley lined with inside press leverage and he let the receiver get inside of him without making contact. It was pitiful. 

4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

God between Mayfield’s immaturity and murray’s Bitchassesness has any team has back to back QBs at such a high level of douche?

Actually, yes. Dating back to 1894, every QB who has ever played for aggy has been a douche. Only one of them was either talented enough or media savvy enough to have drawn attention to their douchiness, however.

• Like 1

“We kind of just played our worst ball at the beginning,” Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley said. “We very simply didn’t get stops, gave up some big plays to them.

“They outplayed us early, I think it’s as simple as that. It was just a complete tale of two games … they completely outplayed us early and then we completely outplayed them pretty much the rest of the way.

haha

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

QBR

I asked myself all year what would happen with a game or title on the line and he had to stick his nose in and take a hit to win. Would he do it? The answer is absolutely not. The guy is as big of a pussy as he is a talent.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

Channeling his inner Matt Leinert I see

Bullshit. Matt Leinart came over to the Texas Locker after the game along with Bush to congratulate the Horns. He also owned his mistake on his immediate reaction. Guy is pretty good in the studio as well.

Kyler is a bitch ass pussy with talent, cries a lot, and cannot handle any adversity without behaving like a bitch. If he got even half of the flak that Leinart received he would probably off himself.
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Bullshit. Matt Leinart came over to the Texas Locker after the game along with Bush to congratulate the Horns. He also owned his mistake on his immediate reaction. Guy is pretty good in the studio as well.

Kyler is a bitch ass pussy with talent, cries a lot, and cannot handle any adversity without behaving like a bitch. If he got even half of the flak that Leinart received he would probably off himself.

I was only referencing his on the field comments right after the game. 

Yeah, it matters.  Did you see the D yesterday?  Bama receivers were making incredible plays.  OU's secondary wasn't completely out of position as is their standard.  Bama is in a class of their own...maybe Clemson is there but nobody else.  OU shit the bed early and you can't do that vs GOAT (Saban). 
Ou shat the bed all game secondary wise.

QBR

That is a reggie bush move. Both pussy ass wankers.

Finally got a team to bottle that little Ewok up for an entire half. Loved watching his dumbface experience failure for a 2nd time. I hope he goes to the NFL were every team is full of defenders like Bama has. 
Naw he's going to the minors where every pitcher is gonna knock his bitch ass down wit de high and inside.

18 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Make sure to call your local provider to get your ACCN/SECN package deal from ESPN:

Any Sooner that wants to pull out this bullshit can suck my sweaty balls. There was only one hold called in the game and it was on Bama(it was a valid call). OU could not run their offense until their OL figured out that they could tackle the Bama DL in the backfield without getting called on it. Also, two of Lamb's big catches, he pushed off. They missed calls both ways but it sure as shit was not in favor of Bama.

1 hour ago, bamachine said:

Any Sooner that wants to pull out this bullshit can suck my sweaty balls. There was only one hold called in the game and it was on Bama(it was a valid call). OU could not run their offense until their OL figured out that they could tackle the Bama DL in the backfield without getting called on it. Also, two of Lamb's big catches, he pushed off. They missed calls both ways but it sure as shit was not in favor of Bama.

You've gotta be able to see a joke for what it is, I think  2 calls could have went the other way, but I doubt it makes a difference in the final outcome/ I'll root 4 Tide on 1-7-19...

Disclaimer - Bama wins this game either way.

Having said that, I still can't believe that Riley didn't take the ball on offense first.  It was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Bama was going to march on the ou D.  That first drive had ou on their heels from the outset and allowed Bama to pour it on early giving them little chance to recover in the midst of that 1st quarter.

Dumb, dumb move imo.

1 hour ago, bamachine said:

Yeah I thought OPI should have been called and ousux OL definitely held as per usual. They simply got beat down.