Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, Pasken said:

The Houston Astros

I was referring to Erdogan; are you referencing Trump? I don't follow the beisbol. Not since Harry Carey passed. I grew up in a state that had no MLB and the Cubs were the only team on tv. Not really a fan these days except for some college and the LLWS.

39 minutes ago, Mapache said:

Trump needs to see this horror he helped to create 

Strong evidence Turkey using chemical weapons against Kurds

Warning: graphic 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7587357/Distressing-footage-emerges-children-chemical-burns-Syria.html

Kids fighting on the playground 

13 minutes ago, Mapache said:

Trump: "America is respected again!"

When a Turk fancies he’ll take his chances, chances will be taken. 

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

DJ (staff probably) has been retweeting footage of his trip to the Louis Vuitton factory. Designer handbags for the well-off, chemical warfare for the forgottens. What a world.

You mean the Lewis Vitton factory as Trump said.

8 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

They don't love America. They love Trump.

Mostly. There is no capacity for love (of anyone or anything) in Trumpism. At its core, this movement is a manifestation of hate and fear that is projected as love of country. When they say MAGA, what they mean is make America entirely white and Protestant again. In other words, we hate blacks, Mexicans, Muslims and anyone else of color (unless they are also self-loathing people that have the same capacity to hate: see icono) because they have ruined this country. 

@Thetexashammer, as a Trump supporter you lose your right to claim patriotism. You don’t love America. You hate. That’s all you do.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Mapache said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7587357/Distressing-footage-emerges-children-chemical-burns-Syria.html

Disgusting.

We should halt all arms sales to Turkey indefinitely. It is not lost on the Kurds that it is F16s and NATO artillery weapons being used to execute this offensive. Why do we insist on further arming these fucking barbarians?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I was referring to Erdogan; are you referencing Trump? I don't follow the beisbol. Not since Harry Carey passed. I grew up in a state that had no MLB and the Cubs were the only team on tv. Not really a fan these days except for some college and the LLWS.

So you grew up in Indianapolis then, is it?

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

But as my idiot Facebook uncle posted during the Democratic debate, Trump is the only candidate who “believes killing babies is wrong.”  

The only thing Trump believes is wrong is that he can't fuck Ivanka. He'd kill all the babies himself if he thought it would help get him a second term. 

19 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I grew up a military brat and spent several years in Turkey while growing up. It is an absolute tragedy what has happened and continues to happen in that beautiful country. Ataturk's dream is likely dead (was it already?)

Yes I agree with you.

Though (and this is before my time), they did something similar with the Armenian genocide and I was shocked at how the Turks denied the existence even as recent  as 5-10 years ago. Their own crazy version of Holocaust denial.

Edited by Rougarou

Just now, Rougarou said:

Yes I agree with you.

Though (and this is before my time), they did something similar with the Armenian genocide and I was shocked at how the Turks denied the existence even as far back as 5-10 years ago. Their own crazy version of Holocaust denial.

The Armenians, the Greeks, the Assyrians.  They're trying to set up for the extremely rare modern day genocide cycle. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

The Armenians, the Greeks, the Assyrians.  They're trying to set up for the extremely rare modern day genocide cycle. 

I believe we call that the "genocycle".

Which one is the home run?

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Continental Op said:
2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:
Maybe Dallas proper itself ain’t so bad, but oh boy, the Metroplex as a whole is something else. Most of it is redneckville

We certainly can't compete with bastions of culture like Katy or Leander

Completely off topic, but Katy had that school superintendent who resigned last year after the brouhaha at the school board meeting. Apparently he was a golden boy in high school who beat up and tormented a classmate, including giving the boy's head a urinal/toilet dunking. The victim's surname was 'Gay,' so apparently that was license for abuse. Long story shorter: victim grows up, changes his name, has children of his own and discovers (when one of his children is bullied) that his former tormentor is now head of the district. Shows up for a school board meeting and confronts the superintendent who pretty much nervously laughs him off. Could not believe the number of people who came forward to defend the superintendent. But then again, that is how bullies (like the President) are able to do what they do. Active and eager participants and onlookers who relish the pain and suffering of others while feeling self-righteous about their own superiority. In other words, what y'all said: hate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I should add, aside from his Intelligence briefing, the President has no events on his calendar so expect some tweets unless the Friday news is slow. I don't think he is very happy with Mulvaney.

Giuliani repeatedly tanked the legal case for the Muslim ban by confessing it was a Muslim ban on national tv.  Yet he's still here.  Competence is not the deciding factor for who stays around.

8 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

So you grew up in Indianapolis then, is it?

No, but but flyover country is correct. Over the years, baseball at the lower levels has changed due to the select team popularity and while the MLB has players from baseball rich countries where the sport is loved, I grew disappointed that the opposite was happening here and it was heading towards another country club sport status. I still watch from time to time, but no longer have a specific team. Love to watch the pitchers, brings back memories of a tennis ball, a glove and a garage door.

Okay, sorry for the trip down memory lane and the social status of athletic youth in modern day baseball.

Is there anything we can do to help the Kurdish people (besides someone getting DJ out of office)? Humanitarian relief?

19 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

For this attack and especially now for using chemical weapons on civilians, Turkey should be removed from NATO and we should impose real sanctions with teeth like we do on North Korea and Iran.  

If necessary, there should actually be military force used to stop them since this is nothing more than ethnic cleansing (which we’re at fault for allowing to happen to boot), but nobody has the stomach for that. 

Chemical weapons on children of the people who stopped ISIS while they let ISIS prisoners escape.  Erdogan might as well be Al Qaeda.

What country benefits from NATO’s dismantlement?

his tax returns will explain why he’s doing Russia’s bidding

2 hours ago, DigDug said:

Did anyone else catch the Aggie football player Gordo interviewed in the Trump line....He was wearing a Big 12 championship ring from 2010 and said it was because they tied OU and Nebraska that year.

Man if that ain't just the epitome of Aggie twisted dishonest logic on display.

I heard it and my brain froze for a second and I actually had to go back and look it up. Sooner beat corn that year in the title game.

30 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

But then again, that is how bullies (like the President) are able to do what they do. Active and eager participants and onlookers who relish the pain and suffering of others while feeling self-righteous about their own superiority. In other words, what y'all said: hate.

Everyone has familiarity with the concept of ‘defense mechanisms’.  There is one, identification with the aggressor, which is also in effect here.  People unconsciously take the side of an aggressor (identify with) to avoid being a target of aggression.  This happens often when the aggression is abusive, wrong, and even criminal.  In short, peoples’ fear prevents them from standing for what is right even when they ‘know it’.

So it’s not necessarily about being self righteous and hateful, but rather being cowardly and weak.

Edited by triplehorn
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I grew up a military brat and spent several years in Turkey while growing up. It is an absolute tragedy what has happened and continues to happen in that beautiful country. Ataturk's dream is likely dead (was it already?)

Now do the U.S.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mapache said:

It will have no effect on him.  He's a sociopath.  It's hard for people who aren't sociopaths to understand, because we assume that everyone who isn't a serial killer has some core of humanity and conscience and empathy inside.   But he literally doesn't have that. The people who need to see this are the Republicans who continue to let him have the keys to the car.   They're the ones who have the capability to do better (most of them, at least) but are choosing to let this happen out of naked self-interest. 

• Like 5